People and dinosaurs did not exist at the same time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
DaDad said:
I'm still not sure why you ask for dinosaur evidence, but ignore what is provided. Again,-- are you interested, or not?

DaDad
It's just that, I've kind of realized something. That, regardless of scientific evidence, people aren't going to believe it. But, I still feel the need to understand where other people are coming from in their arguments, and I personally find it interesting how people reject modern science.

Oh yeah the Ica Stones thing, here read this:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/ica_stones_yabba-dabba-do/
http://www.crystalinks.com/icastones.html

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
snr5557 said:
Oh yeah the Ica Stones thing, here read this:
YOU asked for evidence which I provided. You still have not answered exactly how history records these artifacts during the 1500's, but apparently would suggest that they are modern forgeries.

Perhaps you are better informed watching cartoons.

DaDad

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
DaDad said:
YOU asked for evidence which I provided. You still have not answered exactly how history records these artifacts during the 1500's, but apparently would suggest that they are modern forgeries.

Perhaps you are better informed watching cartoons.

I know, I asked. I'm still asking actually. I'll find the evidence tomorrow, watching a movie right now.

Not cartoons, a scary movie. I did explain the confusion didn't I?

DaDad

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Yes they did exist with people.

and if you don't like it all reach in to my diaper

and throw something at you.

and that something won't be fossilized either!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Whew, a tough audience.

I guess the demographics suggest a lot of opinion, but very little information.

Has anyone offered an explanation for the three accounts in the 1500's?
Has anyone expanded the conversation to include human and "dinosaur" tracks in the same mud?
Has anyone considered the implication of Job 40:15-24 and the ENTIRE Chapter 41?

15 “Behold, Be′hemoth,
which I made as I made you;
he eats grass like an ox.
16 Behold, his strength in his loins,
and his power in the muscles of his belly.
17 He makes his tail stiff like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like bars of iron.

19 “He is the first of the works of God;
let him who made him bring near his sword!
20 For the mountains yield food for him
where all the wild beasts play.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
in the covert of the reeds and in the marsh.
22 For his shade the lotus trees cover him;
the willows of the brook surround him.
23 Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened;
he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth.
24 Can one take him with hooks,
or pierce his nose with a snare?

“Can you draw out Levi′athan with a fishhook,
or press down his tongue with a cord?
2 Can you put a rope in his nose,
or pierce his jaw with a hook?
3 Will he make many supplications to you?
Will he speak to you soft words?
4 Will he make a covenant with you
to take him for your servant for ever?
5 Will you play with him as with a bird,
or will you put him on leash for your maidens?
6 Will traders bargain over him?
Will they divide him up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill his skin with harpoons,
or his head with fishing spears?
8 Lay hands on him;
think of the battle; you will not do it again!
9 Behold, the hope of a man is disappointed;
he is laid low even at the sight of him.
10 No one is so fierce that he dares to stir him up.
Who then is he that can stand before me?
11 Who has given to me, that I should repay him?
Whatever is under the whole heaven is mine.

12 “I will not keep silence concerning his limbs,
or his mighty strength, or his goodly frame.
13 Who can strip off his outer garment?
Who can penetrate his double coat of mail?
14 Who can open the doors of his face?
Round about his teeth is terror.
15 His back is made of rows of shields,
shut up closely as with a seal.
16 One is so near to another
that no air can come between them.
17 They are joined one to another;
they clasp each other and cannot be separated.
18 His sneezings flash forth light,
and his eyes are like the eyelids of the dawn.
19 Out of his mouth go flaming torches;
sparks of fire leap forth.
20 Out of his nostrils comes forth smoke,
as from a boiling pot and burning rushes.
21 His breath kindles coals,
and a flame comes forth from his mouth.
22 In his neck abides strength,
and terror dances before him.
23 The folds of his flesh cleave together,
firmly cast upon him and immovable.
24 His heart is hard as a stone,
hard as the nether millstone.
25 When he raises himself up the mighty are afraid;
at the crashing they are beside themselves.
26 Though the sword reaches him, it does not avail;
nor the spear, the dart, or the javelin.
27 He counts iron as straw,
and bronze as rotten wood.
28 The arrow cannot make him flee;
for him slingstones are turned to stubble.
29 Clubs are counted as stubble;
he laughs at the rattle of javelins.
30 His underparts are like sharp potsherds;
he spreads himself like a threshing sledge on the mire.
31 He makes the deep boil like a pot;
he makes the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 Behind him he leaves a shining wake;
one would think the deep to be hoary.
33 Upon earth there is not his like,
a creature without fear.
34 He beholds everything that is high;
he is king over all the sons of pride.”

Yep, this is an enlightened audience.

DaDad

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I'm not sure where I stand on this one...Dino's very well could have been created on "day" 6, along with man. However, I'm not against the Gap theory either, it makes a lot of sense to me.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
lukethreesix said:
I'm not sure where I stand on this one...

Hi Luke3:6

I think the safest place to stand is with Scripture. But then again, I have no evidence, (i.e., Noah's flood), to contradict the geologists claim that it took 50M years of erosion to form the Grand Canyon. ;)

With Best Regards,
DaDad

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
DaDad said:
Whew, a tough audience.

I
33 Upon earth there is not his like,
a creature without fear.

Yep, this is an enlightened audience.

DaDad
Hi there. What are your thoughts on this verse specifically?

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
KingJ said:
Hi there. What are your thoughts on this verse specifically?
Hi King J,

When you hunt deer do they flee? Do you think Dinosaurs fled man? Swing that tail, raise those feet, utilize those teeth. Step forward, and let me know how it turns out for you.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Thanks. I was battling with the specific wording ''upon there is none like it' as in 'currently on earth they are not here'. But I see other translations like th NIV are clearer with ''Nothing on earth is its equal-- a creature without fear''.

This is definitely two fascinating chapters. 40 is describing an Apatosaurus and 41 a sea dragon of sort.

The popular theory that it is a large crocodile does not hold to every verse there. Definitely not a whale either.

Seeing it as satan doesn't hold water either as there is detail with regards to the description like the scales on the back in vs 23. And the obvious fact that it says leviathan, not satan.

The problem I have with believing we lived with dinosaurs is that a T-Rex has more survivability then a Dodo. Let alone this described leviathan. So either they were all destroyed at the flood and no eggs were kept by Noah, or they lived before mankind and those prior to the flood are just commenting / drawing pictures of fossils they dug up.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I have a hard time seeing mankind live among dinosaurs because of the sheer size of them ..... they could walk thru a village or forest and destroy it.

I am no expert ... but I know many skeletons of dinosaurs are found in Alberta Canada and N&S Dakota USA ..... I am wondering if mankind (at that time) was only on the European continent and not here in North America.

If dinosaur skeletons were found around Israel or the middle East my idea would not work .... most of our Old Testament record of human settlement comes from the Israel area and a few surrounding nations .... maybe the dinosaurs were "elsewhere"

Just some thoughts

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi KingJ & Arnie,

Thanks for an intelligent conversation.

One of the puzzles regarding dinosaur fossils is they are usually found in groups, and they're often headless. Thus the museums have to "correct" their configurations. So the question is: Why the groups and why headless?

An obvious solution is that during the flood many heads were torn from the bodies by the clastic flow of water and debris. And they finally come to rest in a side eddy without their own head, but another head settling nearby.

http://dinosaurs.about.com/bio/Bob-Strauss-36886.htm

The Most Important Dinosaur Bones

The Most Common Dinosaur Bones Studied by Paleontologists
By Bob Strauss

Oddly enough, the biggest dinosaurs of all--sauropods and titanosaurs--are often represented by headless fossils, since their relatively tiny noggins were easily detached from the rest of their skeletons.

http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO167.html

Headless Dino Skeleton Puzzles Palaeontologists
April 11 2003

Often when dinosaur skeletons are found, they are damaged or lots of bones are missing, but not this time. It's minus a head, but the rest is all there.
Dr Ed Jarzembowski, from Maidstone Museum, spoke to us about the skeleton. He said: "The head of the carcass is always the first thing that drops off, so somewhere out there is a head. If anyone finds it I'd like them to get in touch!"

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
DaDad said:
Hi Luke3:6

I think the safest place to stand is with Scripture. But then again, I have no evidence, (i.e., Noah's flood), to contradict the geologists claim that it took 50M years of erosion to form the Grand Canyon. ;)

With Best Regards,
DaDad
Kent Hovind (and others) have made a convincing argument that the Grand Canyon was most likely formed because of a huge mudslide type of event (after a flood for example)
He compared it to a modern example when mount St Helens erupted .... there were huge mudslides which made huge canyons and years later just a small stream of water flowed through it .... similar to the GC ..... IIRC the sides hardened up and look like thousands of years of rock layers .... where in reality they were formed in just a couple of days.

To believe the (well meaning) geologist who says the tiny Colorado River eroded the Grand Canyon over millions of years is hard to accept ..... besides it would have had to run uphill in the early days.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Arnie,

If one has no other point of reference, an otherwise absurd argument can sound convincing. However, I have Scripture to outline history, and I also have a GPR bedrock mapping of north central New Mexico which shows a horseshoe falls which receded approx. 30 miles from south of Santa Fe, with a deeper falls trench at south of Santa Fe which extends from the N.E. corner of the Sandias around to Bernalillo to receive the flow from the west, and culminates under Albuquerque. Of course it also shows how the Jemez plug dome crater apparently filled to the rim, and then cut reliefs around the rim with a prominent relief at the frijoles canyon.

And if we consider the Snake River, I believe the geologists had an excuse for that too.

Have you considered the prospect that there was a Noah's flood which included the Grand Canyon and contributing regions?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

PS Please note that sand has filled in most of the clastic damage.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Yes .... I lean toward the thought that the Grand canyon was a result of the (Noah) flood .... or flood waters retreating (to the ocean) (Baja)

On another note .... about geologists and scientists .... they wil poo-poo the story of Noahs flood .... yet in the next breath tell us most of North America was under water at one time.

When I quiz them on that I get some strange reactions ... :)

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Interestingly, even the Niagara Falls dates to the Flood, which might suggest that the great lakes were not formed yet and the regions were still fed by steam vents. But with the flood (I would propose occurred while the northern hemisphere was angled away from the sun) came glaciers in which the Russians are still recovering wooly mammoths with liquid blood.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woolly-mammoth-containing-liquid-blood-discovered-in-russia/

But lacking any independent perspective, I believe the geologist's claims and would never accuse them of falsifying the geological record for a hidden agenda. ;)

With Best Regards,
DaDad

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
I am still waiting for the verifiable, observable, repeatable, scientific proof that humans and dinosaurs did not coexist.

Me thinks the wait will be a long one.

Prove it you will, believe it I shall.