Partial preterisim in Revelation Chapter by chapter part 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When has God ever wanted to rule with a rod of iron?

Have you never read this?

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Fun fact, "shall rule" is written in the future tense so will happen AFTER Armageddon is over and Armageddon is AFTER the second coming. One of many Premill proof texts.

God has always given free will

It only proves that God isn’t reigning in the way you think that He will that was talking about Gods judgment not reigning

Wrong.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus destroys with a rod of iron at his second coming

He uses a symbolic sword actually at Armageddon but he uses a rod of iron peacefully AFTER the coming and Armageddon in the peaceful shepherding rule over the nations.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He uses a symbolic sword actually at Armageddon but he uses a rod of iron peacefully AFTER the coming and Armageddon in the peaceful shepherding rule over the nations.
"Your Claim Is False"

Problem is the many's interpretation of "Rod Of Iron"?

Many falsely believe and teach its some sort of (Rulers Scepter) "Wrong"!

A "Rod Of Iron" is a "Tool Of Destruction" that a Potter destroys clay vessels with

Jesus returns and destroy's the wicked like a Potter destroy's his vessels with a "Rod Of Iron" its that simple

Sad part is, many have been clearly shown this truth several times, and they continue to teach error

The "Rod Of Iron" is a "Tool Of Destruction" not a "Kings Scepter" as many falsely believe and teach

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Your Claim Is False"

Problem is the many's interpretation of "Rod Of Iron"?

Many falsely believe and teach its some sort of (Rulers Scepter) "Wrong"!

A "Rod Of Iron" is a "Tool Of Destruction" that a Potter destroys clay vessels with

Jesus returns and destroy's the wicked like a Potter destroy's his vessels with a "Rod Of Iron" its that simple

Sad part is, many have been clearly shown this truth several times, and they continue to teach error

The "Rod Of Iron" is a "Tool Of Destruction" not a "Kings Scepter" as many falsely believe and teach

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
So does He also murder women and children, like the genocide
He ordered all throughout the Old Testament?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does He also murder women and children, like the genocide
He ordered all throughout the Old Testament?
Was the entire world covered in water, and the total world population died saving those on the Ark?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, what if the angels with the seven vials weren’t actually angels?
What if you aren't real? What if,...... what if,......... what if........ . You obviously are not here to learn or help others in God's Word, but are here to make mockeries of God's Word. May God rebuke you.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you aren't real? What if,...... what if,......... what if........ . You obviously are not here to learn or help others in God's Word, but are here to make mockeries of God's Word. May God rebuke you.
I assume you are here to teach? Why is it so few agree with or even wish to hear anything you have to contribute. It could possibly be your arrogance, or you myopic views?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume you are here to teach? Why is it so few agree with or even wish to hear anything you have to contribute. It could possibly be your arrogance, or you myopic views?
I don't care what you think of me. It's easy with folks like you to know you're not here to edify the brethren, but only create chaos with your wild un-Scriptural thinking.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care what you think of me. It's easy with folks like you to know you're not here to edify the brethren, but only create chaos with your wild un-Scriptural thinking.
You mean unorthodox, because isn’t it a true statement that if I don’t follow your murdering god narrative, then I’m just simply wrong.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t care what I think of you. Well they you go, we have something in common. I don’t care what you think of you either.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are doing a terrible job because the enemy is killing children and Christians and all sorts of wickedness abound. *the worst rulers ever!*
What a ridiculous post. How many people were saved during Old Testament times compared to New Testament times? Far fewer, right? Not just in total number but as a percentage of people in the world far fewer were saved in OT times compared to NT times. Why do you suppose that is?

Do you not accept what scripture teaches which is that Christ has been reigning since His resurrection from the dead?

Ephesians 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Paul taught that after Christ was resurrected from the dead, God the Father "seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked...in the present age" and He "placed all things under his feet". So, would you try to say that Jesus has been doing a terrible job of reigning since His resurrection?

You clearly have no understanding of the nature of Christ's reign and of us reigning with Him if you think we're doing a terrible job. Maybe you don't believe there is free will during the thousand years and that's why you think things are supposed to be perfect during the thousand years? But, what do you make of Zechariah 14:16-21? Don't you believe that describes things that occur during the thousand years as most premils do? If so, doesn't that passage imply that some would disobey during that time and be punished for it?

Reactions: covenantee

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that the NT Church was "doing a terrible job because the enemy is killing children and Christians and all sorts of wickedness abound. *the worst rulers ever!*"?

Within three decades, despite overwhelming suffering, persecution, and tribulation, the NT Church had spread the Gospel to the entire known world. Romans 1:8;16:26 Colossians 1:6,23

But it was obviously "doing a terrible job because the enemy is killing children and Christians and all sorts of wickedness abound. *the worst rulers ever!*"

Such is modernist premil/dispen carnalized foolishness, fantasy, and fallacy.
Exactly. That was an incredibly foolish thing for him to say and shows his lack of understanding of all that has been accomplished during the NT era which has been far beyond what was accomplished in the OT era.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Amill Millennium is a disaster, a failure of a "rule". Not so in the Premill/biblical Millennium

Mine is what reigning actually means. The Amill version of reigning is not reigning in any meaningful or measurable sense (imaginary reigning).
This is just foolish talk. Is the salvation of multitudes of people in the NT era a failure in your mind?

I'm not. You are. They expected the Messiah to reign RIGHT THEN. He didn't. Amill thinks Jesus is also reigning RIGHT NOW. He isn't.
More foolish talk. This is just a blatant disregard of straightforward scripture.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never read this?

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Fun fact, "shall rule" is written in the future tense so will happen AFTER Armageddon is over and Armageddon is AFTER the second coming. One of many Premill proof texts.
It was future tense from the time that was written long ago. Him smiting the nations (heathen) and treading the winepress of God's wrath was future tense as well because it was talking about something that would happen in the future, which is that Jesus will destroy all of His enemies when He returns. You are butchering that text because of your extreme doctrinal bias. You ignore the parts of the verse that talk about Him destroying the ones who you say He will supposedly rule over. You are ignoring the context of the verse.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can He peacefully shepherd the ones that He has just killed, which is symbolically described as Him slaying them with His symbolic sword? You're not even thinking here. He's not going to rule over people He has just killed.

Also, you ignore that OT prophecy that His ruling with a rod of iron is based on. It paints a picture of destruction, not peaceful shepherding.

Psalm 2:7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. 8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

You're taking everything out of context and you're not interpreting scripture with scripture. Your approach to interpreting scripture is very biased and is just a terrible approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t care what I think of you. Well they you go, we have something in common. I don’t care what you think of you either.
Again, you show a reading comprehension problem, and making false assumptions.

I DO... care what you think about God's written Word. Otherwise I wouldn't take time out of my busy life to try and correct your understanding in the Scriptures. And that also means I can take any mocking at me that you dish out in trying to counter my trying to help in the Scriptures.

God's Word as written 'straight up' is NOT popular.

And I have never cared about winning any popularity contests. Popularity is NOT an accurate test for the Truth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you show a reading comprehension problem, and making false assumptions.

I DO... care what you think about God's written Word. Otherwise I wouldn't take time out of my busy life to try and correct your understanding in the Scriptures. And that also means I can take any mocking at me that you dish out in trying to counter my trying to help in the Scriptures.

God's Word as written 'straight up' is NOT popular.

And I have never cared about winning any popularity contests. Popularity is NOT an accurate test for the Truth.
Your only response is more arrogance and religious posturing. Why am I surprised.