People say you can not lose faith, God can't lose you, is that true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just trying to dialogue and see what people think or believe or the way they see things has been a good thing in my opinion.

Over 1,000 views in 4 days on this thread now perhaps it's time to move forward and let it die maybe?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the END of things, it matters not one whit what "I believe"; it must be what God says!

Repentance is the only entrance into the kingdom by Jesus. He said HE is the door, the way, the truth and the life.

Many are going to find their discipleship did not guite measure up to the word and be rudely awakened by their own self righteous ways.

We ALL must get to this place of, I am nothing, but he is everything, in our thinking or else there will be much loss.

We must measure our discipleship after Christ, whom said he ONLY came to " do the will of the Father" !

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what is understood,

Yes it wont matter “what one believes”

It will be did you trust God in faith, and did you love.

But what a person believes does matter to an extent and they seek out God for understand other wise the bible is a wasted material distributed pointlessly @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d.

There is no other way to really fortify faith if someone wants to. Other than by hearing the word itself.

Its alright in my opinion to seek out and challenge things.

Whats not alright is you hate johny sue because shes trans, or hate bobby joe because they disagree. Or consider them they cant be a christians because of xyz.

If a doctrine or something being shared doesnt lead to being loving they need to reassess.

The main subject here was pertaining to those “who give up and walk away from God and walk away from faith.”

It can happen.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humanity is fallible and is always seeking ways to justify self, this is the nature of sinful flesh.

We truly can stand in what God says for he alone is truth. Our words, our thoughts, or our beliefs are just that " ours".

They must be substantiated by his word, whether we accept it as belief or not. This is the cause of the many many different denominations in the world and is the greatest proponent of cults. Believe what I say or not......lol

Stripping away ALL, about what we are taught and accept as belief, what does God say?

I have seen here many times the phrase" the Spirit has shown me", when scripture has been twisted to attest to ones belief. Seen it said as well, " you lack understanding" "are indoctrinated" " calling others wrong" ect.

It is time we put away our denominations, put away our beliefs, our doctrines and stand on what and how the NT tells us to walk under grace in faith and obedience, otherwise this will be said to us.

Matthew 7:21-23
kjv
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On order for you to leave God. you would have to go where God is not.

God said he will never leave you. so wherever you go. there God is..

Psalms 139
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike
to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.

14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
All you have to do is reject Him like the infamous Bible Scholar Bert Erhman has done.
You act like it's impossible.
Hell, is completely full of people who REJECTED God one way or another.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your a SOUTHERN BAPTIST and believe salvation can be lost?

No baptist I ever met believed that, and I was raised baptist.

Paul did not contradict himself. he would not say you could lose salvation when he said over and over salvation is secure..

That he who began a good WILL COMPLETE it.

thats what Paul believed, DO you think paul lied. do you not believe this also?
I am no longer Baptist.
I know Calvin was a liar because nothing he claimed is fact and the Scripture proves it.
God cannot do anything we don't allow Him to do.
If you reject God, He, cannot do any more to help you.

Look at this Verse:

Mark 6:
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

If GOD, in Person, CANNOT HEAL and DO MIRACLES because of Lack of Faith/Belief/Rejection, then how can He do a good work in you if you stop believing/Reject Him?

This is the problem with Calvinism, they use ONE VERSE and build a Doctrine when there's many Verses that prove it WRONG!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am no longer Baptist.
I know Calvin was a liar because nothing he claimed is fact and the Scripture proves it.
God cannot do anything we don't allow Him to do.
If you reject God, He, cannot do any more to help you.

Look at this Verse:

Mark 6:
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

If GOD, in Person, CANNOT HEAL and DO MIRACLES because of Lack of Faith/Belief/Rejection, then how can He do a good work in you if you stop believing/Reject Him?

This is the problem with Calvinism, they use ONE VERSE and build a Doctrine when there's many Verses that prove it WRONG!

@GodisSpirit,

The whole of the bible needs to be taken in to consideration. Not just what one may want. That is why it is so important to encourage the reading of the word.

The bible is the only way to know more about God, Jesus, God's Chosen nation Israel, the new heavenly Jerusalem, and the nature of humans, and the nature of the spirit, and ... so many subjects found in there.

One bible just in suggestion to anyone if they are able to afford one is.

Short video just to see what it is like - its really a good bible, overall 10/10, though if you get an older version it will not be revised and updated but it is all still primarly the same but if you are older you may want a larger text, that is the only really bad side if anything.

The above is what I got and it was about 50$, and it was a NKJV, hardcover with double ribbon.

All the best, in Christ,
Matthew

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The statement that God will not lose you is true. The sad thing is that if we chose to lose God then God has no way of reversing our decision. However, God's Grace does allow us to repent while we are still drawing breathe so that we can live once more.

The question that we all need to answer is, "Will we be able to repent before it is too late to do so?"

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not cast off if one repents and is baptized. Is that your point?

I appreciate all of my brothers and sisters here who correct the scriptures. As I've said, what's the point in sharing them? Most Christians place their own theology before the word of God.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodisSpirit,

The whole of the bible needs to be taken in to consideration. Not just what one may want. That is why it is so important to encourage the reading of the word.

The bible is the only way to know more about God, Jesus, God's Chosen nation Israel, the new heavenly Jerusalem, and the nature of humans, and the nature of the spirit, and ... so many subjects found in there.

Short video just to see what it is like - its really a good bible, overall 10/10, though if you get an older version it will not be revised and updated but it is all still primarly the same but if you are older you may want a larger text, that is the only really bad side if anything.

The above is what I got and it was about 50$, and it was a NKJV, hardcover with double ribbon.

All the best, in Christ,
Matthew

Can you please share their version of Matthew 25:46?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate all of my brothers and sisters here who correct the scriptures. As I've said, what's the point in sharing them? Most Christians place their own theology before the word of God.
This sadly is very true !

May we search and see the fact that we have yet NOT arrived. We, any of us, can be wrong in what " we" think God is saying in his word!

We need desperately to lay aside the weight and sin that so easily besets us.......SELF!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement that God will not lose you is true. The sad thing is that if we chose to lose God then God has no way of reversing our decision. However, God's Grace does allow us to repent while we are still drawing breathe so that we can live once more.

The question that we all need to answer is, "Will we be able to repent before it is too late to do so?"
Hello @Jay Ross

Good question.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you please share their version of Matthew 25:46?
Patrick1966,

If a person would like a more literal word for word translation for study.

But this the verse in the NKJV,

image.jpg

I also would recommend for students of the bible Vines Hebrew and Greek Dictonary.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Patrick1966,

But this the verse in the NKJV,

View attachment 35218

I also would recommend for students of the bible Vines Hebrew and Greek Dictonary.

Thanks. The "everlasting punishment" is an inaccurate translation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Digging for gold is a very long process.

And those who are wanting to seek and study Gods word just to get to know it better.

I encourage anyone to know it takes time and its hard to deny our flesh to literally sit here and read this big old thing but its so worth it.

As long you are leanring truths and are set free in liberty and are loving God and loving others because you willingly desire to do the will of God, lead by the spirit.

How could you go wrong by trusting Him and seeking him out deligently?

@Patrick1966 oh no! A wrong word! That doesnt discredit the enriching value of studying the word of God! Age-during would be more accurate. But that type of mindset keeps people away from studying with all the griping and moaning over words, friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a significant error which has misled BILLIONS of people into believing that God tortures people FOREVER.
Thats just an opinion.

But to fight over this is bullcrap.

Why not encourage studying the word instead and when stuff like that comes up for individuals simply help them out?

I dont see that a whole lot on here at all…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All the best to out there who are curious about the bible, my encouragement is to study it, and the more yoh read that thing the better off you will be !!!!!

There is nothing more better than checking out the Gospels and the letters first and then go back to the old testament and Learn, grow and mature as you abide in Christ Jesus who is the vine!

Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

A person who loves themselves seek for wisdom and understanding!

All the best in Love,
Matthew

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats just an opinion.

But to fight over this is bullcrap.

Why not encourage studying the word instead and when stuff like that comes up for individuals simply help them out?

I dont see that a whole lot on here at all…

Sorry my brother. I will step out of your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.