People and dinosaurs did not exist at the same time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I've met, not on this particular website, people who believe that dinosaurs and people coexisted.They didn't, dinosaurs had already been extinct.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Explain the scientific method that was used to determine that people and dinosaurs did not exist together.

If you need help with the scientific method just ask.
Pelaides, do you know the etymology of the word dinosaur?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've met, not on this particular website, people who believe that dinosaurs and people coexisted.They didn't, dinosaurs had already been extinct.
Not possible since God made all the animals in the first part of the sixth day Genesis 1:25. Then God made man [Adam and Eve] in the second part of the sixth day. Genesis 1: 27, 31.
Dinosaurs could not have become extinct [or died out] before the creation of Adam and Eve because death did not exist till after their fall. In essence, if God made all the animals including dinosaurs then Adam would have named them. Genesis 2:19.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Pelaides said:
I dont think there were dinosaurs on noahs ark,they would have sunk the boat
They could have been baby dinosaurs. But now you should make up your mind. You just got through saying they did not exist at the time of Noah's ark. That would be the reason they were not on the boat, not that they were too big. You seem to have conflicting ideas about this subject.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
Explain the scientific method that was used to determine that people and dinosaurs did not exist together.

If you need help with the scientific method just ask.
Pelaides, do you know the etymology of the word dinosaur?
The word Dinosaur I believe is greek in origin and means lizard or great lizard.
williemac said:
They could have been baby dinosaurs. But now you should make up your mind. You just got through saying they did not exist at the time of Noah's ark. That would be the reason they were not on the boat, not that they were too big. You seem to have conflicting ideas about this subject.
If you read the book of "Job" in the Bible,chapters 40 and 41 ,are about 2 creatures (the behemouth,and the leviathan)Both fit the descriptions of dinosaurs.
Angelina said:
Not possible since God made all the animals in the first part of the sixth day Genesis 1:25. Then God made man [Adam and Eve] in the second part of the sixth day. Genesis 1: 27, 31.
Dinosaurs could not have become extinct [or died out] before the creation of Adam and Eve because death did not exist till after their fall. In essence, if God made all the animals including dinosaurs then Adam would have named them. Genesis 2:19.

Their may have been another earth that existed before this one.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
snr5557 said:
Earlier I mentioned Noah could have carried a couple of dinosaur eggs on the ark if he wanted to ..... but I actually agree they were either extinct or God decided not to save them and they drowned in the flood.

Near where I live (Alberta Canada) we have some of the worlds best dinosaur archaeological digs .... it almost looks like they were buried in silt (flood) .... they are not all busted up from a comet strike or a huge asteroid strike .... there are even intact eggs in some places .... dinosaur poop too .

Man could have co-existed with dinosaurs for all we know .... but they would have drowned in the flood too .... there is some speculation that human tracks walked over dinosaur footprints in Texas , but hard to prove so far. They sure look like human footprints to me .... I have seen exact plaster casts of them.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Here is an article published on the website of the Christian Research Institute:

Maybe you’ve seen it on the Internet, the popular claim that human footprints have been discovered alongside dinosaur tracks in the Paluxy Riverbed of Glen Rose, Texas. It is argued that these footprints in stone prove that the world is six thousand years old and therefore dinosaurs existed contemporaneously with human beings. Intensive scrutiny, however, has caused many to abandon this pretext.

First, while footprints of three-toed carnivorous dinosaurs (tridactyls) are evidenced in stone, there is no compelling evidence for human footprints in the same time and space. Indeed, the prints are either too large to be human or questionable in origin.

Furthermore, some of the prints previously attributed to humans show claw marks consistent with three-toed tridactyls and inconsistent with five-toed humans.

Finally, many prints claimed to be human are little more than erosion patterns—an illustration of wish giving birth to reality.

Creationists who have questioned the Paluxy Riverbed prints are to be commended for following facts and tracks wherever they lead. As noted by the Institute for Creation Research in their Acts and Facts, “Scientists must always be willing to re-evaluate prior interpretations once new data becomes available. Creationists have rightly accused evolutionists of being close-minded on key issues, and we cannot afford to become like them in this respect. Jesus Christ claimed to be the Truth, and since we follow Him, we must be lovers of truth.”

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
The point here is that the word "dinosaur" is a relatively modern term. The bible speaks of large creatures with all the attributes of large dinosaurs and we still have "terrible lizards" today.

Assuming those who question the flood narrative are believers, do you also question a virgin birth or being risen from the dead? How could you not? But, alas, you do not.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
snr5557 said:
Hi snr557,

It's not peoples opinions which should matter, but the physical evidence.

You might want to do some research on the Ica Stones:

http://livingdinos.com/2011/07/are-the-ica-stones-fake-skeptics-under-fire/

... and more, for which most attempt to discredit the stones:

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/FoersterB8.php
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/259/jurassic_library_the_ica_stones.html
http://www.creationists.org/living-dinosaurs-inca-burial-stones-part-1.html
http://www.creationists.org/living-dinosaurs-inca-burial-stones-part-2.html

DaDad

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is just about every continent has cave drawings depicting men interacting with dinosaurs, not just mammoths and sabertooths.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Trivia: The largest known dinosaur is "Sue" ..... about 40 feet long and 14 feet high .... I always thought they were much bigger

Flood ??? ..... Scientists believe that this specimen was covered by water and mud soon after its death which prevented other animals from carrying away the bones. Additionally, the rushing water mixed the skeleton together. When the fossil was found, the hip bones were above the skull, and the leg bones were intertwined with the ribs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_%28dinosaur%29

Interesting topic .... I really dont know much about Dinosaurs but find it is a good question relating to creation - floods - and the age of the earth

Thank you.