Pence hopeful that abortion will end in the US

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pence is believing abortion in the US, will end in our time, and that's a great win for babies, lives, and it's a big step back to Jesus in America, if Trump and Pence are successful in ending abortion. Whether abortion ends in the US or not, and whatever we think about Trump or Pence, you gotta love their stand for pro-life and against abortion, on this particular issue they are really standing up for what God's word says.

Pence: Abortion will end in U.S. 'in our time'

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen!

Many will be very very angry about that! God bless them. ✟

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pence is believing abortion in the US, will end in our time, and that's a great win for babies, lives, and it's a big step back to Jesus in America, if Trump and Pence are successful in ending abortion. Whether abortion ends in the US or not, and whatever we think about Trump or Pence, you gotta love their stand for pro-life and against abortion, on this particular issue they are really standing up for what God's word says.

they can only throw it out there, its the public (voters) that have to make it politically expedient for the laws to change. otherwise everything remains the same because there's no reason to start and engine if your not going anywhere. hence its more politically expedient for law makers to let it lye where it is, as far as law goes.

the flaw in Christian political thinking is that you just go to the prez and it should stand to reason to make things according to God. but the constitution isn't a agreement with God and man, its an agreement with the US gov. and its citizens. one has to have a campaign to change public perceptions and views on a matter to get law makers to care. its been done many times over by the opposition. hence the propaganda service available to any legitimate enterprise, tv advertisements in everyone's living room.

it seems, it would take an endless pit of money.

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can certainly do anything He wants in whatever time He wants. But if it were my guess, I would think that abortion would not end without another civil war. Too much money is tied to abortion, just as too much money was tied to slavery. Abortion is such a huge tool of the devil because not only is a life killed, but the act of murdering destroys the mother and fills her full of shame or hate. What my prayer is that even while it completely legal, people would decide in the heart NOT to murder, or better yet even decide to not have sex until they are married. And that these awful murdering mills would close down for lack of customers. That is my prayer. But yes, America is certainly doomed as long as we have a culture of death.

Reactions: tabletalk and Josho

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they can only throw it out there, its the public (voters) that have to make it politically expedient for the laws to change. otherwise everything remains the same because there's no reason to start and engine if your not going anywhere. hence its more politically expedient for law makers to let it lye where it is, as far as law goes.

the flaw in Christian political thinking is that you just go to the prez and it should stand to reason to make things according to God. but the constitution isn't a agreement with God and man, its an agreement with the US gov. and its citizens. one has to have a campaign to change public perceptions and views on a matter to get law makers to care. its been done many times over by the opposition. hence the propaganda service available to any legitimate enterprise, tv advertisements in everyone's living room.

it seems, it would take an endless pit of money.
Abortion is very unconstitutional since the temporary caregiver is treating another life as if it were her sole property in which to destroy. People cannot be treated as property. Certainly as with salvary, abortion is unconstitutional and is simply tolerated for mainly economic reasons.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is very unconstitutional since the temporary caregiver is treating another life as if it were her sole property in which to destroy. People cannot be treated as property. Certainly as with salvary, abortion is unconstitutional and is simply tolerated for mainly economic reasons.

nope; the pregnant female, the potentially pregnant female and all females for that matter that are US citizens are the voters, not the unborn child therefore the voter has the right to vote as they please. and politicians are obligated to the voter. not the non-voter not the non-citizen. that is the agreement.

politically its not a Christian morals view issue, and Christians like your posting insist it is and if you haven't notice Christians are losing ground on all political fronts screaming morals of God. what you are seeing is people don't trust Christian judgement of what is good, and that probably is because they can see its not God's Judgement of what is good. so they go by their own judgement of what is good. and the voter has that right to vote according to their own judgement of what is good for themselves, which is protected by the constitution.

Reactions: Truth

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you stating that anyone who is under the voting age does not have any rights? Having rights is not dependent of whether you can vote or not. To tell you the truth I know very many non christians who are pro-life. They are lawyers who understand the law and that all life is sacred. They would laugh if they thought abortion was only a Christian moral view. That is like saying that stealing is only a Christian moral view.
And yes, Of course I know that God will allow Satan to have free will to temp and destroy many in this world (mostly due to their love of money). Many will be entrapped in choices like abortion, slavery etc. I have read Revelations. But that does not mean that any of us do not have the duty to uphold the constitution for ALL life. Certainly even our unborn endangered animals are even protected from harm.

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletalk

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God can certainly do anything He wants in whatever time He wants. But if it were my guess, I would think that abortion would not end without another civil war. Too much money is tied to abortion, just as too much money was tied to slavery. Abortion is such a huge tool of the devil because not only is a life killed, but the act of murdering destroys the mother and fills her full of shame or hate. What my prayer is that even while it completely legal, people would decide in the heart NOT to murder, or better yet even decide to not have sex until they are married. And that these awful murdering mills would close down for lack of customers. That is my prayer. But yes, America is certainly doomed as long as we have a culture of death.

Agreed, and that is a good prayer to pray, no matter what the law is, I believe everyone should have a chance to live life, Iceland for example was pretty cruel on the unborn, they wanted to eliminate down syndrome by aborting every baby that had down syndrome, and that does not sound very Christ-like, neither is throwing surviving babies into incinerators from botched abortions, abortion is usually a selfish move from the mother to cover up shame, and it's handing it over to someone else to do the dirty work, it's no different to hiring a hitman to kill someone.

So you may want to reconsider your views on abortion at @DPMartin, as abortion doesn't line up with Jesus. There is light and darkness and I think you will find that handing a unborn baby over to an abortionist is a very dark thing, especially when you hear of human sacrifice to false gods, when you hear of it done under the name of witchcraft or satanism, there really isn't much difference, it's evil stuff. Same with the recretional drug industry, again a very dark thing to be legalised, when you see all the darkness behind it, for number one it messes with the mind, it causes people to hallucinate and see evil demonic spirits in disguise, when abused it's very dangerous, it's giving Satan a foothold into people's lives, you will find those involved in witchcraft, witches, satanists, warlocks, sorcerers, psychics, mediums, they don't have a problem with drugs being legalized, and a lot of them are recreational drug users themselves too, many sex workers are linked to drugs and criminal gangs that go killing others that owe drug debts.

So it's important we pray for people that they do not go down these dark paths, and if they are, it's important we pray that they will be brought to repentance and be set free by Jesus.

I hope this is an eye-opener for some, because some Christians do not realize how dark these issues really are.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What planet is he on, certainly not this one!

A society wedded to the idea of recreational sex is suddenly going to stop having casul sex or one night stands without there being a world wide revival.

As I started what planet is he on?

It's like saying all criminals are going to go straight and be honest in the next few years!

He is not living in this world.

Reactions: Wanting to Serve

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then since murder is a money maker the powers that be, [probably those who collect much of the money], will not easily allow salvation of the babies.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after... and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." I Tim 6:10

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then since murder is a money maker the powers that be, [probably those who collect much of the money], will not easily allow salvation of the babies.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after... and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." I Tim 6:10

I agree with the bible that the love of money is the root of all evil. I am not following what you mean by the powers that be not allowing the salvation of babies. Please let me know what you meant. Thanks!

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What planet is he on, certainly not this one!

A society wedded to the idea of recreational sex is suddenly going to stop having casul sex or one night stands without there being a world wide revival.

As I started what planet is he on?

It's like saying all criminals are going to go straight and be honest in the next few years!

He is not living in this world.
My first thought was that maybe Pence was trying to help President Trump by making people terrified to impeach him in fear that all the very serious pro-choice people would then have to deal with someone with moral convictions like Vice President Mike Pence. But we could not even get them to stop doing abortions after 20 weeks. It would certainly take a true act of God to abolish abortion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the bible that the love of money is the root of all evil. I am not following what you mean by the powers that be not allowing the salvation of babies. Please let me know what you meant. Thanks!
I was essentially agreeing with your post. By the powers that be, I meant those who really could either change the abortion laws or allow those laws to be changed to protect innocent children. A primary reason for it not happening would be as you said, "Too much money is tied to abortion". Too many people really too not care anything about the lives of human beings and readily sacrifice them to obtain keep the money flowing into their own treasure chests.

At present it is apparently to their financial advantage to treat those unborn babies as something less than people with rights. It kind of reminds me of Germany's Third Reich under Hitler where the Jews and others had their rights as citizens and even their right to live taken away from them. The United States has moved altogether too close to manifesting the attitude of the Nazi leadership our parents and grandparents fought against about 70 years ago.

Reactions: Wanting to Serve

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was essentially agreeing with your post. By the powers that be, I meant those who really could either change the abortion laws or allow those laws to be changed to protect innocent children. A primary reason for it not happening would be as you said, "Too much money is tied to abortion". Too many people really too not care anything about the lives of human beings and readily sacrifice them to obtain keep the money flowing into their own treasure chests.

At present it is apparently to their financial advantage to treat those unborn babies as something less than people with rights. It kind of reminds me of Germany's Third Reich under Hitler where the Jews and others had their rights as citizens and even their right to live taken away from them. The United States has moved altogether too close to manifesting the attitude of the Nazi leadership our parents and grandparents fought against about 70 years ago.
Agreed. As John Quincy Adams once said, "Duty is ours and results are Gods". So I will keep praying and sharing to try and encourage people to choose life and to not have abortions. We have adopted children and they are a blessing from God. Hopefully others in the church will be encouraged to do the same. That would really get people's attention if every church in the US would even have 1 family that would take in a foster child and the rest would support them. That would have more impact than all the sermons put together. God bless you!

Reactions: amadeus

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

I could cry every time I hear about an abortion, so I hate to burst the bubble:

There have always been abortions and there always will be, no matter how illegal you make them.

Best chance to minimize the number of abortions is to instill respect for the sanctity of human life + sexual education, access to birth control, and not letting a pregnant woman or single mum go destitute.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I could cry every time I hear about an abortion, so I hate to burst the bubble:

There have always been abortions and there always will be, no matter how illegal you make them.

Best chance to minimize the number of abortions is to instill respect for the sanctity of human life + sexual education, access to birth control, and not letting a pregnant woman or single mum go destitute.

Abortion is horrible there we agree, but enabling supply has never been shown to choke demand.

A change in public/societies atitude to sex is needed, but can you see a drunk giving up his booze!
Society is addicted to recreational sex and does not want to think about the consquences.

When did you see a programe that talked about the problems casual sex causes when trying to form a long term/permanent relationship>
Yet ther are problems caused by the hormones released durring sex.

Reactions: Butterfly

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, and that is a good prayer to pray, no matter what the law is, I believe everyone should have a chance to live life, Iceland for example was pretty cruel on the unborn, they wanted to eliminate down syndrome by aborting every baby that had down syndrome, and that does not sound very Christ-like, neither is throwing surviving babies into incinerators from botched abortions, abortion is usually a selfish move from the mother to cover up shame, and it's handing it over to someone else to do the dirty work, it's no different to hiring a hitman to kill someone.

So you may want to reconsider your views on abortion at @DPMartin, as abortion doesn't line up with Jesus. There is light and darkness and I think you will find that handing a unborn baby over to an abortionist is a very dark thing, especially when you hear of human sacrifice to false gods, when you hear of it done under the name of witchcraft or satanism, there really isn't much difference, it's evil stuff. Same with the recretional drug industry, again a very dark thing to be legalised, when you see all the darkness behind it, for number one it messes with the mind, it causes people to hallucinate and see evil demonic spirits in disguise, when abused it's very dangerous, it's giving Satan a foothold into people's lives, you will find those involved in witchcraft, witches, satanists, warlocks, sorcerers, psychics, mediums, they don't have a problem with drugs being legalized, and a lot of them are recreational drug users themselves too, many sex workers are linked to drugs and criminal gangs that go killing others that owe drug debts.

So it's important we pray for people that they do not go down these dark paths, and if they are, it's important we pray that they will be brought to repentance and be set free by Jesus.

I hope this is an eye-opener for some, because some Christians do not realize how dark these issues really are.

again you see this as a people should follow God thing, its not its a political thing. you can scream how right you are over and over its been done for over 30 yr.'s by Christians in the US, and not one ounce of headway or progress has been made politically, hence legally, has it?

Rome was a society of secular moral content also, much worse than today, (though they are working on it) but once the catholic church had hold of what should be believed religiously, had huge public influence the leaders within its influence, the political leaders, saw it to be politically expedient to comply legally. even after the fall or fading away of the Roman empire their influence remained intact for centuries later, even to where they would prosecute criminal and civil law, not to mention heresy, just about everywhere in Europe. right or wrong the Catholic church ruled with an iron fist.

such influence with the general public kept them in power and the public's behaviors in fear of prosecution, in line with church teachings.

not so today. the church does not have the influences with the general public, the public schools do, via science community, in concert with media's sense of what the public wants and wants to believe. in Galileo's day the science community and the church were enemies. and now the same enemy of the church has much more influence with the general public in what to believe is true then the church ever did. so why did the Lord let that happen? could it be that the Christian community is displeasing the Lord and like He did with Israel would let their enemies get the upper hand?

again you can cry evil doers all you want, but that isn't going to change the law, and as a matter of fact it doesn't save souls ether.

here's an example:

Exo 16:3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

these people who cried to Moses didn't value what God values or Moses values. they saw no value in being out in the desert or going somewhere where they couldn't as they did in Egypt. just as the girl or woman that doesn't value what you value. now in the context of the agreement known as the constitution your trying to force her to value what you value. and calling them murderers isn't changing any minds nor any laws is it?

this life, without Christ, is all they have, and your telling them they should loss it for your values. and what; are you going to force them to worship your God so they will comply to your values? if you do, then you've broken the agreement of the constitution, and that is real immorality.

if these people value what you value then conviction is no problem to encourage repentance, but your God's approval isn't what they value, is it?

hence the real problem is why don't they value what you value or more importantly for their sakes what the Lord values.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. As John Quincy Adams once said, "Duty is ours and results are Gods". So I will keep praying and sharing to try and encourage people to choose life and to not have abortions. We have adopted children and they are a blessing from God. Hopefully others in the church will be encouraged to do the same. That would really get people's attention if every church in the US would even have 1 family that would take in a foster child and the rest would support them. That would have more impact than all the sermons put together. God bless you!

What is missing from this thread is the Fact that God Created Adam, Right, and then God Gave Adam Full Authority pertaining to this world, Right, now the Serpent deceived Eve and Adam was right there, Right, So Adam Disobeyed, Right, Now the Serpent has Full Authority pertaining to this World. Jesus never refuted Satan when He Said! I will Give all this, the riches of the world to whom I chose, if you will bow down and worship Me. Paul also said that Satan was the god of this Age. so from before to this day Satan is the soul Authority of this world, and so we have Satan to blame for the wickedness within our world. Jesus defeated Him at the Cross, But Jesus has yet to reclaim the Deed to this world as described in the book of the Revelation. people have for century's ask why does God allow such suffering, God is a just God! Satan bring's forth Suffering. And Child Sacrifice was a big thing for Pagan worship. I hope you get the picture. read Revelation where the Lamb removes the seal's from the Title deed to this world.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

100% Amen, Supreme Court Justice Kennedy will soon retire, one more "Neil Gorsuch" appointment, making a 5/4 conservative majority and the Liberal agenda is dead for 15-20 years possibly longer.

Liberal Justice Ginsburg is 85 and has fought cancer recently, if she goes in the next 2 years it could be a 6/3 majority.

I fully agree we could see a reversal in Roe V Wade, Also Obergefell v Hodges In the Near Future.

Bermuda recently reversed Same Sex Marriage, I Think the conservative trend is gaining momentum.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree 100%, the issue of abortion, same sex marriage, 2nd amendment gun ownership, supreme court appointments "Neil Gorsuch"?

On those issues alone he's got my 2020 vote!

How could a human being condone a woman saving a whale on Sunday And Aborting A Child On Monday?

Reactions: Josho