Parable of the Ten Virgins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! I wouldn't equate it to the level of being an apostle, if that's what you were concerned about : ) But in all seriousness, I do see it as a wonderful responsibility to teach youth, and train them for potentially devoting their lives to serving God.

What's that saying about the woman who only reached one soul for Christ, but that soul happened to be Billy Graham. :)

Probably about 5% come to Christ from preschools such as this I teach in. But look at the harvest. There are so many kids in that 5%. They need mentors to guide them to Christ and are the lights of the future. And they take a lot of my oil, I tell you. :D They keep me awake!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 20:20 KJV
[20] Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.

Outer darkness.
Tecarta Bible

which Father and Mother a man curseth and his lamp shall be put out ...in obscure darkness?

Acts 7:54 KJV
[54] When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Outer darkness. Gnashing......
Tecarta Bible

they gnashed on Him with their teeth...they gnashed on Paul with their teeth...He warned they will gnash their teeth on you in if they received not Me they will hate you as well.

Psalm 139:12 KJV
[12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Good news!!

Tecarta Bible

very good news. What does that verse do to hell being the outer darkness (future tense) where God cast people for eternal torment away from His presence. Right there ...even in the words of those claiming a future tense hell instead of gnashing of teeth and outer torment already .... “away from His presence” is outer darkness. Still good news though: Isaiah 45:2-3 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: [3] And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places,(of hearts)that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which Father and Mother a man curseth and his lamp shall be put out ...in obscure darkness?

they gnashed on Him with their teeth...they gnashed on Paul with their teeth...He warned they will gnash their teeth on you in if they received not Me they will hate you as well.

very good news. What does that verse do to hell being the outer darkness (future tense) where God cast people for eternal torment away from His presence. Right there ...even in the words of those claiming a future tense hell instead of gnashing of teeth and outer torment already .... “away from His presence” is outer darkness. Still good news though: Isaiah 45:2-3 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: [3] And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places,(of hearts)that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
Awesome, this separation of goats and sheep is not groupings of people, it’s rather what is taking place in individuals. The sheep in the parable said when did we do these things?

We have to remember we as Christ are lead to the slaughter, like sheep.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8:32-33 KJV
[32] The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: [33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't feel pressured to
Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

There is a connection. they that be wise shall ...shine bright as the firmament of Heaven...they who turn many ‘to righteousness‘ as stars ...Which wise turns many to righteousness? Which wise shines? The wisdom of men or that wisdom which descends from above? James 3:15-18 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. [16] For where envying and strife is, there is confusion (God is not the author of confusion)and every evil work. [17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
^ turning many to righteousness...1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

LET him become “a fool” ...we are weak...He is strong. We are the fool...He is the Wisdom from above which rests on that which is least. 2 Corinthians 12:11-12 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. [12] Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

Again, who was He presenting the parable to? Who was going into outer darkness away from the true riches and wealth of hearing God? Matthew 24:49-51And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; [50] The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, [51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Remember: 1 Corinthians 11:20-21
[20] When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. [21] For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

He gives to the hungry. And in the parable He is going to the cross and pouring the ministration of the Spirit out on the poor in Spirit who have not.
those in the parable (that stood before him professing theirselves wise but not loving in deed nor sharing or giving their oil to that which was least among them) are going out in to the outer darkness and the fools (as the world sees them) wisdom descends from above in the giving of the Spirit of GOD upon that which is weak and least so there is no dispute it is wrought of God.

1 Corinthians 3:19-20 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. [20] And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

1 Corinthians 2:2-8 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. [3] And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. [4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: [5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. [6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: [7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: [8] Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The princes of this world Are ‘The who’ the parable was spoken to and their wisdom was about to come to nothing. empty. Void. Vanity. Had they known the wisdom which descends from above ....they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Reactions: Giuliano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tecarta Bible[/QUOTE]
Awesome, this separation of goats and sheep is not groupings of people, it’s rather what is taking place in individuals. The sheep in the parable said when did we do these things?

Like a dumb Lamb. Had they known they would not have crucified Him.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

heard a song the other day “and the Last gets a crown”. Consider the incorruptible crown of Life given to that which is Last. 1 Corinthians 15:46
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1 Corinthians 15:48-49 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. [49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

the image of the heavenly ...that which is born last gets the incorruptible crown of Life. As the Last Adam...Christ born from above gets the incorruptible crown, not that man which was first and natural...but that which is Spirit and Life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heard a song the other day “and the Last gets a crown”. Consider the incorruptible crown of Life given to that which is Last. 1 Corinthians 15:46
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1 Corinthians 15:48-49 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. [49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

the image of the heavenly ...that which is born last gets the incorruptible crown of Life. As the Last Adam...Christ born from above gets the incorruptible crown, not that man which was first and natural...but that which is Spirit and Life.
The goat is the price of the field.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The goat is the price of the field.

The goats are the price of the world. The world is the field. The field (world) that when a man finds treasure ...for joy...he hides it...and goes and sells all that he owns to buy the (world)field. —not just the treasure hidden in the world BUT the field it is hidden in. Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy (Of that which is hidden in the field)that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
^it all belongs to Him. He purchased the field (world)then said “follow Me.”

Proverbs 27:24-27
[24] For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation? [25] The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered. [26] The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field. [27] And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Does the crown endure to every generation? the incorruptible crown of Life endures.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s the way I perceive this parable, everyone wants to see as God separating groups of individuals.... not what I see at all.
If God was not separating groups of individuals then all ten virgins would have entered into the Kingdom of God.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God was not separating groups of individuals then all ten virgins would have entered into the Kingdom of God.

This is why I am thinking HiddeninHim is correct in his interpretation of the parable of the 10 virgins being about leadership. Because I believe the sheep and the goats are for everyone else, because of the context.

All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
Matthew 25:32‭-‬33 NASB

While with the wise and foolish virgins, it was only talking about a select few.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response.
About this, I'm not pre-trib. I'm post-trip pre-wrath.

Sorry, I didn't know Tim LaHaye's pre-trib rapture usage of the "left behind" phrase also applied to post-trib-pre-wrath.

OOPS! I may have miswrote something. Thanks for the heads up : )

No problem.

Ummm... reading into the parable a little too much I would say.

Not at all. If you had actually studied the 2 Corinthians 11:2 "chaste virgin" being espoused to "one Husband" subject, which Apostle Paul taught from the Old Testament prophets, you would have understood why our Lord Jesus used the virgin metaphor in this parable. In Isaiah 54 God said He is our Husband. The idea of God espousing His faithful occurs in several OT Scriptures (Hosea 2:19; Isaiah 54; Jeremiah 31:32; Isaiah 62:5). Paul uses the metaphor also in Romans 7:4, Ephesians 5:25, and of course in 2 Corinthians 11. In Luke 23:27-30, our Lord Jesus quoted the Isaiah 54 "Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck" to the "Daughters of Jerusalem" that were weeping for Him when He carried His cross to be crucified. I've tried to explain this Biblical metaphor to brethren here, but I can tell they are very weak in OT Bible study and aren't familiar with it, but will claim I just made it up too, like you have.

If you had been familiar with that idea, you possibly would not have left out the fact that Jesus showed the five wise virgins ALSO had a spare vessel of the Oil, to go with the Oil that was in their lamps.

Matt 25:4
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
KJV

So the real reason the five foolish virgins didn't go in with Jesus was because they didn't have that spare vessel of the Oil like the five wise had. It doesn't point to some "burn out" on their part because of dark times. It points to something else they will have done because they lacked the spare Oil. And for that cause they were deceived, and thus rejected by our Lord Jesus, because the idea of remaining a chaste 'virgin' waiting for Him, is... a huge... part of the ten virgins parable.

And just 'who' would deceive them at the end just prior to Christ's return?

Last edited: