People say you can not lose faith, God can't lose you, is that true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

What does the bible say about?

You can quote any passage you want to prove your point.

There are people who believe God chooses you and that is it. Nothing you ever even did to choose.

What are your thoughts about that?

Did you choose to accept God as a reality in faith? Or did God just choose you and you had nothing to do with it, and you are sanctified with no effort in allowing God to work in your heart and mind?

Some people do not even believe they have a free will.

However, whatever you express, you will not be condemned or looked down upon just because you may see differently than myself.

From my perspective, just claiming Jesus, doesn't mean anything. Just claiming faith doesn't mean anything, without works of love.

However ... what does the bible say?

Love to you,
Matthew

Reactions: ChristisGod

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reading Jesus' own words in John 5:36-40, when speaking to the Jews who wanted to murder Him, it is clear that these same Jews had the "ability" to choose/accept Jesus Christ, but rejected Him. They were UNWILLING to go to Jesus to be saved.

This is what the Bible Teaches, that ALL sinners have a clear CHOICE to either ACCEPT or REJECT the Gospel and Jesus as Saviour

NOT the FALSE teachings of the "Reformed/Calvinist/Humanist", etc, etc

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Biblical witness is mixed:

66 As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore. - John 6:68

10 For Demas, having loved this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. - 2 Timothy 4:10

10 At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. - Matthew 24:10

20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. - Matthew 13:20-21

22 But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail - Luke 22:32a

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. - John 10:27-29

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

So, we are players, and God is most definitely a player. God is sovereign, and Man is responsible. And real life is real life.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose me, I didn't choose Him. I had nothing to do with it. Jesus literally touched me, imputed salvation to me. He chose me. Halleluiah amen, and thank you Jesus.

Hello Rocker,

thank you for sharing what you believe in your heart,

Love you,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

66 As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore. -John 6:68

10 For Demas, having loved this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. -2 Timothy 4:10

10 At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. -Matthew 24:10

20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. -Matthew 13:20-21

22 But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail -Luke 22:32a

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. -John 10:28-29

So, we are players, and God is most definitely a player. God is sovereign, and Man is responsible. And real life is real life.

Good morning Lambano,

That is a lot evidences to consider, thank you for taking time to post them,

Love to you,
Matthew

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading Jesus' own words in John 5:36-40, when speaking to the Jews who wanted to murder Him, it is clear that these same Jews had the "ability" to choose/accept Jesus Christ, but rejected Him. They were UNWILLING to go to Jesus to be saved.

This is what the Bible Teaches, that ALL sinners have a clear CHOICE to either ACCEPT or REJECT the Gospel and Jesus as Saviour

NOT the FALSE teachings of the "Reformed/Calvinist/Humanist", etc, etc

Good morning ByGracethroughfaith,

Sometimes I feel so alone, but at the same time, the need to remind myself to go back to the word, and to study is probably of the most highest importance to learning and coming to know what is true, and what is not in a world that can that has many people with their own beliefs, and systems they may indulge with-in. From my perspective,

having not used anything in 11 days now - (always had trouble with meth and weed)

the thought came to my head literally could hear myself speaking without speaking,

(Is Jesus really the way the truth and the life), and it was temptation to either accept that, or reject it...

It felt like standing on the edge of a cliff, where light is seen, and fixing to drop back down into an abyss of darkness..

Thank you for your help, in love and in Christ,
Matthew

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Lambano,

That is a lot evidences to consider, thank you for taking time to post them,

Love to you,
Matthew
I've been through the Calvinist - Arminian wars and have the scars to show for it. The way I have to live is trusting in God's sovereignty while taking responsibility for my own actions. It's a paradox - and yet, Jesus dealt in paradoxes.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning ByGracethroughfaith,

Sometimes I feel so alone, but at the same time, the need to remind myself to go back to the word, and to study is probably of the most highest importance to learning and coming to know what is true, and what is not in a world that can that has many people with their own beliefs, and systems they may indulge with-in. From my perspective,

having not used anything in 11 days now - (always had trouble with meth and weed)

the thought came to my head literally could hear myself speaking without speaking,

(Is Jesus really the way the truth and the life), and it was temptation to either accept that, or reject it...

It felt like standing on the edge of a cliff, where light is seen, and fixing to drop back down into an abyss of darkness..

Thank you for your help, in love and in Christ,
Matthew
Dearest son,
You are NOT alone. I see and feel your pain.
My son and grandson were both addicts.
Son used heroin, grand uses meth / weed.
I know your struggle, believe me I know where you are.
I am holding you up in prayer that God will deliver you from this darkness that desires to drown and destroy you.
I am praying your hunger and desire for him is greater than the pull of the drugs.
Always on my heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dearest son,
You are NOT alone. I see and feel your pain.
My son and grandson were both addicts.
Son used heroin, grand uses meth / weed.
I know your struggle, believe me I know where you are.
I am holding you up in prayer that God will deliver you from this darkness that desires to drown and destroy you.
I am praying your hunger and desire for him is greater than the pull of the drugs.
Always on my heart.

Lamb,

Thank you for your encouraging words, and sorry to hear about your son and your grandson, prayers also for you and your family, maybe one day someone will come along in their life and it will get them really to think about what they are doing and they will have a complete turnaround, sister.

Love to you in Christ,
Matthew

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been through the Calvinist - Arminian wars and have the scars to show for it. The way I have to live is trusting in God's sovereignty while taking responsibility for my own actions. It's a paradox - and yet, Jesus dealt in paradoxes.

Lambano,

That is very true what you stated there about Jesus and his speaking of paradoxial statements, sometimes things are literal and somethings in the bible can be looked at figuratively, and then you also have the spiritual understanding as well.

All the best, in Christ,
Matthew

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamb,

Thank you for your encouraging words, and sorry to hear about your son and your grandson, prayers also for you and your family, maybe one day someone will come along in their life and it will get them really to think about what they are doing and they will have a complete turnaround, sister.

Love to you in Christ,
Matthew
I can only pray so Matthew, for my grandson anyway. My son passed 9 yrs ago this Nov. A born again believer in God. Praises to his holy name!
GOD IS TRULY THE DELIVERER.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamb,

My encouragement is to not give up or lose hope, a good thing Christian believers have is that direct connection through Yeshua, to the Father. Amen.

Love in Christ,
Matthew

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

66 As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore. -John 6:68

10 For Demas, having loved this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. -2 Timothy 4:10

10 At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. -Matthew 24:10

20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. -Matthew 13:20-21

22 But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail -Luke 22:32a

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. -John 10:27-29

Not it aint . you see contradictions . BUT had one simply read and love the scripture
it would have formed , rightly divided , into their minds and their hearts .
What seems as a contradiction , IS SIMPLY LACK OF UNDERSTANDING .
So , GET A SNORTFUL of the bible for YOURSELF and stay in it and read it FOR YOU and not through the lens
of other mens doctrines . cause not a word of it contradicts . This is Simply a lack of understanding on our part .
Get a snootful of some bible and just learn and learn and love and feast upon those holy words . WATCH what happens in time .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain Jesus' words in John 5:39-40
Jesus is giving the Pharisee's a lecture; and He tells them this;

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

Its simple isn't it. Jesus is saying the same thing in John 3:16. You have to believe in Him to have eternal life, but the Pharisee's aren't willing.

Reactions: MatthewG

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is giving the Pharisee's a lecture; and He tells them this;

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

Its simple isn't it. Jesus is saying the same thing in John 3:16. You have to believe in Him to have eternal life, but the Pharisee's aren't willing.

What Jesus says here is clearly against those who deny that ALL humans have FREE WILL.

Jesus does not say, "you are not able to come", but, "you are unwilling to come". Thereby showing that they COULD have CHOSEN to follow Jesus!

• Love

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Jesus says here is clearly against those who deny that ALL humans have FREE WILL.

Jesus does not say, "you are not able to come", but, "you are unwilling to come". Thereby showing that they COULD have CHOSEN to follow Jesus!
The Jews are God's chosen people. Jesus's relation to them as a people is different than you or I. All Israel will be saved.

Romans 11:26-27 -
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

What does the bible say about?

You can quote any passage you want to prove your point.

There are people who believe God chooses you and that is it. Nothing you ever even did to choose.

What are your thoughts about that?

Did you choose to accept God as a reality in faith? Or did God just choose you and you had nothing to do with it, and you are sanctified with no effort in allowing God to work in your heart and mind?

Some people do not even believe they have a free will.

However, whatever you express, you will not be condemned or looked down upon just because you may see differently than myself.

From my perspective, just claiming Jesus, doesn't mean anything. Just claiming faith doesn't mean anything, without works of love.

However ... what does the bible say?

Love to you,
Matthew

Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

I do not believe an unsaved person has a free will and believers are predestined by God. that however is a different topic for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.