Pentecostalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying God invented all those practices?

The practice of laying on of hands by God was from Him.

Again, are you saying God used pagan practices. Swim backwards more, crawfish.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably it came from God.

A weak statement at best.

God did not adopt pagan practices. The laying on of hands was from Him as has been shown you. This is both Old and New Testament.

It is therefore a legitimate practice in the Church today.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Gee whiz, you got a link. That proves you have nothing. You don't have the slightest idea which is why you have to present a link.

That's why you got yourself in trouble. You don't know what you are talking about.

Stranger
All you have presented his opinion. And done so poorly, proving nothing.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have presented his opinion. And done so poorly, proving nothing.

Whose opinion?

See post #(66).

You're nothing but an internet knowledge wannabe. You think you can impress by shifting attention to an internet link. The knowledge is not your own as you cannot stand the rigor of debate. You fold like cheap wet wash rag.

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose opinion?

See post #(66).

You're nothing but an internet knowledge wannabe. You think you can impress by shifting attention to an internet link. The knowledge is not your own as you cannot stand the rigor of debate. You fold like cheap wet wash rag.

Stranger
You still have offered zero proof of your claim.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have offered zero proof of your claim.

See post #(66).

It silenced your claim that God did not institute the laying on of hands in the Old Testament, with Israel. It proved you a liar. Now you say I offer no proof. Another lie.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It did not.

Sure it did. It silenced your claim in post #(47). So now all you can offer is 'it did not'. You're like a school kid with nothing to offer.

You're nothing but a shell empty of anything of your own.

Stranger

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Gee whiz, you got a link. That proves you have nothing. You don't have the slightest idea which is why you have to present a link.

That's why you got yourself in trouble. You don't know what you are talking about.

Stranger
You seriously believe that?????
So if someone gives a book reference when they are writing paper that means they know nothing at all on the subject matter????

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seriously believe that?????
So if someone gives a book reference when they are writing paper that means they know nothing at all on the subject matter????

When you can't support your argument with nothing more than 'it did not' which itself is a lie, yes. If you write a paper and say nothing but exactly what the people you reference say, then yes.

In other words, when you can't defend your position, then it is not your knowledge. You're a pretender at the mercy of others.

Stranger

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue: "Kundalini means false Holy Spirit."
You seem to have a cultic mindset. Look the word up:
"Kundalini" (in yoga) "latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine."
Did you put yet another thread on Pentecostalism in a section for non-Christians because you admit you nicely fit the first and wnd century definition of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? Or have you even studied up on what this sin is?
CoreIssue: "Kundalini is now pervasive in Pentecostalism."
LOL. :rolleyes: So you're claiming the Pentecostals view the Holy Spirit as female and practice Yoga to tap into Her power? Duh!
Kundalini is not "latent" female energy. It is a demonic spirit that that is also referred to as a " coiled snake" .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laying on of hands is Biblical. Why do you reject it?

Stranger
Charismatics lay on hands to transfer "anointings" a passing on of the "mantel" - or to they put hands on someone and "ask for the fire of the Holy Spirit to come down" These things are very questionable practices and have passed on false spirits by these practices.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charismatics lay on hands to transfer "anointings" a passing on of the "mantel" - or to they put hands on someone and "ask for the fire of the Holy Spirit to come down" These things are very questionable practices and have passed on false spirits by these practices.

You questioned what I said. Go back and reread. I supported all I have said.

Stranger

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you can't support your argument with nothing more than 'it did not' which itself is a lie, yes. If you write a paper and say nothing but exactly what the people you reference say, then yes.

In other words, when you can't defend your position, then it is not your knowledge. You're a pretender at the mercy of others.

Stranger
I think you don't like that these links are like Light in the darkness and they probably contradict your beliefs about these practices. You can't claim that just because someone posts a link that it means they don't know anything about the subject matter. That is just silly. I have researched this subject matter , I've seen first hand and I've found many resources that speak on this issue. If I post a link it doesn't mean I don't know anything.
I've attended Charismatic churches for almost 2 yrs. I've seen some of the practices that they said was the Holy Spirit, but they look more like forms of paranormal or psychic phenomena then anything that is testified in the Bible.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You questioned what I said. Go back and reread. I supported all I have said.

Stranger
I did read it. I think you just don't like CoreIssue & what he contends for so it was an attempt to discredit him personally. I guess you can't just defend your view.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you don't like that these links are like Light in the darkness and they probably contradict your beliefs about these practices. You can't claim that just because someone posts a link that it means they don't know anything about the subject matter. That is just silly. I have researched this subject matter , I've seen first hand and I've found many resources that speak on this issue. If I post a link it doesn't mean I don't know anything.
I've attended Charismatic churches for almost 2 yrs. I've seen some of the practices that they said was the Holy Spirit, but they look more like forms of paranormal or psychic phenomena then anything that is testified in the Bible.

Just because you say you have 'seen' the false, doesn't mean the real doesn't exist.

I wasn't talking to you....so you have entered upon another's situation. CoreIssue has shown me nothing but what I described. And, he lies in his presentation. So if you want to identify with his lies, then you become a liar also. Do you?

I suggest you stand on your own merit.

Stranger