• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Please be encouraged to read this out loud to yourself word by word, and think about what is being said).

Peace with God, and declared right by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you someone who is fairly familiar with this passage? It found in Romans 5. Paul is writing after having talked about the faith that Abraham had perviously in the last chapter.

Are you someone who who peace toward God, understanding that it is by faith that you are able to peace toward God? Some translations say "we have peace with God". However you take it, are you someone who rests in the finished work of Christ? That he has taken care of the sins that you have committed since the day you were born, and will even take care of your sins you will possibly make in the future? That is a very personal and deep question.

Normally when a person is convicted of having "missed the mark" which is normally placing love - towards God - FIRST. That is something that needs to be noted. It is always said by Jesus to have love for God first, will all your heart, with all your soul (mind/will/emotions), and will all your mind (Matthew 22:36-40).

This is something that has to be first established with your very own free will choice to make God your priority first and foremost always every second, every minute, every hour, every day. There is absolutely no other way around. Remember we are made right with God by faith, and are justified by faith (even when you flub up - which admittedly all have to first admit to God that you acknowledge this) a person is made right with God. (Some mistakenly make the choice in say I need to get my outer fleshly shell right with God before he accepts me).

This is wrong thinking, the Flesh profits nothing. However The SPIRIT is the only thing that can help put to death the misdeeds of the body a person will live (Romans 8:13), live in what way? Live by the spiritual way of life, it is where you allow the Spirit of Christ with-in you (Galatians 2:20) to come forth and allow (HIS) love to come through, (1 Corinthians 13 - really read this over and over to yourself), and this is where life is found. It is where the acknowledgement of peace is found by the Spirit (Galatians 5).

Are you someone who believes this? If you are not, it would be good to examine yourself if you are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5), this message is not to unbelievers. This is a message to believers already who believe that Jesus Christ came, died, was buried, and resurrected by God.

Are you someone believes that you can have peace with God just by faith?
Are you someone that believes you must get your flesh in order before you can actually experience peace with God which is by faith in the Lord?

These are very vital and important questions for you to ask yourself, and to even pray and talk to God about, and check the scriptures if they pan out.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Please be encouraged to read this out loud to yourself word by word, and think about what is being said).

Peace with God, and declared right by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you someone who is fairly familiar with this passage? It found in Romans 5. Paul is writing after having talked about the faith that Abraham had perviously in the last chapter.

Are you someone who who peace toward God, understanding that it is by faith that you are able to peace toward God? Some translations say "we have peace with God". However you take it, are you someone who rests in the finished work of Christ? That he has taken care of the sins that you have committed since the day you were born, and will even take care of your sins you will possibly make in the future? That is a very personal and deep question.

Normally when a person is convicted of having "missed the mark" which is normally placing love - towards God - FIRST. That is something that needs to be noted. It is always said by Jesus to have love for God first, will all your heart, with all your soul (mind/will/emotions), and will all your mind (Matthew 22:36-40).

This is something that has to be first established with your very own free will choice to make God your priority first and foremost always every second, every minute, every hour, every day. There is absolutely no other way around. Remember we are made right with God by faith, and are justified by faith (even when you flub up - which admittedly all have to first admit to God that you acknowledge this) a person is made right with God. (Some mistakenly make the choice in say I need to get my outer fleshly shell right with God before he accepts me).

This is wrong thinking, the Flesh profits nothing. However The SPIRIT is the only thing that can help put to death the misdeeds of the body a person will live (Romans 8:13), live in what way? Live by the spiritual way of life, it is where you allow the Spirit of Christ with-in you (Galatians 2:20) to come forth and allow (HIS) love to come through, (1 Corinthians 13 - really read this over and over to yourself), and this is where life is found. It is where the acknowledgement of peace is found by the Spirit (Galatians 5).

Are you someone who believes this? If you are not, it would be good to examine yourself if you are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5), this message is not to unbelievers. This is a message to believers already who believe that Jesus Christ came, died, was buried, and resurrected by God.

Are you someone that believes you must get your flesh in order before you can actually experience peace with God which is by faith in the Lord?

These are very vital and important questions for you to ask yourself, and to even pray and talk to God about, and check the scriptures if they pan out.

I have really appreciated this years convention Matt entitled pursue peace. We know that we reap what we sow, if we sow peace, then logically we will reap peace. Likely one of the best scriptures ever written was the golden rule, think of how the world would be if everyone treated others the way they desire to be treated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have really appreciated this years convention Matt entitled pursue peace. We know that we reap what we sow, if we sow peace, then logically we will reap peace. Likely one of the best scriptures ever written was the golden rule, think of how the world would be if everyone treated others the way they desire to be treated.

Firstly I would like to mention Robert, is that it is always nice to see when you are able to comment. Hope you and everyone is doing alright, and Secondly I would also like to say it is incumbent for us to have peace not only with Yahweh/Jehovah himself by through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, however also towards our neighbors.

Now is being able to have peace with our neighbors possible? It depends on the person you may be dealing with at that time. Because there is times where people may not like you, and you yourself may not have a complete understanding of them yet and not sure whether you should choose to like them or not. This could be depending on individual levels of the chooser. Do we choose to love our neighbor, despite their background history, or even if they have done someone wrong, or they may do things that individual disagrees with?

Sometimes peace doesn't always hang around in our flesh, as peace itself is something that comes down from the Heavenly Father whom adopts human beings as his children by and through faith on the Son, who died, was buried, and resurrected. Which is true by those few words.

Peace comes from having a relationship with the True and Living God whom adopts all people to be his children when they look towards him, which is a choice on our own part. Therefore depending on the situation going on at the time, sometimes there are times of survival in heated situations, and things like this to protect ourselves because not only is protecting the life of others who are abused, mistreated, and treat all people with respect as no one has been in any one else's shoes to know everything they have experienced in their entire lifetime. Amazing when you think about it this way.

Because having love for God (Jehovah/Yahweh) always comes first. With all heart, all mind, all soul. And then comes loving of our neighbors as ourselves. What would that entail for the Christian? To forgive (even those who have taken life - as Jesus forgave them who did not know what they were doing in which he prayed to His Father (Which means he has forgiven you, me, them, and everyone else), to have patience (when dealing with difficult people), to have peace (when someone or something is trying to try your patience), to have faith (to me it means to believe, trust, have confidence in God and his promises, he did after all resurrect His only-begotten from the dead, to be gentle (to be gentle to all people around you as everyone should be treated as fairly as possible no matter if it is even in times of judgement, and possibly deserve to be scolded), to be generous (something I possible struggle with - to be generous with your own time, even ability if possible to help another individual out, just to give up time for the other people who may not have someone like you in their life), to be at joy (even if it is unexpressed to have joy in knowing that God is with us, and that he does hear our prayers, though this doesn't mean we do not struggle with emotions), to have self-control (to have self-control in times of were you may in your own soul (mind/will/emotions) which controls our body to make the decisions one may make to have self-control is available by and through the very Holy Spirit of God even the Spirit of Christ, and finally of course to have love, to love our neighbor as ourself. To be able to give them comfort and relief though when times of truth need to be said and lead by the Holy Spirit to be honest and say it, the spirit will speak for us, all to the glory of the One whom gives it to us in our hearts.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The KJV of Romans 5:1

" Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:"

Paul is speaking of how we are saved, "justification by faith." The reason he brought up Abraham, as you mentioned, is that "justification by faith" was first introduced by God to Abraham.

Gen. 15:6

"And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.""

This is the introduction of "justification by faith" in the scripture. It is justifying peace through faith in what Christ has done for us on the Cross., hence, "we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

It's all about faith!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG, can you tell us exactly what it was that Abraham believed from God that the great "justification by faith" doctrine was made known to man?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Covenant of Circumcision
17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. 2 Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

Abram was ninety-one years old, when the LORD appeared to him - No sure other than how the LORD (Yahweh), perhaps in some manner as He had appeared to Moses in the burning bush. And said "I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully ( meaning to believe having confidence what you are hearing is truth it is "I am God Almighty" who was speaking to them saying walk before me faithfully and be blameless (perhaps from not turning away from faith).

And God said I will make (Abram) my covenant between me and you and will really increase your numbers. What a promise God is presenting here to Abram to believe and confide.

3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,

Abram fell facedown showing reverence, and God spoke and said.

4 “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.

As for me, this is my covenant with you *With God and Abram, You will be a father of many nations (Tribes). No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. That is what the name Abraham stands for A father of many nations.

6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.

God promises to make Abraham to have a very fruitful family line, and God would make nations out of Abraham, and King will come from Abrahams lineage as well.

7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

God Almighty continues speaking here saying I will establish my covenant as and everlasting covenant between me (God) and you (Abraham) and your descendants (Grand-children of Abraham and then some) after you for generations to come, and to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. What this telling us here from Moses the writer is that God was going to be with all of the seed of Abraham who choose to seek after Him as the True and Living God Almighty who is speaking to Abraham as this time to believe and accept this as a promise to his coming seed. At the age of 99 no less.

8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

Because of God, and his promise the whole material land of Canaan, where you now resides as a foreigner (meaning a stranger to the culture there), God promises to give Abraham, as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants are you, and I will be their God. It seems as though God is promising a place to have room for his family to be able to cultivate.

9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant with you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. This is my covenant Abraham, with you and your descendants are you the covenant you are to to keep: Even male among you shall be circumcised. (Not good sight). But must be done.

11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring.

After a male child is 8 days old it must be circumsiced to be part of the covenant. Including those born in Abrahams household and bought with money (perhaps job wages - slave?) from a foreigner -- those who are not your offspring. Meaning anyone who desired to be part of the covenant at this point in time must have this done once a male child is 8 days old. To be able to be rewarded in all that has been promised to Abraham this far. A whole linage of people. At 99 years old, was going to be born and Abraham is being told here this is what must be done in order to fulfill this promise.

[13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

God says to him again saying Whether born in your household or bought with your money they must be circumcised. Covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting (age-during?) covenant. Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people (meaning those who chosen not to obey would be cut off, to be able to keep this promise going for they have broken the agreement or covenant between God and Abraham.

15 God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”

God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai (Abrahams wife's name is Sarai); which is not going to be called Sarah. I will bless her and will surely give you a son by hear. I will bless (Sarah) that she will be the mother of nations, (many tribes 12 Tribes of Israel); Kings of people will come her (Sarah). Another promise spoken by God for having kept this covenant and those who did not, were cut off.

17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”

Abraham hearing Gods word fell facedown; he laughed (imagine a moment here) Your are a 100 year old, and you are being promises all these things by God. Abraham here laughed. Then spoke saying "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will my Wife (Sarah) bear a child at the age of 90 years old?

18 And Abraham said to God, “If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!”

The next thing that asking God a question he says to God "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing! He thought of his first born son: Ishmael was the first son of Abraham, the common patriarch of the Abrahamic religions, and is considered as a prophet in Islam. His mother was Egyptian Hagar (Genesis 16:3). According to the Genesis account, he died at the age of 137 (Genesis 25:17).

Asking God for his Son rather than himself or anyone else first.

19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

God say to Abraham to his first question, also to the blessing for His first-born son. Yes, but your wife (Sarah) will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting (age-during?) covenant for his descendants after him.

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

See here as God speaks now about (Abrahams blessing to Ishmael) God said he had heard him, and I will bless him and God would mark them fruitful and will greatly increase in his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.” 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

But my (Gods covenant and his promise to Abraham he will keep established in and through his (Abraham's Great-great-great grandsons), This one whom would be named Isaac who God would keep his covenant through would come by and through Sarah by the same time he comes around next year.

Afterwards When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from Him. What this looked like I do not know.

[/quote]23 On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised, 25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen; 26 Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on that very day. 27 And every male in Abraham’s household, including those born in his household or bought from a foreigner, was circumcised with him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The peace with God we have is because we are declared .>"the righteousness of God, in Christ".

This is the eternal status of a born again believer.
SIN, that was denying us relationship and PEACE with God, has been resolved by Christ on the Cross.
This BLOOD ATONEMENT< has gained for every born again believer... eternal peace with God, regarding all the born again.

This Peace we have with God, is not earned or maintained by us.......it is only provided to us through the Cross of Christ, as "the Gift of Righteousness".. and "The Gift of Salvation".

Reactions: MatthewG

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abram was ninety-one years old, when the LORD appeared to him - No sure other than how the LORD (Yahweh), perhaps in some manner as He had appeared to Moses in the burning bush. And said "I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully ( meaning to believe having confidence what you are hearing is truth it is "I am God Almighty" who was speaking to them saying walk before me faithfully and be blameless (perhaps from not turning away from faith).

And God said I will make (Abram) my covenant between me and you and will really increase your numbers. What a promise God is presenting here to Abram to believe and confide.

As for me, this is my covenant with you *With God and Abram, You will be a father of many nations (Tribes). No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. That is what the name Abraham stands for A father of many nations.

God promises to make Abraham to have a very fruitful family line, and God would make nations out of Abraham, and King will come from Abrahams lineage as well.

God Almighty continues speaking here saying I will establish my covenant as and everlasting covenant between me (God) and you (Abraham) and your descendants (Grand-children of Abraham and then some) after you for generations to come, and to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. What this telling us here from Moses the writer is that God was going to be with all of the seed of Abraham who choose to seek after Him as the True and Living God Almighty who is speaking to Abraham as this time to believe and accept this as a promise to his coming seed. At the age of 99 no less.

Because of God, and his promise the whole material land of Canaan, where you now resides as a foreigner (meaning a stranger to the culture there), God promises to give Abraham, as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants are you, and I will be their God. It seems as though God is promising a place to have room for his family to be able to cultivate.

God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant with you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. This is my covenant Abraham, with you and your descendants are you the covenant you are to to keep: Even male among you shall be circumcised. (Not good sight). But must be done.

After a male child is 8 days old it must be circumsiced to be part of the covenant. Including those born in Abrahams household and bought with money (perhaps job wages - slave?) from a foreigner -- those who are not your offspring. Meaning anyone who desired to be part of the covenant at this point in time must have this done once a male child is 8 days old. To be able to be rewarded in all that has been promised to Abraham this far. A whole linage of people. At 99 years old, was going to be born and Abraham is being told here this is what must be done in order to fulfill this promise.

God says to him again saying Whether born in your household or bought with your money they must be circumcised. Covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting (age-during?) covenant. Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people (meaning those who chosen not to obey would be cut off, to be able to keep this promise going for they have broken the agreement or covenant between God and Abraham.

God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai (Abrahams wife's name is Sarai); which is not going to be called Sarah. I will bless her and will surely give you a son by hear. I will bless (Sarah) that she will be the mother of nations, (many tribes 12 Tribes of Israel); Kings of people will come her (Sarah). Another promise spoken by God for having kept this covenant and those who did not, were cut off.

Abraham hearing Gods word fell facedown; he laughed (imagine a moment here) Your are a 100 year old, and you are being promises all these things by God. Abraham here laughed. Then spoke saying "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will my Wife (Sarah) bear a child at the age of 90 years old?

The next thing that asking God a question he says to God "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing! He thought of his first born son: Ishmael was the first son of Abraham, the common patriarch of the Abrahamic religions, and is considered as a prophet in Islam. His mother was Egyptian Hagar (Genesis 16:3). According to the Genesis account, he died at the age of 137 (Genesis 25:17).

God say to Abraham to his first question, also to the blessing for His first-born son. Yes, but your wife (Sarah) will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting (age-during?) covenant for his descendants after him.

See here as God speaks now about (Abrahams blessing to Ishmael) God said he had heard him, and I will bless him and God would mark them fruitful and will greatly increase in his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

But my (Gods covenant and his promise to Abraham he will keep established in and through his (Abraham's Great-great-great grandsons), This one whom would be named Isaac who God would keep his covenant through would come by and through Sarah by the same time he comes around next year.

Afterwards When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from Him. What this looked like I do not know.
You covered this very well, Matthew! But what did Abraham believe that God made all these promises to him?

When Christ said, "no man comes unto the Father but by me," He didn't just mean the Church who would have knowledge of the Gospel. He meant every single man/woman who would be born into this world.

Every single person born into this world (from the beginning of time) must believe that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for mans sin, through faith in Him, we are brought back into fellowship with God.

So how could all men/women come by way of Christ before He came and the knowledge of the Gospel given?

Jesus Himself tells us what Abraham knew and believed, the reason God made the promises to Abraham.

John 8:56
" Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad."

The scripture does not record this, how Abraham was given the knowledge of Christ. It could have been a vision, or maybe God just spoke to Abraham in some manner that the Messiah would come and offer Himself as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of man.

This is what Abraham believed and the reason God chose him to receive all the promises you have mentioned.

Before Abraham all the way back to Adam and Eve, the animal sacrifice was made know to them all! They knew what it meant.

Abel knew to bring an animal sacrifice before God (which represented Christ) and he was accepted by God. Cain, in rebellion, refused to bring an animal sacrifice before God, but brought his works from the field, and was rejected.

When Adam and Eve brought sin into this world, the scripture says that God prepared them "coats of skin."

Animals gave their lives to provide covering for Adam and Eve, here again, representing Christ shedding His Blood for the sins of man.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

23 On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised, 25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen; 26 Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on that very day. 27 And every male in Abraham’s household, including those born in his household or bought from a foreigner, was circumcised with him.[/QUOTE]

You covered this very well, Matthew! But what did Abraham believe that God made all these promises to him?

When Christ said, "no man comes unto the Father but by me," He didn't just mean the Church who would have knowledge of the Gospel. He meant every single man/woman who would be born into this world.

Every single person born into this world (from the beginning of time) must believe that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for mans sin, through faith in Him, we are brought back into fellowship with God.

So how could all men/women come by way of Christ before He came and the knowledge of the Gospel given?

Jesus Himself tells us what Abraham knew and believed, the reason God made the promises to Abraham.

The scripture does not record this, how Abraham was given the knowledge of Christ. It could have been a vision, or maybe God just spoke to Abraham in some manner that the Messiah would come and offer Himself as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of man.

This is what Abraham believed and the reason God chose him to receive all the promises you have mentioned.

Before Abraham all the way back to Adam and Eve, the animal sacrifice was made know to them all! They knew what it meant.

Abel knew to bring an animal sacrifice before God (which represented Christ) and he was accepted by God. Cain, in rebellion, refused to bring an animal sacrifice before God, but brought his works from the field, and was rejected.

When Adam and Eve brought sin into this world, the scripture says that God prepared them "coats of skin."

Animals gave their lives to provide covering for Adam and Eve, here again, representing Christ shedding His Blood for the sins of man.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly I would like to mention Robert, is that it is always nice to see when you are able to comment. Hope you and everyone is doing alright, and Secondly I would also like to say it is incumbent for us to have peace not only with Yahweh/Jehovah himself by through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, however also towards our neighbors.

Now is being able to have peace with our neighbors possible? It depends on the person you may be dealing with at that time. Because there is times where people may not like you, and you yourself may not have a complete understanding of them yet and not sure whether you should choose to like them or not. This could be depending on individual levels of the chooser. Do we choose to love our neighbor, despite their background history, or even if they have done someone wrong, or they may do things that individual disagrees with?

Sometimes peace doesn't always hang around in our flesh, as peace itself is something that comes down from the Heavenly Father whom adopts human beings as his children by and through faith on the Son, who died, was buried, and resurrected. Which is true by those few words.

Peace comes from having a relationship with the True and Living God whom adopts all people to be his children when they look towards him, which is a choice on our own part. Therefore depending on the situation going on at the time, sometimes there are times of survival in heated situations, and things like this to protect ourselves because not only is protecting the life of others who are abused, mistreated, and treat all people with respect as no one has been in any one else's shoes to know everything they have experienced in their entire lifetime. Amazing when you think about it this way.

Because having love for God (Jehovah/Yahweh) always comes first. With all heart, all mind, all soul. And then comes loving of our neighbors as ourselves. What would that entail for the Christian? To forgive (even those who have taken life - as Jesus forgave them who did not know what they were doing in which he prayed to His Father (Which means he has forgiven you, me, them, and everyone else), to have patience (when dealing with difficult people), to have peace (when someone or something is trying to try your patience), to have faith (to me it means to believe, trust, have confidence in God and his promises, he did after all resurrect His only-begotten from the dead, to be gentle (to be gentle to all people around you as everyone should be treated as fairly as possible no matter if it is even in times of judgement, and possibly deserve to be scolded), to be generous (something I possible struggle with - to be generous with your own time, even ability if possible to help another individual out, just to give up time for the other people who may not have someone like you in their life), to be at joy (even if it is unexpressed to have joy in knowing that God is with us, and that he does hear our prayers, though this doesn't mean we do not struggle with emotions), to have self-control (to have self-control in times of were you may in your own soul (mind/will/emotions) which controls our body to make the decisions one may make to have self-control is available by and through the very Holy Spirit of God even the Spirit of Christ, and finally of course to have love, to love our neighbor as ourself. To be able to give them comfort and relief though when times of truth need to be said and lead by the Holy Spirit to be honest and say it, the spirit will speak for us, all to the glory of the One whom gives it to us in our hearts.

I agree Matt, peace can only come if two are willing to obtain it. No doubt application of the two greatest commandments would settle it, but again all have to apply them to benefit my friend. I actually experienced this recently, I went dirt riding with my brother in Wisconsin, and while in a bar, the barmaid was extremely busy, and we were waiting patiently for our turn to be waited on. She approached us and said she would be right with us, but a line started forming in another area of the bar, so between 30 to 45 seconds after the girl told us she would be right with us, my brother went up to her while she was working and said he wanted to buy some shirts, and she was rude in her acknowledgment of him, I understood her impatience, but he was angered by it. He was telling the rest of the group outside how rude she was to him, and I said I thought the reason she was rude was because he interrupted her kind of out of turn, and he became very angry at me, and his wife started making false statements about me, and he tried to drag others into the conversation, which got me heated. I simply told him I seen it with my own eyes. He has been mad at me since that point. Oh well, a perfect example of how it takes two to have peace. That is why God recommends doing good to all, but especially to those related to us in the faith Gal 6:10, as those who do not love Jehovah can be a disrupting influence, and can even take peace away from us.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Faith might be the main thing, but to have peace with the Lord, I think we need to be righteous.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
23 On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised, 25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen; 26 Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on that very day. 27 And every male in Abraham’s household, including those born in his household or bought from a foreigner, was circumcised with him.

The resurrection is surely the most important part of the Gospel too, Praise be to the Lord Jesus who died on all peoples behalf, so that everything by and through Him may be restored like it once was in the garden of Eden. Where people choose which tree to eat off of, the tree of knowledge and good and evil? The other choice in the tree of life, being the Lord Yeshua, and brings life after death. Praise be to the Father, Amen, who reconciled the world back to himself through Christ.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is righteous defined, by you, Bob? Would like to know your thoughts.
Jesus was asked a similar question. He responded, "You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.'" Luke 18:20 RSV

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was asked a similar question. He responded, "You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.'" Luke 18:20 RSV

Thank you for sharing brother.

Looking up Righteous

righteous adjective
1 the scriptures contain rules for righteous living: good, virtuous, upright, upstanding, decent, worthy; ethical, principled, moral, high-minded, law-abiding, just, honest, innocent, faultless, honorable, blameless, guiltless, irreproachable, sinless, uncorrupted, anticorruption, saintly, angelic, pure, noble, noble-minded, pious, God-fearing.

ANTONYMS wicked, sinful

2 a look of righteous anger came over his face: justifiable, justified, legitimate, defensible, supportable, just, rightful; well founded, sound, valid, admissible, allowable, understandable, excusable, acceptable, reasonable, sensible.

ANTONYMS unjustifiable

righteousness noun

the successful are always tempted to regard their success as a reward for righteousness: goodness, virtue, virtuousness, uprightness, decency, integrity, worthiness, rectitude, probity, morality, ethicalness, high-mindedness, justice, honesty, honor, honorableness, innocence, blamelessness, guiltlessness, irreproachability, sinlessness, saintliness, purity, nobility, noble-mindedness, piety, piousness. ANTONYMS wickedness, sinfulness

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing brother.

Looking up Righteous

righteous adjective
1 the scriptures contain rules for righteous living: good, virtuous, upright, upstanding, decent, worthy; ethical, principled, moral, high-minded, law-abiding, just, honest, innocent, faultless, honorable, blameless, guiltless, irreproachable, sinless, uncorrupted, anticorruption, saintly, angelic, pure, noble, noble-minded, pious, God-fearing.

ANTONYMS wicked, sinful

2 a look of righteous anger came over his face: justifiable, justified, legitimate, defensible, supportable, just, rightful; well founded, sound, valid, admissible, allowable, understandable, excusable, acceptable, reasonable, sensible.

ANTONYMS unjustifiable

righteousness noun

the successful are always tempted to regard their success as a reward for righteousness: goodness, virtue, virtuousness, uprightness, decency, integrity, worthiness, rectitude, probity, morality, ethicalness, high-mindedness, justice, honesty, honor, honorableness, innocence, blamelessness, guiltlessness, irreproachability, sinlessness, saintliness, purity, nobility, noble-mindedness, piety, piousness. ANTONYMS wickedness, sinfulness
When studying the Bible, I think the helpfulness of a dictionary is limited.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have interests in anything that is secular, such as tv, newspaper, books, perhaps things non-religious like going to the store for food, or farmers market, trade-days, anything like thrift store buildings?

sec·u·lar| ˈsekyələr | adjective 1 denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis: secular buildings | secular moral theory. Contrasted with sacred.2 Christian Church (of clergy) not subject to or bound by religious rule; not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order. Contrasted with regular.3 Astronomy of or denoting slow changes in the motion of the sun or planets. 4 Economics (of a fluctuation or trend) occurring or persisting over an indefinitely long period: there is evidence that the slump is not cyclical but secular. 5 occurring once every century or similarly long period (used especially in reference to celebratory games in ancient Rome).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Colossians 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.

hope this helps !!!