People saying God is "taking them home"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
I have never been able to come to grips with the idea that God "takes people home" by having them suffer with cancer for 10 or more years, dying at the hand of a drunk driver at the wheel or other such horrific circumstance.Does God really decide when and in what manner our death with come about? Does he cause these things to happen to our loved ones or merely allow them to happen? Does he really plan to "take" one of his children "home" by allowing a drunk driver to kill them with a car?After having numerous family members die in such circumstances, I never found it comforting when other family, friends, or acquaintances explained it as God "taking them home". I have such a hard time believing that if God really needed them to be with Him that He would choose such cruel ways as car accidents and drawn out diseases when He could do it in a much more loving way. I would rather believe that the majority of death happens because of the sinful ways of the world. We are the ones who invent most of the things that cause cancer and other diseases, cars that kill people in accidents whether the driver is drunk or not, guns, bombs, mostly everything that people die from can be attributed to our (humans') own hands.I've been really struggling with this for a long time and would greatly appreciate others views on the subject.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I do think its both sometimes its just your time to go. But most often I think its our (the worlds) own sins as you say we do things that we know cause cancer and diease but ignore it because of profits ect.People dont follow Gods laws so they induldge in excess of achol and drugs ect.If we all followed the laws God gave us I think the death rate would be drastically reduced but man always thinks he knows better.That being said God does say to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lordso for the ones the world has taken from us take comfort that they are with God.

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
(Squeak;29118)
I have never been able to come to grips with the idea that God "takes people home" by having them suffer with cancer for 10 or more years, dying at the hand of a drunk driver at the wheel or other such horrific circumstance.Does God really decide when and in what manner our death with come about? Does he cause these things to happen to our loved ones or merely allow them to happen? Does he really plan to "take" one of his children "home" by allowing a drunk driver to kill them with a car?After having numerous family members die in such circumstances, I never found it comforting when other family, friends, or acquaintances explained it as God "taking them home". I have such a hard time believing that if God really needed them to be with Him that He would choose such cruel ways as car accidents and drawn out diseases when He could do it in a much more loving way. I would rather believe that the majority of death happens because of the sinful ways of the world. We are the ones who invent most of the things that cause cancer and other diseases, cars that kill people in accidents whether the driver is drunk or not, guns, bombs, mostly everything that people die from can be attributed to our (humans') own hands.I've been really struggling with this for a long time and would greatly appreciate others views on the subject.
Isaiah 55:8 -9 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. Whenever we attempt to bring God down into the human arena of understanding confusion reigns.When we lay down our will and take up His then we percieve what He's doing, and want what He wants. He's got a perfect plan and invites us to join Him. His way is the only way. btw-