Pastor MacArthur and his Church lost to Satan today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think God sends plagues on His servants to save them from worse things? Maybe we should be prepared for worse things if that means we could be witnesses.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
The great tribulation is by no means common, but will be common to all that are alive at the time of it. I don't believe in any pretribulation rapture, but we do have this one verse:
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Revelation 3:10
If there is no hidden rapture doctrine, how will God keep some from "the hour of trial?" It seems obvious to me, but certainly not obvious to everyone .
19 Your dead shall live;
Together with my dead body they shall arise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;
For your dew is like the dew of herbs,
And the earth shall cast out the dead. 20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past. 21 For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain. Isaiah 26:19-21
Some people are not equipped to have their faith survive the kind of destruction and loss that will come prior to and during the reign of the Antichrist.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing at all peaceful about dying with COVID, it is one of the most horrific and terrifying way to die. That from Doctors and nurses taking care of the dying QUOTE].

If given a choice, I'd rather have a rock the size of a mountain land on my house, but death by asphyxiation caused by respiratory disease is relatively common and happens quite frequently in nursing homes from infections like pneumonia. The doctors you mention obviously haven't done much geriatric medical practice.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If given a choice, I'd rather have a rock the size of a mountain land on my house, but death by asphyxiation caused by respiratory disease is relatively common and happens quite frequently in nursing homes from infections like pneumonia. The doctors you mention obviously haven't done much geriatric medical practice.

Dude or dudette, this is nothing like you have ever experience. There is nothing nice about it but go get COVID and let me know how dying is. Because your attitude is pretty insulting

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude or dudette, this is nothing like you have ever experience. There is nothing nice about it but go get COVID and let me know how dying is. Because your attitude is pretty insulting
Nonsense, my x wife had it and has recovered for the most part. She's 65 and experienced flu like symptoms and intermittent loss of her sense of taste. I know personally of 3 fatalities, all over the age of 70, and the vast majority of fatalities nationwide were because of complications with other pre-existing conditions. This isn't the black plague, it's a SARS outbreak, and it's possible that I've already had the virus, having experienced several of the common symptoms for as much as two or three days on at least two separate occasions since February.
It's currently estimated that 35% of the people that have contracted the virus are asymptomatic. They show no symptoms and suffer no readily apparent effects. Given the high communicability of the virus, complete testing of the population would likely show even higher rates of asymptomatic cases, but that's unlikely to happen. The cumulative statistics for new cases in the U.S. Started trending downward at about mid July and if the trend persists we should start seeing days with zero new cases in the U.S. Around the end of October or early November. This is what the Lord showed me and I shared publicly, so I'm not surprised at the trends.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
The great tribulation is by no means common, but will be common to all that are alive at the time of it. I don't believe in any pretribulation rapture, but we do have this one verse:
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Revelation 3:10
If there is no hidden rapture doctrine, how will God keep some from "the hour of trial?" It seems obvious to me, but certainly not obvious to everyone .
19 Your dead shall live;
Together with my dead body they shall arise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;
For your dew is like the dew of herbs,
And the earth shall cast out the dead. 20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past. 21 For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain.
Isaiah 26:19-21
Some people are not equipped to have their faith survive the kind of destruction and loss that will come prior to and during the reign of the Antichrist.
If you want to believe God will send a plague to kill Christians, I don't think there is much I could say to change your mind.

Reactions: Helen

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Michael,

Yes, I think this may be so.

Isaiah 57
1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Much love!

@Giuliano
Isaiah likely had Josiah among others in mind. Do you think Trump and Pence will catch the virus and die from it?

Do you think we should try to catch it to avoid a coming tribulation?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah likely had Josiah among others in mind. Do you think Trump and Pence will catch the virus and die from it?

Trump does seem invulnerable, just saying.... :D

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to believe God will send a plague to kill Christians, I don't think there is much I could say to change your mind.
God isn't just sending a plague, but also wars and famine. If you want to believe that He would force the weak, women, children, the impaired, the despondent and the heart broken to suffer the trials to come, then it's unlikely that I'll be able to change your mind. However, that's not my job.
If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid? "If there is calamity in a city, will not the Lord have done it? Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:6-7

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump does seem invulnerable, just saying.... :D
Do you think? He said he thought God was testing him. While I believe an angel tried to tell him something, I think he may have heard it wrong. I think he may have heard something like this:

Daniel 5:27 Tekel; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

His mind is deteriorating. It was quite sharp back in 2016. It's been going downhill ever since. I was listening to him the other day, and he was talking about the "herd mentality" taking care of Covid-19. Of course, he meant "herd immunity," but that was another sign of his mind's deteriorating to me. I also think he got it wrong -- herd immunity is not a sure thing to fix Covid-19, not when some people get it more than once. Some people found it amusing -- I think it's very troubling.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God isn't just sending a plague, but also wars and famine. If you want to believe that He would force the weak, women, children, the impaired, the despondent and the heart broken to suffer the trials to come, then it's unlikely that I'll be able to change your mind. However, that's not my job.
If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid? "If there is calamity in a city, will not the Lord have done it? Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:6-7
Amos 3? That's about punishing sinners, not sending a plague on the saints.

Amos 3:1 Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

I notice you have ignored the passage from Revelation which says God's servants will be beheaded. We also have this:

Romans 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but if all groups are barred from meeting due to health reasons (Covid-19) they can stop the church as well. they can meet outside, meet in small groups, and other methods. We are called to obey govt. authorities (except if they violate the word). They are not doing well. God is on the throne and in control. I think they need to humble themselves a bit and not be so defiant.

I agree with you.
Actually, churches here are encouraged to hold outdoor services. I think it's wise while the virus is still widespread.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think? He said he thought God was testing him. While I believe an angel tried to tell him something, I think he may have heard it wrong. I think he may have heard something like this:

Daniel 5:27 Tekel; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

His mind is deteriorating. It was quite sharp back in 2016. It's been going downhill ever since. I was listening to him the other day, and he was talking about the "herd mentality" taking care of Covid-19. Of course, he meant "herd immunity," but that was another sign of his mind's deteriorating to me. I also think he got it wrong -- herd immunity is not a sure thing to fix Covid-19, not when some people get it more than once. Some people found it amusing -- I think it's very troubling.

I think there is a problem with herd immunity though, if the whole world tries to use it to fight a global pandemic, it would cost 10 of millions of lives I reckon.

Some people say "oh, it's mainly the old people dying" well a lot of those old people are parents of others, and for some it may be the only close friends that they have.

And

Some young people have been severely effected from covid-19 too, a few have even died.

I more meant Trump seems to be invulnerable to Covid-19.

Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm trying to stay alive as long as I can so I can care for my wife, who needs me. And secondary to that, I want to remain in this world as long as I can be bearing fruit, may that be so!

I expect I had it early March, a momentary shortness of breath, a short dry hack 3 times or so, unusual headache and flushed feel for 2 weeks. But nothing that jumped out and said, yeah, that's it. Halfway through the 2nd week my sense of smell vanished. I think it was late April I learned about that. Coffee has never been the same! :(

Given the long lasting effects among many survivors, and the effects of the blood clots, no, I'm not recommending anyone get this. We are in the hands of God, not our own.

We pray for Trump and Pence all the time! May God protect them from every attack!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is a problem with herd immunity though, if the whole world tries to use it to fight a global pandemic, it would cost 10 of millions of lives I reckon.

Some people say "oh, it's mainly the old people dying" well a lot of those old people are parents of others, and for some it may be the only close friends that they have.

And

Some young people have been severely effected from covid-19 too, a few have even died.

We don't truly know who are most vulnerable to covid. Sure, the old, the ill, but not just them, the young and healthy too. And given the massive range of after effects, some debilitating, I'm into buying time by distancing and everything to let the doctors and scientists figure out something we can do, if there is something!

Trump seems to be as teflon as Reagan! Maybe a lot more so considering how much more bombastic Trump is.

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to stay alive as long as I can so I can care for my wife, who needs me. And secondary to that, I want to remain in this world as long as I can be bearing fruit, may that be so!
So why would you think maybe God intended to send a plague to kill Christians?

I expect I had it early March, a momentary shortness of breath, a short dry hack 3 times or so, unusual headache and flushed feel for 2 weeks. But nothing that jumped out and said, yeah, that's it. Halfway through the 2nd week my sense of smell vanished. I think it was late April I learned about that. Coffee has never been the same! :(

Given the long lasting effects among many survivors, and the effects of the blood clots, no, I'm not recommending anyone get this. We are in the hands of God, not our own.

We pray for Trump and Pence all the time! May God protect them from every attack!
You think Trump and Pence may not die since they are not righteous or merciful enough to be killed by the virus?

Isaiah 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you.
Actually, churches here are encouraged to hold outdoor services. I think it's wise while the virus is still widespread.

If they outlawed believers from any kind of gathering, that is another matter. but as all groups are banned in whatever measure, we should be a good example!

Reactions: Debp and Helen

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense, my x wife had it and has recovered for the most part. She's 65 and experienced flu like symptoms and intermittent loss of her sense of taste. I know personally of 3 fatalities, all over the age of 70, and the vast majority of fatalities nationwide were because of complications with other pre-existing conditions. This isn't the black plague, it's a SARS outbreak, and it's possible that I've already had the virus, having experienced several of the common symptoms for as much as two or three days on at least two separate occasions since February.
It's currently estimated that 35% of the people that have contracted the virus are asymptomatic. They show no symptoms and suffer no readily apparent effects. Given the high communicability of the virus, complete testing of the population would likely show even higher rates of asymptomatic cases, but that's unlikely to happen. The cumulative statistics for new cases in the U.S. Started trending downward at about mid July and if the trend persists we should start seeing days with zero new cases in the U.S. Around the end of October or early November. This is what the Lord showed me and I shared publicly, so I'm not surprised at the trends.

I could care less it is still not a peaceful way to die, if you think it is your completely nuts. As far as the virus I think a majority of stuff they are doing is bunk, many I know including me had the virus last year and hey admitted it has been here in Ca since September. My whole workplace was out with it in October and there were many mysterious deaths in LA in October from an unknown virus.

The lockdowns, the phony mask stuff all intended to strip us of our rights and get us ready for global marxism.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And

Another problem with herd immunity is that it's not strictly a human virus. You could eradicate the virus in people in this generation, but it would still be lurking the species it came from.

Perhaps that's because he's always been a germaphobe, or maybe it's the "power of positive thinking" that he picked up in church as a kid -- I think it's that philosophy that is causing him so many problems. You can accomplish a lot with positive thinking, but it can backfire dreadfully too.

Status
Not open for further replies.