OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

i don't believe you Dave, but ty
if you want to play the oracle, i do have several Qs you could peruse though
again
“He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 16:15–17)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 16:15–17)
ok Dave, if you aren't going to respond to the post have a nice day

D

Dave L

yes, at about the ratio of 1 to 5, Dave

1 dentist out of 5 "proves" that i shouldn't be using Crest too i guess
Earn an original language degree and get a job working for a major bible publisher. Then speak your mind.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Earn an original language degree and get a job working for a major bible publisher. Then speak your mind.
x5 back at you Dave, but imo go ahead and keep speaking your mind anyway, i appreciate any support i can get
I'm enjoying myself quite well. Notice the big smile?
well, they do say ignorance is bliss Dave, doesn't mean you gotta prove it

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how it plays out in scripture. In the LXX Kurios = YHWH. SO the NT Church realized Jesus is YHWH in calling him Lord. The Greek language pros confirm this in their translations already provided.

The LXX, so what?

All three persons of the Trinity are YHWH individually and jointly.

Since Jesus was only prophetic when Israel left Egypt, it cannot be referring to the second person of the Trinity after the incarnation.

D

Dave L

The LXX, so what?

All three persons of the Trinity are YHWH individually and jointly.

Since Jesus was only prophetic when Israel left Egypt, it cannot be referring to the second person of the Trinity after the incarnation.
Jesus is eternally God. Only heretics think otherwise.

D

Dave L

x5 back at you Dave, but imo go ahead and keep speaking your mind anyway, i appreciate any support i can get

well, they do say ignorance is bliss Dave, doesn't mean you gotta prove it
Now Bird, you need to straighten up and fly right, and stop just "winging it".

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not think Jesus is God, we can drop this conversation now.
His spirit is a God and his flesh is human.

You want to say his flesh and spirit together are God. And that his flesh existed before the incarnation. That is wrong.

You have God dying and the first person of eternity creating the second person, thus making the second person not eternal.

Who taught that you that nonsense? Which cult?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all i said was that i would suggest a different interp of the v Taken, the "other than that commonly applied" is inferred

Don't know what you mean "commonly applied". Jesus said inherit the kingdom.

yes i know with your two eyes right. It's not gonna happen, ok Thomas?p/
i mean i'm sorry, i wish it could happen too, but we are called to see Christ in a diff way ok

Already addressed...
The Raptured Church shall see Jesus, AS HE IS. ---> Which is NOT with the FORM He took upon Himself.
Thereafter...
Jesus returns as the Son of Man....able to be seen by Mortal men...ok Judas?

You'll see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up i guess, just like the Book says

The Book reveals, to divide the Word of Truth.
Not everything applies the same to every person.
I didn't SEE Him go up, other men did.
I will be meeting Him IN the Clouds, seeing the Lord, as He is, before He comes to Earth.
I will not be ON EARTH, with EVERY EYE ON Earth (who rejected Him) seeing the Son of man descend from the Clouds.

'"THEN I shall SEE it" so you say, but the kingdom does not come by your observation, and obviously in your scenario one would be able to say "look, over here! here it is!" ok?'
really just a meaningful response to the above was all i was looking for

No, the kingdom does not COME by observation.....The Spirit of God IN ME, does not come BY Observation....but it is there.
The kingdom of God within me does not come by observation....but it is there.

AND ONE DAY, There WILL be a VISIBLE kingdom ON Earth, Visible to Spiritual Eyes, of those WHOSE future IS to occupy the Earth at that time.

WAY, Order, time frame, applicability, key words.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

His spirit is a God and his flesh is human.

You want to say his flesh and spirit together are God. And that his flesh existed before the incarnation. That is wrong.

You have God dying and the first person of eternity creating the second person, thus making the second person not eternal.

Who taught that you that nonsense? Which cult?
I said or implied at least once that Jesus is YHWH. That in the incarnation he took on a fully human nature and has a fully divine nature. Which is now forever glorified. But Jesus did not have two personalities, a man's spirit and God's Spirit if that is what you think.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Don't know what you mean "commonly applied". Jesus said inherit the kingdom.
yes, and He said "flesh and blood cannot inherit" too right, so we interpret that a certain way, forgetting that the kingdom is within you. Iow the first is a dialectic statement that actually means "flesh and blood inherits the kingdom," only it is intentionally put in such a way so as to be misinterpreted if one is bringing their improper premises/conclusions into the interp. We inherit spiritually, so "flesh and blood does not inherit" in that sense, but a play on words is being used iow
imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't SEE Him go up, other men did.
they saw Him come down the same way they saw Him go up too, and Scripture has recorded many other prophecies, so no reason this could not have been put prophetically too if that was what the authors had intended, see, they could have written "And in that day when you see Him come down in the same way they saw Him go up yadayada," but they did not, so that the Cult of Sol ppl would have another little hidden from the wise thing to misinterpret
I will be meeting Him IN the Clouds, seeing the Lord, as He is, before He comes to Earth.
God knows when, too, but i pray this comes true for you today, ok. Meanwhile i would not be standing there looking up into the sky, but do what you like, i'm not condemning you
I will not be ON EARTH, with EVERY EYE ON Earth (who rejected Him) seeing the Son of man descend from the Clouds.
"every eye" is a carefully crafted dialectic statement that will cause a change in interpretation there wadr, and you have been given the impression that you might leave earth bc Mercury and/or Apollo, ok, i could prolly put that better but i'm on the fly here sorry. We are called to leave the world, today, and you are preaching leave the earth, tomorrow, right. In all sincerity, too, don't get me wrong
No, the kingdom does not COME by observation.....The Spirit of God IN ME, does not come BY Observation....but it is there.
The kingdom of God within me does not come by observation....but it is there.
ya, "i'm doing God's will" too! :D
AND ONE DAY, There WILL be a VISIBLE kingdom ON Earth, Visible to Spiritual Eyes, of those WHOSE future IS to occupy the Earth at that time.
ah, now see how you have put in "eyes" there where you can only read "eye?" "Every eye?" So there is a difference in "eyes" and "eye" in Scripture imo, maybe not iyo right now, but maybe consider it, i'm not sure how i could expand any more very easily here though.

Answer b would be i have no doubt that tomorrow will be different than today, yes, but here i would point out how all the ppl who say they believe like you are suggesting, they mostly all seem to be proclaiming The Sky is Falling out the other side of their mouths, why is that? What is the disconnect there?

i tell you they are proclaiming loud and clear to anyone with ears to hear!

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said or implied at least once that Jesus is YHWH. That in the incarnation he took on a fully human nature and has a fully divine nature. Which is now forever glorified. But Jesus did not have two personalities, a man's spirit and God's Spirit if that is what you think.

You stated Jesus is God many times. And that his body was prepared well before the incarnation.

I've never even hinted that Jesus had two personalities. He has to natures.

Once again I will state bluntly his flesh is 100% human and only human. His spirit is 100% second person of the Trinity and only second person of the Trinity. His body did not exist before the incarnation.

Jesus Christ only existed in promise before the incarnation.

Only his humanity has been glorified. His spirit has always been perfect.

I keep saying is clearly over and over and you keep trying to change what I say.

It still looks like you're saying God died on the cross and Jesus existed in the OT.

D

Dave L

You stated Jesus is God many times. And that his body was prepared well before the incarnation.

I've never even hinted that Jesus had two personalities. He has to natures.

Once again I will state bluntly his flesh is 100% human and only human. His spirit is 100% second person of the Trinity and only second person of the Trinity. His body did not exist before the incarnation.

Jesus Christ only existed in promise before the incarnation.

Only his humanity has been glorified. His spirit has always been perfect.

I keep saying is clearly over and over and you keep trying to change what I say.

It still looks like you're saying God died on the cross and Jesus existed in the OT.
You need to crack open a few standard theology books and study the doctrine of Christ. Then you will know how to ask the right questions.