Partial preterisim in Revelation Chapter by chapter part 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to the god that said thou shall not kill?
Do you not believe that God killed people with a flood?

As for the command "thou shalt not kill", did God give Himself that command? No. If God kills someone He has the right to do that since He is God. It's up to Him if someone should die or not and not up to us. That is why murder is a sin for us, not for God.

So, what is the point of your question? And why are you putting God in lowercase?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not believe that God killed people with a flood?

As for the command "thou shalt not kill", did God give Himself that command? No. If God kills someone He has the right to do that since He is God. It's up to Him if someone should die or not and not up to us. That is why murder is a sin for us, not for God.

So, what is the point of your question? And why are you putting God in lowercase?
I question Moses interpretation of what God showed him. I don’t question Jesus, Jesus said the volume of the book was written of him, and that his Father was a spirit and love.

Reactions: Mr E

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I question Moses interpretation of what God showed him.
This is very disturbing. You do not believe that Moses was inspired by God when writing scripture?

I don’t question Jesus, Jesus said the volume of the book was written of him, and that his Father was a spirit and love.
Jesus would tell you to trust Moses' interpretation of what God showed him.

John 5:45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very disturbing. You do not believe that Moses was inspired by God when writing scripture?

Jesus would tell you to trust Moses' interpretation of what God showed him.

John 5:45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”
Well that’s interesting, Moses is their accuser.

Revelation 12:10 KJV
[10] And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Moses was an Egyptian, God doesn’t write on stones, He writes on the fleshly tables of the heart.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[10] And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Moses was an Egyptian, God doesn’t write on stones, He writes on the fleshly tables of the heart.
I have no idea what your point is here. You didn't answer my question. Do you believe that Moses was inspired by God when he wrote scripture? I'm wondering why it is that you don't accept what the Bible teaches about the flood in Noah's day?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your only response is more arrogance and religious posturing. Why am I surprised.
It's not arrogance; it is BOLDNESS IN THE WORLD OF GOD. God doesn't like it when people slander His written Word with doctrines of men! Nor do I, so if the shoe fits, wear it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Moses was a Levite by birth. He was the son of Amram (a descendant of Levi). His mother and sister Miriam put him in a basket and floated him down the Nile river where he was found by Pharaoh's wife.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also, the 10 Commandments God gave Moses on Mt.Sinai were written by God's own finger on tablets of stone.
Exodus 32 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
¹⁶ And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
“And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.”
— Exodus 31:18 (KJV)

Reactions: Johann

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the 10 Commandments God gave Moses on Mt.Sinai were written by God's own finger on tablets of stone.
Exodus 32 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
¹⁶ And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
“And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.”
— Exodus 31:18 (KJV)
God has fingers?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:24 KJV
[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Luke 24:39 KJV
[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what your point is here. You didn't answer my question. Do you believe that Moses was inspired by God when he wrote scripture? I'm wondering why it is that you don't accept what the Bible teaches about the flood in Noah's day?
Absolutely I believe Moses was inspired by God.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no irony there. You apparently have trouble understanding the context of scripture. The tablets were not graven images in the context of what that commandment is about. The commandment has to do with making graven images that are then worshiped. No one worshiped those tablets that the ten commandments were written on.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:24 KJV
[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Luke 24:39 KJV
[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Who says God's finger is made of flesh and bone? You assume that is what scripture intended to mean. I have never considered God's finger to be made of flesh and bone.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no irony there. You apparently have trouble understanding the context of scripture. The tablets were not graven images in the context of what that commandment is about. The commandment has to do with making graven images that are then worshiped. No one worshiped those tablets that the ten commandments were written on.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Are you kidding me, you don’t see how these graven tablets have been served for millennia?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you kidding me, you don’t see how these graven tablets have been served for millennia?

Graven words are not graven images are they? Why are you trying to make them the same?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not kidding you. I'm talking about the original tablets themselves. They were not graven images that people worshiped. Period. This is not hard to understand. You're making things up out of the blue for whatever reason. You shouldn't do that.

Your apparent low opinion of Moses concerns me. What other scripture is there that you have doubts about besides what Moses wrote?