Pastor MacArthur and his Church lost to Satan today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps God's thinking is different from ours.

Much love!
It is different. I would say it's a human way of thinking that God sends plagues to kill the righteous. I think that is harboring an impure thought about God -- a human thought. If our suffering can accomplish good for others, that's another thing.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Saying the saints may be killed by a plague to avoid "a coming tribulation" is inspired by fear. "Oh God, I'm so afraid of the coming tribulation. Kill me with a virus first, please."
How do you get that from me?
It was a question, not a statement. If God is going to kill the saints of this generation with Covid-19, will Trump and Pence be among them?

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Josho and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we should be a good example.

Here is another pastor who spoke against wearing a mask. He is now in the ICU with Covid-19.

Idaho pastor, Paul Van Noy, skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19 - CNN
I found this paragraph interesting:

Van Noy's church will soon host two controversial figures who've flouted coronavirus guidelines and questioned mask mandates: Charlie Kirk, founder of the conservative student group Turning Point USA, and Rob McCoy, a California pastor who was fined for holding indoor church services despite Covid-19 restrictions. The men will speak at services later this month to "work to make sense of what the church's proper role in America can and should be in the face of increasing opposition and cultural animosity."
I'd suggest Christians use more common sense and stop behaving so legalistically -- remember the commandment to love one another. Risking unnecessary infection of others with any disease is not loving.

Reactions: marks and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this paragraph interesting:

Van Noy's church will soon host two controversial figures who've flouted coronavirus guidelines and questioned mask mandates: Charlie Kirk, founder of the conservative student group Turning Point USA, and Rob McCoy, a California pastor who was fined for holding indoor church services despite Covid-19 restrictions. The men will speak at services later this month to "work to make sense of what the church's proper role in America can and should be in the face of increasing opposition and cultural animosity."
I'd suggest Christians use more common sense and stop behaving so legalistically -- remember the commandment to love one another. Risking unnecessary infection of others with any disease is not loving.

I totally agree with your last statement.

Here, many Catholic churches (if not all) are now holding outdoor services. And I heard the mosques aren't meeting inside either, in order to protect each other from the virus. So why do some of these evangelical or pentecostal pastors and congregations act so defiant.

Now there was several weeks ago an evangelical pastor, North of Los Angeles, who did have some indoor services. However, he did so very wisely. He had the chairs spaced out very far apart. And he only let ten people in at one time. Also, the people social distanced while waiting to enter the church.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree with your last statement.

Here, many Catholic churches (if not all) are now holding outdoor services. And I heard the mosques aren't meeting inside either, in order to protect each other from the virus. So why do some of these evangelical or pentecostal pastors and congregations act so defiant.

Now there was several weeks ago an evangelical pastor, North of Los Angeles, who did have some indoor services. However, he did so very wisely. He had the chairs spaced out very far apart. And he only let ten people in at one time. Also, the people social distanced while waiting to enter the church.
Sounds good. It can be done. I was just catching up on the news at Christian Post and saw Joel Osteen is going to start indoor services in October. He's not going to be breaking the law or taking unnecessary risks.

Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church to hold in-person services in October

“We have a very exciting announcement: We’re going to come back to in-person services on October the 18th. We can’t wait to see you guys. We’ve missed you the whole time,” the pastor said in a video message to the congregation.

He added that worshipers must sign up before services on the church's website, and people will have to practice safe social distancing. . . .

On its website, Lakewood identifies measures the church has undertaken to ensure a more sanitary environment for church attendees in adherence to CDC guidelines, such as restroom and touchless upgrades; interior building air purification, and sanitizing high-traffic public areas.

Reactions: Debp

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about Sean Feucht? I don't see social distancing at the "Let Us Worship" rallies, but if it's a genuine Holy Spirit move, I guess God will protect them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just found this, came across it on Ricky Skaggs facebook page, I thought Ricky Skaggs had been up to something lately.

Pure River — Harvest Sound International

It's a 12 hour free live-stream worship event on both Monday and Tuesday, 24 hours total.

@Hidden In Him @Heart2Soul may be interested. Loretta Lynn is also going to be on the live stream as well, should be interesting.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Sean Feucht? I don't see social distancing at the "Let Us Worship" rallies, but if it's a genuine Holy Spirit move, I guess God will protect them.
Maybe Feucht is trying to drum up support for his next run for Congress. He says he's not political, but then he runs for Congress?

Sean Feucht visits Kenosha as Blake family supporters host food drive

Evangelical music star Sean Feucht drew over 200 mostly maskless people to downtown Kenosha on Wednesday, criticizing the recent protests and unrest in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

A few blocks away, Blake's uncle, Justin Blake, helped prepare a spread of sandwiches and produce in a park. He and several local Black organizers pulled together 1,000 meals to share with seniors and others in need, aiming to pay no mind to the nearby rally.

"We don’t want to entertain the negativity that’s being brought here," said Porsche Bennett, who recently started UA1, standing for "United as One," in Kenosha. "We want to entertain the unity of the people, the people coming together and rebuilding and making tighter bonds."

Feucht, who opposes the Black Lives Matter movement, has held similar "worship rallies" in cities across the country. Attendees sang, prayed and performed baptisms.

Irene Wyckoff said she came from Grayslake, Illinois, to "reclaim the ground back for Jesus Christ." She said she opposed the recent protests and thought people should be more forgiving.
I wonder why Irene Wyckoff couldn't overlook the protests? Why didn't she stay in Illinois and forgive the protesters? The protesters were concerned about someone's death. She looks like another protester to me, but what is she protesting?

Somehow I think I'd rather be with Blake's uncle than with Feucht and Wyckoff.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe Feucht is trying to drum up support for his next run for Congress. He says he's not political, but then he runs for Congress?

Sean Feucht visits Kenosha as Blake family supporters host food drive

Evangelical music star Sean Feucht drew over 200 mostly maskless people to downtown Kenosha on Wednesday, criticizing the recent protests and unrest in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

A few blocks away, Blake's uncle, Justin Blake, helped prepare a spread of sandwiches and produce in a park. He and several local Black organizers pulled together 1,000 meals to share with seniors and others in need, aiming to pay no mind to the nearby rally.

"We don’t want to entertain the negativity that’s being brought here," said Porsche Bennett, who recently started UA1, standing for "United as One," in Kenosha. "We want to entertain the unity of the people, the people coming together and rebuilding and making tighter bonds."

Feucht, who opposes the Black Lives Matter movement, has held similar "worship rallies" in cities across the country. Attendees sang, prayed and performed baptisms.

Irene Wyckoff said she came from Grayslake, Illinois, to "reclaim the ground back for Jesus Christ." She said she opposed the recent protests and thought people should be more forgiving.
I wonder why Irene Wyckoff couldn't overlook the protests? Why didn't she stay in Illinois and forgive the protesters? The protesters were concerned about someone's death. She looks like another protester to me, but what is she protesting?

Somehow I think I'd rather be with Blake's uncle than with Feucht and Wyckoff.

Apparently he got 13.5% of the vote back in March.

Sean Feucht - Ballotpedia

Hmmm I'm not sure whether if it was a good idea to involve their political positions on BLM with their visit to Kenosha though.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently he got 13.5% of the vote back in March.

Sean Feucht - Ballotpedia

Hmmm I'm not sure whether if it was a good idea to involve their political positions on BLM with their visit to Kenosha though.
What if the political position was the real point? It looks like a "white evangelical Trump-supporting" sort of thing to me -- anything to get attention.

Speaking of trying to get attention, I won't post the latest video from Kanye West. You might ban me if I did.:D It seemed like a desperate move to get attention to me.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if the political position was the real point? It looks like a "white evangelical Trump-supporting" sort of thing to me -- anything to get attention.

Speaking of trying to get attention, I won't post the latest video from Kanye West. You might ban me if I did.:D It seemed like a desperate move to get attention to me.

I don't see it being a popular political position there though, the way the media puts it could have caused further division.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it being a popular political position there though, the way the media puts it could have caused further division.
It doesn't look like a winning position to take, does it? Running against any group means you can be sure they won't vote for you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is different. I would say it's a human way of thinking that God sends plagues to kill the righteous. I think that is harboring an impure thought about God -- a human thought. If our suffering can accomplish good for others, that's another thing.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Saying the saints may be killed by a plague to avoid "a coming tribulation" is inspired by fear. "Oh God, I'm so afraid of the coming tribulation. Kill me with a virus first, please."
It was a question, not a statement. If God is going to kill the saints of this generation with Covid-19, will Trump and Pence be among them?
Sorry, I read it rhetorical. I'm not the guy who says who is going to die, and from what, so I have no answer.

Isaiah 57
1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

It's not me saying this, it's God. Apparently you feel it's beyond reason to think that covid deaths may be included here, so OK.

Seeking truth and wisdom is a much different thing than being afraid. We look for God's wisdom in our spirit, from the flesh we fear. And we can choose which we want to be.

Much love!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we should be a good example.

Here is another pastor who spoke against wearing a mask. He is now in the ICU with Covid-19.

Idaho pastor, Paul Van Noy, skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19 - CNN

Many states do not have mask mandates. so you are free to not wear one- but take the risks that come with that!

As for me, I am almost 66, have multiple health conditions, it is a small thing to wear a mask to keep me safe.

I want to go home to be with the Lord, but not by my own stupidity! LOL

Reactions: Debp and marks

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I read it rhetorical. I'm not the guy who says who is going to die, and from what, so I have no answer.
I wish you could be more frank and less dodgy. If you picked up a gun and shot someone dead, would you be the guy who said someone was going to die? If you had Covid-19, went to church and spread it to others, would you be responsible if some of them died? What if you took your family to church where no safety measures were being used, and your spouse or a child got it and died -- would you be partly responsible?

I tell you that ministers who open their churches unwisely, refusing to consider the welfare of their congregation, will be held accountable by God for all who die as a result of their reckless decisions. Anyone with love for his fellow man should know recklessly endangering the lives of others is wrong. They knew it in Old Testament times -- lepers were kept apart, and people had to build walls around their rooftops so people wouldn't fall off.

Now indeed as a society goes downhill, God sends fewer and fewer of His servants to suffer trying to reform such wickedness. God always sends some good people to warn bad people; but there comes a time when enough is enough. The righteous suffer and die -- and the wicked honestly don't care -- they may even rejoice at it. The wicked even cause the righteous to suffer and die at times. When evil men stoned a prophet of God, do you think God looked down and said, "Great. I wanted that to happen. I wanted that prophet to escape the wrath to come." Or do you think God looked at the prophet and was glad that he had wanted to help the wicked find God? That the prophet was willing to suffer and die if he could lead some of the wicked to righteousness?

When God stops sending as many servants, evil increases greatly since the majority culture becomes one of wickedness. They don't mourn the death of a righteous man. They certainly don't mind if a prophet who reminded them of their sins dies. They don't care if a good ruler dies -- someone who acted to prevent them from doing evil deeds. What the wicked seldom see is that a righteous man can, by interceding for them, postpone the "wrath to come." His prayers can also lessen it. A righteous man, as long as he walks the face of the earth, has his God-given right to exercise lawful dominion over the earth. He can do a lot of good -- in ways that can escape notice of mortal eyes -- making the culture a little less wicked, thus judgment is postponed so that souls can come to repentance.

But when a culture becomes so wicked, no one could be saved, the game is over. God saved Noah and Lot. He didn't smite them so they didn't live through a "tribulation." Jesus also provided instructions to his followers about getting out of Jerusalem:

Matthew 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

He did not say, "And when you see the signs of impending tribulation, I will send plagues among you to kill you when you assemble so you can escape the wrath to come."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish you could be more frank and less dodgy. If you picked up a gun and shot someone dead, would you be the guy who said someone was going to die? If you had Covid-19, went to church and spread it to others, would you be responsible if some of them died? What if you took your family to church where no safety measures were being used, and your spouse or a child got it and died -- would you be partly responsible?
I'm sorry, I'm not Trying to be dodgy, trying to be straightfoward.

If I shot someone to death, would this mean I was the one who chose when they would die? No. Life and death are in God's hands, and something fatal will not kill you if it's not His time for you to die. I know from experience, as well as my belief in the Scriptures.

But I'm not to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger either, that's not a loving act.

We are to act in love to others, but even so, God chooses such things I think.

I'm not sure why you have such an issue with that passage in Isaiah. I didn't say this, God said this.

Do you believe Christians can die from Covid? Do you believe God works everything for good for those who love Him? Don't put words in my mouth, like we're supposed to be wanting to die to avoid tribulation. That's not me.

But I don't question God's love or power, even as Christians sicken and die.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could care less it is still not a peaceful way to die, if you think it is your completely nuts. As far as the virus I think a majority of stuff they are doing is bunk, many I know including me had the virus last year and hey admitted it has been here in Ca since September. My whole workplace was out with it in October and there were many mysterious deaths in LA in October from an unknown virus.

The lockdowns, the phony mask stuff all intended to strip us of our rights and get us ready for global marxism.
So, do you think it's worse than having your head cut off?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you think it's worse than having your head cut off?

I can genuinely say you are a nut, thinking drown is peaceful. No I take it back your a monster not worthy of any of my time with your dumb ideas that drowning is a fun peaceful way to die.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: michaelvpardo
Status
Not open for further replies.