OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) NET

“Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) ESV

“So I want to remind you, though you already know these things, that Jesus first rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, but later he destroyed those who did not remain faithful.” (Jude 5) NLT

“Now I want to remind you, although you know everything once and for all, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, the second time destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) LEB

“Ὑπομνῆσαι δὲ ὑμᾶς βούλομαι, εἰδότας ὑμᾶς ἅπαξ πάντα, ὅτι Ἰησοῦς λαὸν ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου σώσας τὸ δεύτερον τοὺς μὴ πιστεύσαντας ἀπώλεσεν,” (Jude 5) Greek NT SLB edition.

That's all I presently have access to. But the critical apparatus in NA 27 and 28 gives the same info.

The ESV is not a translation. Is an update of the 1971 edition of the Revised Standard Version. The KJV is considered more accurate.

The NSB, NET and LEB Are not translations, but paraphrases. Never heard of the SLB before.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this is flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom.

Not enter?

No, NOT inherit.
1 Cor 15:50

So you end up with Satan deceiving saints in glorified bodies who he causes to attack the rest of the saints in glorified bodies after the 1000 years end.

No. Saints shall have Gods SEAL.
It is the mortals, after 1,000 years that will be subject to Satan's deceits.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No clue what an AT is and no I do not need to "unlearn" what I believe.

Jesus comes, as a Son of man. The second time, just as the first, but the second time He comes WITH His power, unlike the first time. Mortal men can SEE Him. Immortal men see HIM as He is; the Lord Christ Jesus, God.

and to suggest a diff interp @ "flesh and blood cannot inherit," which is a dialectic statement

Quote me saying anything about flesh and blood "INHERITING" the Lords Kingdom.

You are starting to Sound like BOL, who says things people did not say.....then tells them what they should do about it.

pluck one eye out and you'll see it just fine ok

Oh good grief....See "IT" ? I was talking about Seeing the Lord.

the tribulation? ok, bam wait for that if you like,

Gee thanks. Of course I am waiting for it. It will occur at a secret day, known only to God.

but meanwhile imo reflect on "thief in the night" and "denying your birthright" in this context, ok. "THEN I shall SEE it" so you say, but the kingdom does not come by your observation, and obviously in your scenario one would be able to say "look, over here! here it is!" ok?

You have mixed ... days Before the tribulation, with days during the tribulation, and the 1,000 year reign.

They are three separate things.
And you do not understand the difference between the kingdom within and a physical kingdom.

Davids Throne (OFFICE) IS an everlasting THRONE.

Why do you think JESUS had to come to earth AS A MAN.....LEGALLY (according to mans Law) A JEW?

Jesus came to fulfill LAWS and prophecy....
NOT ONLY Gods Laws, Moses' Laws, but ALSO mans law. ONLY a JEW can be seated ON Davids THRONE as King of the Jews!

Jesus came forth OUT of a Jewish Woman's Womb....AND was recorded IN the Census, LEGAL documentation, AS A JEW.

He has satisfied the Law, that He is Qualified to Legally sit on Davids Throne! And WILL.

And BTW before you go off, that Davids Throne does not "physically" exist. Davids OFFCE (throne) as KING is an everlasting Office.....which Jesus will Assume.

All of the LAND, promised to Abraham and His Descendants, is the same LAND Jesus will INHERIT, since Jesus took upon Himself the "seed" of Abraham, and WHY Jesus is called, the son of Abrahams descendants....
Everyone who has the SEED of God is a son of Abraham.....thus heirs to the Land Promised Abraham.
A man on the earth, born of Gods Seed...
His earthy father is Abraham.
(A promise given Abraham)
His heavenly Father is God.

THAT will be Jesus' Kingdom, with His saints, while mortals occupy the rest of the Earth. And occupy land outside of His Kingdom. And Jesus' SEAT of Power, will be Jerusalem.

This is a deep subject, and no room to be but brief.

While you promote unlearning...I would suggest for you TO learn, then Ask for Understanding.

Glory to God.
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it,
and wadr it just gets worse below that

Body's come from the earth and return to the earth.

Souls come from God who is in Heaven, and return to Him (if they are saved).

While a soul is CALLED by the mans Name, same as his body is called.

ALL souls belong to God.

Spirit of men that have become born again, are from God in Heaven, and return to God in heaven...

Jesus' BODY came down from Heaven and returned to heaven.

You need to learn about LIFE and where it comes from and where it returns to.

The natural body has it's own life...BLOOD
The soul has life....Gods Breath
The quickened spirit has life....Gods Spirit.

Every part of a mans LIFE comes into Him at separate times, and departs from Him separately, and go to separate PLACES.
UNTIL all who are Faithful to God, are completely Restored and made anew.

Go learn what it means for a man to BE MADE WHOLE....because it has specifically to do
With ... the mans Body, Soul, and Spirit.
Every one of those things MUST BE MADE CHANGED, as acceptable to GOD...before the WHOLE of a man can forever BE with God.

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ESV is not a translation. Is an update of the 1971 edition of the Revised Standard Version. The KJV is considered more accurate.

The NSB, NET and LEB Are not translations, but paraphrases. Never heard of the SLB before.
Let me add for accuracy. There's no such thing as a perfect bible translation. Big or small, there's always some problem somewhere.

But, in Jude that 5 there's no way to change Lord to Jesus. Jesus did not exist except in promise pre-incarnation.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. JUpomnh'sai V-AAN de; CONJ uJma'? P-2AP bouvlomai, V-PNI-1S eijdovta? V-RAP-APM uJma'? P-2AP pavnta, A-APN o&ti CONJ ?oJ? T-NSM kuvrio? N-NSM a&pax lao;n N-ASM ejk PREP gh'? N-GSF Aijguvptou N-GSF swvsa? V-AAP-NSM to; T-NSN deuvteron A-NSN tou;? T-APM mh; PRT pisteuvsanta? V-AAP-APM ajpwvlesen, V-AAI-3S

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
2962 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
kuvrioß from kuros (supremacy)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Kurios 3:1039,486
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
koo'-ree-os Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
    1. the possessor and disposer of a thing
      1. the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
      2. in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
    2. is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
    3. this title is given to: God, the Messiah

D

Dave L

Not enter?

No, NOT inherit.
1 Cor 15:50

No. Saints shall have Gods SEAL.
It is the mortals, after 1,000 years that will be subject to Satan's deceits.

Glory to God,
Taken
Inherit = 57.131 κληρονομέωa: to receive something of considerable value which has not been earned—‘to receive, to be given, to gain possession of.’ μακάριοι οἱ πραεῖς, ὅτι αὐτοὶ κληρονομήσουσιν τὴν γῆν ‘happy are those who are gentle; they shall receive the land’ or ‘… what God promised’ Mt 5:5; μιμηταὶ δὲ τῶν διὰ πίστεως καὶ μακροθυμίας κληρονομούντων τὰς ἐπαγγελίας ‘but imitators of those who through faith and patience received what had been promised’ He 6:12.

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 572). New York: United Bible Societies.

D

Dave L

This is not true.

The KJV says the same if you do a little study.

kurios is the Greek word for Jehovah

“And God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord (kurios).” Exodus 6:2 (LES = Septuagint)

“God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the LORD [YHWH].” Exodus 6:2 (ESV)

“but Paul chose Silas and departed, having been commended by the brothers to the grace of the Lord.” Acts 15:40 (ESV)

“And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.” Acts 15:40 (KJV 1900)

So again we see God and Lord used interchangeably. Also in 2 Peter 2:1 and 2 Peter 2:11.

The Greek word kurios is equivalent to the Hebrew word Yahweh or Jehovah when speaking of Jesus. This is the divine name for God. Jesus Christ is designated as the Lord in many New Testament references. This is the consistent truth of Scripture - Jesus is Yahweh or Jehovah.

kurios = Jehovah in Exodus 6:2 in the LXX. Translated Lord 3,151 times in the NT as upper case Lord = Jehovah.

Nestle-Aland

“Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.” Jude 5 (ESV)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Quote me saying anything about flesh and blood "INHERITING" the Lords Kingdom.

You are starting to Sound like BOL, who says things people did not say.....then tells them what they should do about it.
all i said was that i would suggest a different interp of the v Taken, the "other than that commonly applied" is inferred
Oh good grief....See "IT" ? I was talking about Seeing the Lord.
yes i know with your two eyes right. It's not gonna happen, ok Thomas?
i mean i'm sorry, i wish it could happen too, but we are called to see Christ in a diff way ok
You'll see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up i guess, just like the Book says
Gee thanks. Of course I am waiting for it. It will occur at a secret day, known only to God.
will occur, is occurring, has occurred
They are three separate things.
they are not literal things Taken, gotta run ok, have a nice day
if you would like a response on any of the homily below that point lemme know,
and wadr i don't see a reply to

'"THEN I shall SEE it" so you say, but the kingdom does not come by your observation, and obviously in your scenario one would be able to say "look, over here! here it is!" ok?'
This is a deep subject, and no room to be but brief.
really just a meaningful response to the above was all i was looking for

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Kurios has several meanings, but the context determines the meaning. Jesus is YHWH.

D

Dave L

Why do you call Me good? No one is good but one, that is God
not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
Unless the Father reveals Christ's identity, people remain in the dark. Jesus is not saying he is not God in this passage. He questions the unbeliever as to why he would call him good, based on the little he knows.

D

Dave L

Only in your mind.
This is how it plays out in scripture. In the LXX Kurios = YHWH. SO the NT Church realized Jesus is YHWH in calling him Lord. The Greek language pros confirm this in their translations already provided.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Unless the Father reveals Christ's identity, people remain in the dark. Jesus is not saying he is not God in this passage. He questions the unbeliever as to why he would call him good, based on the little he knows.
i don't believe you Dave, but ty
if you want to play the oracle, i do have several Qs you could peruse though
again

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is how it plays out in scripture. In the LXX Kurios = YHWH. SO the NT Church realized Jesus is YHWH in calling him Lord. The Greek language pros confirm this in their translations already provided.
the ones that are also deceived might, yes, but you choose who to listen to Dave, and there are more Greek pros denying your pov than confirming it, looks like by about 5 to 1 or something? Ps whenever we read "lord" in English this does not automatically mean God or Jesus either

D

Dave L

the ones that are also deceived might, yes, but you choose who to listen to Dave, and there are more Greek pros denying your pov than confirming it, looks like by about 5 to 1 or something? Ps whenever we read "lord" in English this does not automatically mean God or Jesus either
People who have original language degrees and make a living translating the scriptures prove you wrong in this matter.