Passover vs Eucharist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, your first comment was satan had faith
I responded with this

You followed this by sayIng g it does not matter if satan had faith he sinned or not, scripture said he sinned (Destroying your own theory)

you then went on cutting my post and making accusations which were not true

I know this,

some people close to you need to show you how you messed up here, and I pray you realize your mistake. Maybe it was an accident? Either way, yes you are dishonest.

once again good day
You made Two separate observations when you used the word AND!! I dealt with BOTH. Scripture specifically says he sinned. Scripture also says he was judged and the result of that judgement was being cast out of heaven.

Soooo once again it does not matter what he (or you) think. It only matters what scripture says

I am having a great day....how about you EG?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Posting this here instead of the Saints thread.

@Behold you should give it a shot and take communion like the Catholics do. There is something very special about the way Catholics have the Eucharist, the manner they take it in, you can tell that they really see the great importance and what Jesus did for us on the cross for our sins. The presence is definitely in the Eucharist/Communion and it's not something that should be taken lightly.

@Eternally Grateful
I was going to get back to you, in the Bible they took the Eucharist/communion during the feast, but the cup and the bread were specifically mentioned, pointed out, almost highlighted, to show the importance of what Jesus did for us on the cross.

I will post a bit more on this.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ presence is in the Holy Eucharist much more powerful than a lamb's blood. Let's make a deal, I won't hate on you evangelicals and you stop hating on us who choose to go by Scripture.
Correction: stop hating on those who choose to go by their interpretation of scripture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Behold you should give it a shot and take communion like the Catholics do. There is something very special about the way Catholics have the Eucharist, the manner they take it in, you can tell that they really see the great importance and what Jesus did for us on the cross for our sins. The presence is definitely in the Eucharist/Communion and it's not something that should be taken lightly.

@Eternally Grateful
I was going to get back to you, in the Bible they took the Eucharist/communion during the feast, but the cup and the bread were specifically mentioned, pointed out, almost highlighted, to show the importance of what Jesus did for us on the cross.

I will post a bit more on this.
Yes, they took communion if we look at acts 2:42 I believe we see they took it often, or every time they met, they took it with dinner

I do not disagree with you here other than I do not see it as the Eucharist, they took in in obedience of Jesus, do this often on remembrance,

and thank you for getting back. I look forward to our discussion

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

@Behold you should give it a shot and take communion like the Catholics do. There is something very special about the way Catholics have the Eucharist,.

I appreciate the Honor the CC gives to the communion.
But they take it to an extreme by making it "the literal"..
That is a man made doctrine, that harms the truth regarding the communion, by giving it too much authority.
The communion, according to Jesus, is a "remembrance".
If it was literal, then Jesus could have stayed off the Cross, and just said...."just eat this, its really me".
But He didnt. INstead He actually hung on the Cross LITERALLY, and gave us the communion to recognize and remember..

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I appreciate the Honor the CC gives to the communion.
But they take it to an extreme by making it "the literal"..
That is a man made doctrine, that harms the truth regarding the communion, by giving it too much authority.
The communion, according to Jesus, is a "remembrance".
If it was literal, then Jesus could have stayed off the Cross, and just said...."just eat this, its really me".
But He didnt. INstead He actually hung on the Cross LITERALLY, and gave us the communion to recognize and remember..

Matthew 26:26-28

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them and said, “Take, eat; this is My body. Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luke 22:19‭-‬20 NKJV

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

@Behold

As Christians we should believe in the "supernatural." The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was one of the greatest supernatural events in history. The supernatural is still happening on planet earth this day.

When we take the Eucharist/communion whatever you call it we are remembering the greatest supernatural event.

There has even been reports of "Eucharist miracles" of the bread (body) turning into flesh and blood.

When we take the Eucharist/communion in remembrance of Christ, when we take it in the manner that we are taking the body and the blood of Christ, it is powerful.

It's time for all Christian folks to get back up into the supernatural, we are Christians, we are living temples with the Holy Spirit in us, the Holy Spirit is supernatural, Jesus is supernatural, the Father is supernatural, what Jesus Christ went through here on earth, the way Jesus walked on planet earth without sin, the way He endured the suffering in the cross, the way he shed blood for us and cleansed us of our sins, the way he became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, it was supernatural how He went through it all, the resurrection was a supernatural event.

Now let me ask you is the Eucharist/communion natural or supernatural?

People have been touched by the Holy Spirit just by taking the Eucharist/communion. It is powerful! It is a powerful moment, it is a powerful event that we are remembering.

Reactions: Philip James

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Eternally Grateful

How does the passover relate to the Eucharist?

Well Jesus Christ is the "Lamb of God", He is our New Testament Passover Lamb, what should cover the doorposts and window frames of our lives? Jesus's blood.

When we partake in the Eucharist/Communion, we remember what the Lamb of God did.

And you can also read post #446.

Praise the Lord. :D

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

People have been touched by the Holy Spirit just by taking the Eucharist/communion. It is powerful! It is a powerful moment, it is a powerful event that we are remembering.

Here is the issue with your understanding of "supernatural" as related to the Communion.
You have not been taught by God or by the New Testament that a "Priest' has the "magic power" to turn the cookie and the juice into God Himself., as Christ is God.
See the issue?
God has not stated in His word that a Catholic Priest has been given a 'supernatural" magic power to channel God Himself, into a cookie and some juice.
You have been taught to believe this by people who invented this idea, themselves.

Also, its not the cookie and the juice that is the "mystical" part of the communion, its the taking of it, or rather the partaking of it..
Real believers are remembering the Holy One as their sacrifice, when they partake, while a Catholic thinks the mystical aspect of communion is a cookie made in China, and some juice or wine that is made, wherever.

Taking communion is a good thing.
Misrepresenting it as the CC does, is not a good thing.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is the issue with your understanding of "supernatural" as related to the Communion.
You have not been taught by God or by the New Testament that a "Priest' has the "magic power" to turn the cookie and the juice into God Himself., as Christ is God.
See the issue?
God has not stated in His word that a Catholic Priest has been given a 'supernatural" magic power to channel God Himself, into a cookie and some juice.
You have been taught to believe this by people who invented this idea, themselves.

Also, its not the cookie and the juice that is the "mystical" part of the communion, its the taking of it, or rather the partaking of it..
Real believers are remembering the Holy One as their sacrifice, when they partake, while a Catholic thinks the mystical aspect of communion is a cookie made in China, and some juice or wine that is made, wherever.

Taking communion is a good thing.
Misrepresenting it as the CC does, is not a good thing.

Well God can work supernaturally through people.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well God can work supernaturally through people.

Believers are all Vessels that God flows through...... if possible.
Even a prayer answered is God stepping into a situation to correct it Himself, in response to a Prayer of Faith.
Where God's miraculous is not related to people is found in Nature.
Look around... God is working the miraculous all around us in Nature.

Reactions: Josho

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 26:26-28

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them and said, “Take, eat; this is My body. Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luke 22:19‭-‬20 NKJV

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

@Behold

As Christians we should believe in the "supernatural." The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was one of the greatest supernatural events in history. The supernatural is still happening on planet earth this day.

When we take the Eucharist/communion whatever you call it we are remembering the greatest supernatural event.

There has even been reports of "Eucharist miracles" of the bread (body) turning into flesh and blood.

When we take the Eucharist/communion in remembrance of Christ, when we take it in the manner that we are taking the body and the blood of Christ, it is powerful.

It's time for all Christian folks to get back up into the supernatural, we are Christians, we are living temples with the Holy Spirit in us, the Holy Spirit is supernatural, Jesus is supernatural, the Father is supernatural, what Jesus Christ went through here on earth, the way Jesus walked on planet earth without sin, the way He endured the suffering in the cross, the way he shed blood for us and cleansed us of our sins, the way he became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, it was supernatural how He went through it all, the resurrection was a supernatural event.

I agree communion is the continuation of the Passover. It is a meal If remembrance the church Did often

my question is. If the communion is the literal flesh and blood. Why does it appear it does not give what Jesus promised in John 6?
John 6 do not seek for food which perishes but food which endures to eternal life

John 6:35 (NKJV): And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

John 6:40 (NKJV): this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47–50 (NKJV): he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.

John 6:54–58 (NKJV): Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ presence is in the Holy Eucharist much more powerful than a lamb's blood. Let's make a deal, I won't hate on you evangelicals and you stop hating on us who choose to go by Scripture.
This is kind of rude

I have a better way to say it

you should have said it like this

“let’s make a deal, I won’t hate on you people who see the communion as ceremony of rememberance, if you stop hating on us who believe the real presence is in the Eucharist”

the “us who go by scripture” is uncalled for, could be deemed as a character attack “you do not know scripture is attacking ones character when it comes to knowledge of Gods word and his religion). And is also an argument that can be used against you also. So is a mute point

Reactions: marksman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree communion is the continuation of the Passover. It is a meal If remembrance the church Did often

my question is. If the communion is the literal flesh and blood. Why does it appear it does not give what Jesus promised in John 6?
John 6 do not seek for food which perishes but food which endures to eternal life

John 6:35 (NKJV): And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

John 6:40 (NKJV): this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47–50 (NKJV): he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.

John 6:54–58 (NKJV): Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
Luke 22 shows that the passover looks forward to the finished sacrifice, the Lord's Supper looks back; there is this fundamental distinction.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22 shows that the passover looks forward to the finished sacrifice, the Lord's Supper looks back; there is this fundamental distinction.
Amen

it still does not answer John 6 though, is John 6 the lords supper, or what the lords supper represents?