"Pentecostal" good and bad.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I have tried to explain the gifts and tongue on other threads and it is no use for those that try here. My conclusion is that those that do not believe, do not experience it. Our interpretation of the Bible are not the same and we both can not be right in this instance. What God has given me you that do not believe, can not take it away by your unbelief. God has confirmed in me the truth. As for as the thread, I do not know what Pentecosts believe, but my understanding of scriptures is that it is there for those that desire it, and have the Holy Spirit living within them.

Jan 26, 2008
(setfree;35009)
I have tried to explain the gifts and tongue on other threads and it is no use for those that try here. My conclusion is that those that do not believe, do not experience it. Our interpretation of the Bible are not the same and we both can not be right in this instance. What God has given me you that do not believe, can not take it away by your unbelief. God has confirmed in me the truth. As for as the thread, I do not know what Pentecosts believe, but my understanding of scriptures is that it is there for those that desire it, and have the Holy Spirit living within them.
I have never spoken in tongues but I believe that some have though it isn't nescessary to recieve the Holy Spirit. Even though I have never spoken in tongues I am still receiving of The Holy Spirit and the gifts given to me, but more important than the measure of gifts is the measure of holiness the Spirit imparts to you. I am kept a Holy man by God. I would live in consant sin if not for The Holy Spirit, my sins that once had broken me are now under His control, and the only way to sin is to walk away. He loves us enough to grant us the power to conquer sin and even with out an unknown tongue I know He is in me,and I in Him.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I realize that setfree but I wont stop teaching what it says you believe what you will but thats different that saying the Word teaches it it does not there is no misunderstanding of what it says just misinterpting I wouldnt care except I believe this to be evil spirits masqurating as spirits of lightSo do what you must as I will God Bless

tmlee

Jan 28, 2008
(thesuperjag;34968)
I'm not the one that builds up a faith that is laid down on a sand here.Acts 2:6 - Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.Acts 2:8 - And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?Acts 2:9-11 - Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
There are two types of tongues in the Bible. Those which are actual known tongues and those which unknown tongues. Speaking in known tongues has been talked about throughout this post. Besides this, Paul talks about speaking in tongues which are unknown to man. 1Corinthians 14:1-4 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.Paul is not talking about a known tongue here. He is talking about the tongues which are not known to man. They are between the person saying them and God. In verse 14 Paul says that if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. On the day of Pentecost we see people speaking in comprehensible languages to minister to those people of other languages. Later we see Paul talking about praying in the spirit in another type of tongue, a prayer language. These are the tongues which are being argued about. Paul refers to them in 1Corinthians 13 verse 1 again when he says I speak with the tongues of men and of angels. In chapter 12 verse 28 he talks about spiritual gifts and talks about diversities of tongues. Paul also explains how tongues were to be used in worship. 1Corinthians 14 beginning with verse 26 explains this. 1Corinthians 14: 26-28 How is it then brethren? When ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter; let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. Further down in 39-40 Paul says; Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak in tongues. Let all things be done decently and in order. Again, the Bible talks about two types of tongues. Those which are actual known tongues, and those which are an unknown spiritual language between that person and God. The first type is not really needed anymore because there are Christians in every nation who already know the language to minister to people. But the other type is still here. Just like gifts of prophesy, healing, interpretation and all the other spiritual gifts that God promises to anyone who will RECEIVE them.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes there are two one understood by all at the same time and is that of Pencost day has nothing to do with 1 Cor. which is translated forgein languages

Jan 26, 2008
(kriss;35008)
THATS EXACTLY THE POINT THE WORD UNKNOWN IS NOT IN THE MANUSCRIPTS it never was in the book/Bible it is added by men thats why it is most often in Parenthesesand the word tongue is the greek word Glossa the defintion of the word is lanuages of other nations (forgeign langues) it does not say anything about unknown or muttering it simply says if you speak a differnt Language and no one understands you you speak mysteries. If I speak the gospel to you in Chinese will you understand me??????????
Better stick with the Holy Word as imparted to us. God is an all powerful Spirit and I really do not believe that men could ever destroy His word. The Holy Bible, KJV, is His word to say otherwise is blasphemy of The Holy Ghost. To have an air of Godliness and limit His power at the same time is talked about here, 2 Timothy 3:5. God is not the author of confusion, our own blindness has confused us. 1 Corinthians 14:33.Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

tmlee

Jan 28, 2008
(kriss;35013)
I realize that setfree but I wont stop teaching what it says you believe what you will but thats different that saying the Word teaches it it does not there is no misunderstanding of what it says just misinterpting I wouldnt care except I believe this to be evil spirits masqurating as spirits of lightSo do what you must as I will God Bless
Ok, I am not on board with you at all....but say your right. Lets say Satan has a grip on the Pentecostal church. Are we all going to Hell? We accept salvation through Jesus Christ just as you do. We worship different than you....BIG DEAL. If Satan has such a grip on the Pentecostal church, then he is doing a really crappy job. People like Benny Hinn are going to countries all over the world and saving souls for Christ. He would fall into the classification of a Pentecostal i am pretty sure. Evil is Evil....Good is Good. What evil is the Pentecostal church doing?????? We learn about Jesus just as you do....we get taught the same lessons and sermons but our prayer life is different than yours or our worhsip style is slightly different so all the sudden our church is being controlled by evil. There are demons every where....but i dont think they are running my church.

Jan 26, 2008
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. Epistle of James 1:27. No building houses God but, our bodies are the temple now. Poor mis guided people seeking church in buildings, and denominations, and works in the name of "religion". The true church has dis-banded and scattered at the wolves entrance into it. We still hear His voice and seek one another out for edification, but we hear His voice only, all others are easily discernable by the Spirit of Truth that is in us. Amen praise Him for ever His wisdom is above all!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(tmlee;35019)
Ok, I am not on board with you at all....but say your right. Lets say Satan has a grip on the Pentecostal church. Are we all going to Hell? We accept salvation through Jesus Christ just as you do. We worship different than you....BIG DEAL. If Satan has such a grip on the Pentecostal church, then he is doing a really crappy job. People like Benny Hinn are going to countries all over the world and saving souls for Christ. He would fall into the classification of a Pentecostal i am pretty sure. Evil is Evil....Good is Good. What evil is the Pentecostal church doing?????? We learn about Jesus just as you do....we get taught the same lessons and sermons but our prayer life is different than yours or our worhsip style is slightly different so all the sudden our church is being controlled by evil. There are demons every where....but i dont think they are running my church.
Yeah, I belong to those evil,evil. pentecostals as well. I must be totally demon posessed. Total evil, while praying in tongues edifying myself, straight link to God, but.... evil. :eek: 1 Cor:14:2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to GOD. Indeed NO ONE understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit. If I would speak worldly language,someone would understand it. I'm filled with the Holy Spirit, why would God give me HIS gift through the Holy Spirit and use it in me wrong way for evil, that would be very contradicting from His part.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are told not to talk what can not be understood in church 1 cor. 14:28 that if one can not understand what they are saying you have no way of knowing if you are saying blashmous things or not and that the only muttering spoken in scripture is of familiar spirits. You may very well know you are saved But you have know idea about the person next to you they can be inviting evil in and your church and you would never know This is why we are told to never speak without an interperter, if you dont know what you are saying you better off to keep quite. I have met people just as passtionate as you guys about talking tongues and they admitt they are sinners some are even homosexualsbut my point is that how can it be a gift when it is given to sinners and saved alike? many Pentcostal churchs teach start babbling and then you will be saved so again they say God gives gifts to those that are not saved that after they just start babbling they will be saved??? Where does scripture say this??? I do not know what your church teaches but God never says start muttering and then Ill give you some gift I never called anyone evil I said I believe these could be just as likely be evil spirits. there is no way to judge without understanding. And edify self is not nessaiarly a good context here God says go out and preach the Good news in their native languages and if you do not speak their language your preaching may make you feel good but it does nothing for the person you are wittnessing too this is what edify self means in this context you are doing it for yourself not for the good of others

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Ronnie seeks His face;35012)
I have never spoken in tongues but I believe that some have though it isn't nescessary to recieve the Holy Spirit. Even though I have never spoken in tongues I am still receiving of The Holy Spirit and the gifts given to me, but more important than the measure of gifts is the measure of holiness the Spirit imparts to you. I am kept a Holy man by God. I would live in consant sin if not for The Holy Spirit, my sins that once had broken me are now under His control, and the only way to sin is to walk away. He loves us enough to grant us the power to conquer sin and even with out an unknown tongue I know He is in me,and I in Him.
:amen:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;35026)
You are told not to talk what can not be understood in church 1 cor. 14:28 that if one can not understand what they are saying you have no way of knowing if you are saying blashmous things or not and that the only muttering spoken in scripture is of familiar spirits. You may very well know you are saved But you have know idea about the person next to you they can be inviting evil in and your church and you would never know This is why we are told to never speak without an interperter, if you dont know what you are saying you better off to keep quite. I have met people just as passtionate as you guys about talking tongues and they admitt they are sinners some are even homosexualsbut my point is that how can it be a gift when it is given to sinners and saved alike? many Pentcostal churchs teach start babbling and then you will be saved so again they say God gives gifts to those that are not saved that after they just start babbling they will be saved??? Where does scripture say this??? I do not know what your church teaches but God never says start muttering and then Ill give you some gift I never called anyone evil I said I believe these could be just as likely be evil spirits. there is no way to judge without understanding. And edify self is not nessaiarly a good context here God says go out and preach the Good news in their native languages and if you do not speak their language your preaching may make you feel good but it does nothing for the person you are wittnessing too this is what edify self means in this context you are doing it for yourself not for the good of others
I agree with you 100% dear sister Kriss. :blessyou:

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(thesuperjag;34985)
Paul thanked God that He spake in more foreign tongues than all of us.Like Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Greek, Latin etc.This has nothing to do with unknown tongue as they don't exist at all period.Another thing, I rather speak five English words, rather thousands of words of foreign languages that I don't understand at all.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
What is the difference in adding foreign and unknown? They are both foreign(unknown) to the speaker.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
{j0dpdbrlwf;qmifbq0fjyefwmif;Vdtvhtewmif;yefoluljauMUuljulef; {jvBj[Unefrmefbmefrfwfj nefqkd0fjnefqfgjaourf;vlpfj/,Mbay{jrD;wmif;nefzdwf;uef;/[ufhyefuljau[ufhyefuljauauMUaourf;/nMjrdefj

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
I first went to First Baptist Church in LA. The pastor does not want to hear anyhting about the Holy Spirit. He even challanged a woman who talked about the Holy Spirit by saying, "show me where is your Holy Spirit. Let me see". Then I left this Church and went to Assemblies of God Church. I don't speak tongue as some of them do. The pastor did not like me because I don't speak tongue. So I left.Which Church should I go to?I believe in Trinity.I believe the baptism of the Holy Spirt, the fruit, the gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit. But I just don't speak tongue as AOG required. I cannot live with the Church that do not believe in Holy Spirit.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
kriss:have met people just as passtionate as you guys about talking tongues and they admitt they are sinners some are even homosexualsbut my point is that how can it be a gift when it is given to sinners and saved alike? with all respect to you kriss,Thunder1: Saved are sinners as well, just forgiven.I believe GOD is in control. he also has given the gift of discernment of the Spirit, those who already have one,use it !!! Those who don't, ask from God.kriss: I do not know what your church teaches but God never says start muttering and then Ill give you some gift Thunder1:It's about God, the Holy spirit... are you putting down the Holy Spirit,kriss?... it's not just start muttering and then.... it's one of the MANY gifts of the Holy Spirit. ... that sounds belittling to me, what you are saying. But whatever .God is in control.kriss:I never called anyone evil I said I believe these could be just as likely be evil spirits. there is no way to judge without understanding. Thunder1:foolisness to the world, like crucifiction of Jesus Christ. There is a Gift of discernment of the spirits. If it's a wrong spirit you would.kriss:And edify self is not nessaiarly a good context here God says go out and preach the Good news in their native languages and if you do not speak their language your preachingThunder1:Edifying oneself and preaching the gospel to other are totally different things. Why are you mixing them up?kriss: may make you feel good ...Thunder1:Is there a problem in that???kriss:but it does nothing for the person you are wittnessing too this is what edify self means in this context you are doing it for yourself not for the good of othersThunder1:I don't use that gift at the same time while witnessing to others. What would they understand? They are separate/different/apart from each other,totally different things.I've said, what I needed to say about this subject. The end.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Shan Missions;35051)
I first went to First Baptist Church in LA. The pastor does not want to hear anyhting about the Holy Spirit. He even challanged a woman who talked about the Holy Spirit by saying, "show me where is your Holy Spirit. Let me see". Then I left this Church and went to Assemblies of God Church. I don't speak tongue as some of them do. The pastor did not like me because I don't speak tongue. So I left.Which Church should I go to?I believe in Trinity.I believe the baptism of the Holy Spirt, the fruit, the gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit. But I just don't speak tongue as AOG required. I cannot live with the Church that do not believe in Holy Spirit.
And you are giving up so easily ??

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Shan Missions;35047)
{j0dpdbrlwf;qmifbq0fjyefwmif;Vdtvhtewmif;yefoluljauMUuljulef; {jvBj[Unefrmefbmefrfwfj nefqkd0fjnefqfgjaourf;vlpfj/,Mbay{jrD;wmif;nefzdwf;uef;/[ufhyefuljau[ufhyefuljauauMUaourf;/nMjrdefj
Good post. If only I could read it. :naughty:

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
Quote:Originally Posted by Shan Missions {j0dpdbrlwf;qmifbq0fjyefwmif;Vdtvhtewmif;yefolulja uMUuljulef; {jvBj[Unefrmefbmefrfwfj nefqkd0fjnefqfgjaourf;vlpfj/,Mbay{jrD;wmif;nefzdwf;uef;/[ufhyefuljau[ufhyefuljauauMUaourf;/nMjrdefj Good post. If only I could read it. (Wakka;35063)
Good post. If only I could read it. :naughty:
So you see! what is the other tongue all about!You read the letters but you don't understand. This is my mother tongue called Shan language.May I interpret for you. It means "may the Holy Spirit lead you to understand the truth, do not fight, but love one another. Amen"That is the meaning.Likewise, if some one speaks other tongue, you'll hear it but not understand it and what is the use of it.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(Thunder1;35057)
And you are giving up so easily ??
No I don't give up easily. I attended this First Baptist Church for one year and this AOG church for two years.