Pentecostalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Eastern mysticism people seek to open themselves up to be possessed by ascended Masters.

Those entered are called golums.

I urge you to consider the information on this thread. You should see how all this relates to each other and the dangers in it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many people Pentecostalism is feelings based.

But they do not realize that is true for many religions.

An example is Mormonism says proof of what they believe is because her heart tells them so.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I urge every, in or out of Pentecostals, to turn to your Bibles.

I posted a lot of good information here but the final bottom line is you need to prove it for yourself.

If you cannot find what you're looking at solidly stated in the Bible it is not real.

Gifts are still given. But the occult and others believe the same thing about what they are taught this area.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed one of the members is really pushing Pentecostalism.

He brags about his gifts.

Anybody reading his material and in reading this thread to see exactly where he ties in to the truth.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue: "Kundalini means false Holy Spirit."

You seem to have a cultic mindset. Look the word up:
"Kundalini" (in yoga) "latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine."
Did you put yet another thread on Pentecostalism in a section for non-Christians because you admit you nicely fit the first and wnd century definition of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? Or have you even studied up on what this sin is?

CoreIssue: "Kundalini is now pervasive in Pentecostalism."
LOL. :rolleyes: So you're claiming the Pentecostals view the Holy Spirit as female and practice Yoga to tap into Her power? Duh!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue: "Kundalini means false Holy Spirit."

You seem to have a cultic mindset. Look the word up:
"Kundalini" (in yoga) "latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine."
Did you put yet another thread on Pentecostalism in a section for non-Christians because you admit you nicely fit the first and wnd century definition of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? Or have you even studied up on what this sin is?

CoreIssue: "Kundalini is now pervasive in Pentecostalism."
LOL. :rolleyes: So you're claiming the Pentecostals view the Holy Spirit as female and practice Yoga to tap into Her power? Duh!
Yoga is an Eastern spiritual practice. Just because it is now used as exercise primary does not change its foundational facts.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

I am 56 years old and can remember back....

Civil War Generation - Only through research
World War I Generation - My Great Grandmothers
World War II Generation - My Grandmothers

And with my religion...

The Methodist - Were at their best during the Civil War Generation
The Pentecostal Holiness -Were at their best during the World War generations

The Pentecostal Holiness arose from the Methodist church of the 1800's and the methods of service were exactly like the Methodist of that time. It would be nice to go back in time and sit with the old timers at the Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church. Old Evans Linkous used to sit on the front pew and weep like a baby. And if he looked back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls blessed and laid out like dead men around the altar. To the old timers the religion was accompanied with a, "Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!" You can hear Dallas shouting in the background in the video below. Dallas, Evans, and the singer, Preacher Vaught, have all moved on to Glory.
View attachment 252125

There was also a spirit here in Virginia like in the old Walton reruns, in which my family would all "good night" us as we were all put to bed. The revival type atmosphere died away with the old World War II generation.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. - Matthew 24:12

I worry, because virtue is not knowledge, that the love, warmth, hope, and goodness will basically dissipate away.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

I am 56 years old and can remember back....

And with my religion...

The Methodist - Were at their best during the Civil War Generation
The Pentecostal Holiness -Were at their best during the World War generations

The Pentecostal Holiness arose from the Methodist church of the 1800's and the methods of service were exactly like the Methodist of that time. It would be nice to go back in time and sit with the old timers at the Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church. Old Evans Linkous used to sit on the front pew and weep like a baby. And if he looked back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls blessed and laid out like dead men around the altar. To the old timers the religion was accompanied with a, "Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!" You can hear Dallas shouting in the background in the video below. Dallas, Evans, and the singer, Preacher Vaught, have all moved on to Glory.
View attachment 252125

There was also a spirit here in Virginia like in the old Walton reruns, in which my family would all "good night" us as we were all put to bed. The revival type atmosphere died away with the old World War II generation.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. - Matthew 24:12

I worry, because virtue is not knowledge, that the love, warmth, hope, and goodness will basically dissipate away.
I do not know what your point is regarding the thread topic.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know what your point is regarding the thread topic.

I can remember believing all things Pentecostal unbelievable and of the devil.... Until I fell in with the Pentecostal Holiness and experienced these things for myself.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady in our church speaking in tongues. I left that service in refreshed and clean spirits.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can remember believing all things Pentecostal unbelievable and of the devil.... Until I fell in with the Pentecostal Holiness and experienced these things for myself.
I am 68 years old, so I remember farther back than you.

Pentecostalism did not begin until about 1900.

What is shown in those video is widespread and definitely not Christian.

I've saved Pentecostalism destroyed people's lives.

One friend was in it and it was tearing them apart. So we talked a lot and he left. Became a rocksolid Christian.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So I could be your grandmother!! My younger daughter is 56!!! LOL

I remember sitting on my grandpa's lap. ( back in England)
He lost half his arm in the Boar War, a bullet went UP the barrel of his rifle.
( do you remember reading of that war?)

All my uncles were in World War 1

My dad was in World War 11.

I was only 3 but remember some things from the war days in England.
There was a bomb site near our house.

My dad and us too, were Pentecostal Holiness ...in the 60's.
Saw many healings...real ones ones that didn't vanish.