Pentecostalism History tidbits

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice there are several others I do not see on here today as well but then, some I do have on ignore :(

I've got more people on ignore than I ever imagined I would! And I even unignore people to check in on their posting, and I Still have a slew on ignore!

Much love, in portions!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got more people on ignore than I ever imagined I would! And I even unignore people to check in on their posting, and I Still have a slew on ignore!

Much love, in portions!

I must say, since I have started to ignore those who tear down rather than edify...this is a much lovelier place again ♥

B

Butterfly

No, no, that is not right. I always think when I think that I need to think to ensure that I think what I think is maybe unthinkable until I realize that what I think is what others think so I can safely think that it is OK to think what I think so I feel quite safe in thinking what I think is the right thing to think.

Very well put.

Did you by any means used to watch Nigel Hawthorne in the British TV show.."Yes Minister". :D

He was so good at it!!
Lol must admit that sounds like it could have come from ' yes Minister' or ' Yes Prime minister ' such funny programmes xx

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really liked those series...they are truer than they appear, to real life... :)

My fav one is where Hawthorn is proving that anyone can get any result they want from a survey...and he showed it, by changing the questions. Clever and true. And the common market one, was "right on".

Reactions: farouk and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My fav one is where Hawthorn is proving that anyone can get any result they want from a survey...and he showed it, by changing the questions. Clever and true. And the common market one, was "right on".

I have been looking at some of their quotes

"Hacker: “Why can’t ministers go anywhere without briefs?”

Bernard: “It’s in case they get caught with their trousers down.” :D :D :D MY kind of humor! I now have something new to watch on YouTube, tanx 6653_c483280d270f8cf1e5364780ba23ae50.gif

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will have to look for this one on YouTube...I bet I can find it!
"Emulsified High-Fat Offal Tube.” --- new name for English sausage...Hahahaha! I do not care for sausage of ANY kind...it could be virtually anything at all!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will have to look for this one on YouTube...I bet I can find it!

Ever since I heard that episode back a hundred years ago...I have never believed in polls.

Hawthorn is showing Bernard that he can get both answers from him, "for and against" Army conscription. So yes, look for it. He proves how crooked polls are by biasing the questions.