People say you can not lose faith, God can't lose you, is that true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the text of Rev 2:10 below. Like all scripture, which I state or reiterate frequently, this scripture was NOT written to us but directly to the church in Smyrna and has a prophetic message for them. Although the message infers dire trouble in store for them which could include death, it still has application to us today. Will we be faced with what Jesus was indicating they were soon to face? Maybe, maybe not. If WE were to be persecuted unto death, would we be able to be faithful up to our very death and yet remain faithful and not renounce the Lord? Something to think long and hard about. That's the message in context and that's the way it could possibly apply to us as to them, truly unto death. But further application to us is, that we do our very best to remain faithful, not backsliding, not renouncing the Lord or denying him in any way under peer pressure or pressure from the government, etc. Remain faithful, attend services regularly, win souls, convert people, correct errant people, etc. That's remaining faithful unto death, and hope and pray along the way we are not challenged as those in biblical times were.

10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
It's like everything that I explained to you in post #302 just went right over your head. Your idea of remaining faithful equates to maintaining salvation by works. If you don't believe the gospel in the first place and have not yet received Christ through faith, then seeking to remain faithful through your best efforts to not backslide or renounce the Lord, win souls, convert people and correct errant people is futile.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must admit, when I was a new babe, I believed I had to be perfect as if I wasn’t , God would leave me, like you say, we can be deceived, but as we grow and mature in Christ.....we come to realise that the devil will do everything he can to sever our relationship with God.....
I felt the same way

I am talking more about those who said a sinners prayer and never repented. Or those who think they are saved by how good they are or the works they do…

Many people walk among us and we look and think they are saved also. I think we will be suprised who we see in heaven, and who we do not see in heaven we thought would be there

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I felt the same way

I am talking more about those who said a sinners prayer and never repented. Or those who think they are saved by how good they are or the works they do…

Many people walk among us and we look and think they are saved also. I think we will be suprised who we see in heaven, and who we do not see in heaven we thought would be there
I think you are right there...most definitely!.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps your theology is flawed.

King David was encouraged to sinned three times by Satan, and when he came to his senses after having committed those sins, he repented and was forgiven by God for those sins each time that he committed them. If King David had not repented, of the third sin he committed then he will experience the second death upon his judgement in the Great Throne Room because he will be considered to be no longer righteous.
Or perhaps your theology was flawed

David was called a man after Gods own heart. And God called him this knowing everything David was going to do. With Bathsheba and with her husband and all the wives he had and adulterous affairs.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I felt the same way

Many people walk among us and we look and think they are saved also. I think we will be surprised who we see in heaven, and who we do not see in heaven we thought would be there
Amen! Now in regard to the sinner's prayer, simply reciting a sinner's prayer will not accomplish anything on its own. I must have prayed the sinner's prayer 20 different times with Pat Robertson while watching the 700 Club when I was a teenager, yet nothing happened. Why? Because there was no repentance and faith. Such a prayer needs to include what a person knows, understands, and believes about their sinfulness and need for salvation, followed by repentance/faith.

For a person who comes to the realization that he is lost and in need of Jesus Christ to save him, he may only obtain salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. He needs to understand that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for his sins by His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary, was buried, and rose again the third day, and he needs to make a genuine and willful decision to totally trust in Jesus as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation in order to be saved. In doing this he is calling on the name of the Lord to save him. (Romans 10:13)

Now if subsequent to such a decision, the person would like to pray what some call a "sinner’s prayer," (calling on the name of the Lord to save him in prayer) he may do so, as long as he understands that it was his decision to change their mind and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation that apprehends his salvation and not simply reciting a prayer in of itself, as if it's a magical formula to recite a set of words, but prayer may be used to call upon the name of the Lord to be saved.

Pseudo-Christians out number genuine Christians by far. The faith of pseudo-Christians rests in how good they are based on the works they do. (Matthew 7:22-23; Luke 18:9-12) Genuine Christians trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation and not in their works. (Luke 18:13-14; Romans 4:5-6)

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Now in regard to the sinner's prayer, simply reciting a sinner's prayer will not accomplish anything on its own. I must have prayed the sinner's prayer 20 different times with Pat Robertson while watching the 700 Club when I was a teenager, yet nothing happened. Why? Because there was no repentance and faith. Such a prayer needs to include what a person knows, understands, and believes about their sinfulness and need for salvation, followed by repentance/faith.

For a person who comes to the realization that he is lost and in need of Jesus Christ to save him, he may only obtain salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. He needs to understand that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for his sins by His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary, was buried, and rose again the third day, and he needs to make a genuine and willful decision to totally trust in Jesus as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation in order to be saved. In doing this he is calling on the name of the Lord to save him. (Romans 10:13)

Now if subsequent to such a decision, the person would like to pray what some call a "sinner’s prayer," (calling on the name of the Lord to save him in prayer) he may do so, as long as he understands that it was his decision to change their mind and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation that apprehends his salvation and not simply reciting a prayer in of itself, as if it's a magical formula to recite a set of words, but prayer may be used to call upon the name of the Lord to be saved.

Pseudo-Christians out number genuine Christians by far. The faith of pseudo-Christians rests in how good they are based on the works they do. (Matthew 7:22-23; Luke 18:9-12) Genuine Christians trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation and not in their works. (Luke 18:13-14; Romans 4:5-6)

AGREE (partially) ! The sinners prayer is unscriptural nonsense and can't save anyone from anything.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or perhaps your theology was flawed

David was called a man after Gods own heart. And God called him this knowing everything David was going to do. With Bathsheba and with her husband and all the wives he had and adulterous affairs.

The question that you have not answered in your quoted rebuttal is: - "Why was King David said to be a man after God's own heart?"

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like everything that I explained to you in post #302 just went right over your head. Your idea of remaining faithful equates to maintaining salvation by works. If you don't believe the gospel in the first place and have not yet received Christ through faith, then seeking to remain faithful through your best efforts to not backslide or renounce the Lord, win souls, convert people and correct errant people is futile.
Yes, you're correct. Falsehood definitely goes right over my head

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread will be closed eventually done put in a request,

All the best to you all in love,
Matthew

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply don't believe the clear words of scripture because of predetermined bias that blinds you. Scripture is not hard to understand. God did not make it that way, however, man has. Goodbye.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not good to battle people

Just let them be…

God aint looking at your knowledge

He looking at your heart

Alwyas good to rememebr aint no one better trhan anyone else here

The only authority on the forums is the moderators - but God is the authority over spiritual matters, and he works ok the hearts and mind of those who are his by the spirit.

Jesus said God is spirit and those who worship him will worship in spirit and truth.

You can consider what man says but at the end of the day its you and God alone.

All the best,
Matthew

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question that you have not answered in your quoted rebuttal is: - "Why was King David said to be a man after God's own heart?"
Because he had faith in God

And like Abraham, God accounted it to him for righteousness..

Just because we have faith in God does not mean we will not sin or mess up.. Only a fool would think that

Reactions: mailmandan
Status
Not open for further replies.