People Under The Law Curse... And Under Grace Bless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
So cursed is everyone under the law... and Blessed is everyone under Grace...

But has anyone ever noticed that people who are under the law seem to want God to curse others that aren't? and people that are under grace want to bless others that aren't?

Has anyone ever met someone that is under the law and when you wouldn't submit to them they seem to want you to be cursed by God so you'll see that they're right?

Not sure if I'm making sense...

Maybe if we discuss it we can shed some light...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

But has anyone ever noticed that people who are under the law seem to want God to curse others that aren't? and people that are under grace want to bless others that aren't?

Has anyone ever met someone that is under the law and when you wouldn't submit to them they seem to want you to be cursed by God so you'll see that they're right?

What law are you referring to here? We are under some of the law yet.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
What Laws we're under sounds like a different topic and responding to that seems like it could seriously derail my intention... what I'm talking about is someone wanting you to experience curses so you can see they're right about whatever laws they think you should be following...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What will it take to get it through your heads. Us gentiles where never under the law. it was only ever given to the Jews. When Christ comleted His work, the Jews too, where removed from under the law, though they choose to stil live under it. THE LAW CANNOT SAVE YOU, unless of course you think you can do a better job then Jesus. We came to Christ after Christs resurection, under grace, read Acts 10.11. That was when the disciples where finally sent out to preach the gospel to the gentiles.

in His Love

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I think a lot of people get confused because Jesus said the Law wouldn't pass away until all is accomplished... until the Law was fulfilled... not realizing when He said, "It is Finished" that was the day that happened for Him and everyone in Him... the day He accomplished it for us ... the day He fulfilled the law...

It is FINISHED!!! in Him we have overcome... and yes... if you reject Him you haven't overcome... by saying you're still gonna do it by keeping the Law you've rejected Him... because you're still trying to accomplish what only He could... so just give up... because He's the only one that could and ever will accomplish it... haha

I think a super important thing to pay attention to in the bible is when Jesus told the people that some of them who were standing there wouldn't taste death tell they saw the Kingdom of God in power... and a couple days later some disciples saw that when they saw Jesus standing there with Moses and Elijah while Jesus shone in His glory... I think it's interesting that Jesus is the New Covenant, Moses represents the Law, and Elijah the prophets... when the disciple got all excited saying I'll make a tabernacle for Jesus, Moses, and Elijah basically making them equal a cloud came over them and God speaking said, "This is my beloved Son... hear Him" and then it was only Jesus standing there... only the New Covenant... the law and the prophets had vanished...

For me it's only Jesus... I don't care what the law says or the prophets because for me it's only Jesus standing there... and I hear Him alone because that's what my Father says to do!!!

Hope this blesses you...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
What will it take to get it through your heads. Us gentiles where never under the law. it was only ever given to the Jews. When Christ comleted His work, the Jews too, where removed from under the law, though they choose to stil live under it. THE LAW CANNOT SAVE YOU, unless of course you think you can do a better job then Jesus. We came to Christ after Christs resurection, under grace, read Acts 10.11. That was when the disciples where finally sent out to preach the gospel to the gentiles.

in His Love

Sorry mj, you and many others do not seem to know who Israel is although it has been explained to you a number of times. The majority of Israel lives in the Christian nations of the world. They are NOT all Jews, in fact, the "Jews," our brother Judah, only makes up a small percent of Israel.

Rob,
Your question can not be answered if you can not define what law you are talking about. The Ten Commandments are still very much in force. You still can't go around murdering people, or stealing from them, etc.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
It can be answered as simply as saying, "Yeah... I've had religious people say to me, "God's going to show you" because I wouldn't submit to their authority" That was my point... the same way they did to Jesus... He wouldn't submit to their religious authority so they pronounced God's curses on Him...

The only Commandment I'm under is to Love one another... obviously most of the commands are going to be fulfilled in that but Love is really the only Law... that's why Jesus could work on the sabbath... because Love is the greatest Law... the sabbath was made to protect man... not as a burden... so I don't worry about commandments... I worry about whether I'm loving the people around me... the funny thing is the people that think they're righteous because they follow the 10 commandments are the one's who are in danger... your righteousness needs to exceed the righteousness of the pharisees... first off through the remission of sins through the Blood of Jesus Christ and second off by loving people... the pharisees followed the commandments and were experts in the scriptures but Jesus rebuked them because they didn't have His Word in them... ever wonder how they could have all the scriptures memorized and not have His Word in them? Because His Word is Love... the Love of God... and they were outwardly righteous but inwardly full of hate... hope this blesses you...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry Mr tomwebster, i have no idea what you are on about. I know a lot of Jews dont live in israel, what has that to do with this discussion ????

In His Love

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Sorry Mr tomwebster, i have no idea what you are on about. I know a lot of Jews dont live in israel, what has that to do with this discussion ????

In His Love

I guess you didn't read what I wrote. I was replying to your post #4 and your incorrect comment, "What will it take to get it through your heads. Us gentiles where never under the law. it was only ever given to the Jews." You seem to still not understand who Israel is at this time and want to lump them in with Judah.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Yes , you are making sense. I observe the same thing.

I am not sure why , but it is though some Christians use " visible external legalism " as a cover for their insecurities (or weak faith). Something like that.

It tends to drive them bananas to be around those of us who are very secure with our strong " invisible internal faith ".

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
Is that kind of like those who break the law, want those who obey the law ,to break the law? And those who break the law want to be rewarded as those who obey the law? I am thinking God will sort it all out in the end.

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
"The law IS grace. Gentiles just dont get it. " The Laws of God is the Word of God. The Laws of men are the laws of men.The Grace of God is the Grace of God. What part do you not get?