Pay to Pray eRosary from the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for clarifying. Not sure when the topic changed. I was responding to someone's mention of the topic.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here--that "taste is an accident."

Hi,
This thread is such an off topic mess that I don't see any point in trying to explain it here.

If you would like to discuss the issue let me know and I will start a new thread on the topic.
Mungo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you follow Pope Francis or not?
Yes, I am a Catholic of the Roman/Latin Rite - and so is he.

However - in your ignorance - YOU lumped ALL Catholics into the same Liturgical Rite.
Try to post fairly and honestly - instead of using the same tired old anti-Catholic nonsense . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, is this the brainwashing you have received? Not a shred of evidence? Oh brother. It is widely known that he authorized the sale of indulgences to build St. Peter's because he had emptied the church coffers. It is also known he made arrangements to split monies 50/50 with an Archh Bishop in Germany in order to pay off certain loans and build St. Peters. The fact that you deny this says everything we need to know.
Then perhaps YOU can produce the document, declaration or decree that he wrote to promulgate this sale.

Certainly
, you can do this since it is so "widely known" - right??
Happy hunting . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
This thread is such an off topic mess that I don't see any point in trying to explain it here.

If you would like to discuss the issue let me know and I will start a new thread on the topic.
Mungo
I begged these anti-Catholics to stay on point, but they insisted on hijacking the thread.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I begged these anti-Catholics to stay on point, but they insisted on hijacking the thread.

The can't stay on topic.
Diverting onto something else is how they avoid having to admit they cannot answer your points.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made it clear I am talking about RCC
Sooooooo, you're ONLY talking about the Roman Liturgical Rite - and not the rest of the Catholic Church that is in full communion with the Bishop of Rome (the Pope)??

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "adverse judgment" or "condemnation" do you think people will face for partaking unworthily of symbols? Condemned to what?

Yes, symbols of the essential truth of the cross required for salvation. The cross itself is a symbol of the truth that Jesus died for our sins.

I agree with @Enoch111 that the use of the word "condemnation" in the KJV is unfortunate because when we read the entire verse, we see Paul saying that God judges us as a means of discipline "so that we may not be condemned with the world." This supports Romans 8:1, which states that "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"....

1 Cor 11: 27-32-- Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy way will be guilty of sin against the body and blood of the Lord. So a man should examine himself; in this way he should eat the bread and drink from the cup. For whoever eats and drinks without recognizing the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself. This is why many are sick and ill among you, and many have fallen asleep. If we were properly evaluating ourselves, we would not be judged, but when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord, so that we may not be condemned with the world.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, is this the brainwashing you have received? Not a shred of evidence? Oh brother. It is widely known that he authorized the sale of indulgences to build St. Peter's because he had emptied the church coffers. It is also known he made arrangements to split monies 50/50 with an Archh Bishop in Germany in order to pay off certain loans and build St. Peters. The fact that you deny this says everything we need to know.
Then perhaps YOU can produce the document, declaration or decree that he wrote to promulgate this sale.
Certainly, you can do this since it is so "widely known" - right??
Happy hunting . . .
Did you get tired of Googling and not finding any documents??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is in full communion with Rome it is a false church and can be lumped right in with RCC.
The other NINETEEN Liturgical Rites are not "Roman" or Latin.
So, your ignorant use of "RCC" is pointless . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instructio Summaria ad Subcommissarios Poenitentiarum et Confessores
You mean, Instructio Summaria ad Subcommissarios Poenitentiam et Confessoris.
Can you point me to the paragraph where the Pope orders the selling of Indulgences?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can call it what you want. If they follow the Pope they are Roman Catholic.
No - they're not.
That's as mindless and stupid as saying that ALL Protestants are Lutherans because you agree with some of his invented doctrines.

Try to stay focused. Your signature lie states that you are a "preacher".
I can only hope that you're not a pastor with a mins as narrow as yours . . .

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - they're not.
That's as mindless and stupid as saying that ALL Protestants are Lutherans because you agree with some of his invented doctrines.

Try to stay focused. Your signature lie states that you are a "preacher".
I can only hope that you're not a pastor with a mins as narrow as yours . . .

If they are in FULL COMMUNION. That means they follow every teaching. Not all protestants are in full communion with Lutherans. So no, it's not the same.