People You Are Thankful For!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought this would be another positive thread to encourage people to meditate on the good things in life (Philippians 4:8). By "people," it can be anything, from relatives to spouses, to pastors, to ministers you listen to, to co-workers to neighbors to fellow believers to pets.

- I'm thankful first of all to my Lord and Savior. Too much to go into there, so I'll save that for another time.

- So thankful for my wife. I post stuff that might sound like criticisms, but the truth is we fuss like cats and dogs and play mind games relentlessly, but I am exceedingly blessed being married to someone like her, and reminded of it every day. It's why my real feelings for her will be occasionally expressed in posts like the following: Come together, and enjoy Sgt. Pepper's music appreciation thread.

- Very thankful for my pets. They always put a smile on my face, and they're always around to play with when I'm getting bored.

- Thankful for all my friends on the forums, including this one. Great to have people to discuss the things of God with. :)

Post who you are thankful for and why (if it's not too personal).

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot my cat. Chester has a great sense of humor. He jumps out of nowhere to try and scare people, including me, but especially the dogs. I'll let them all out to run around in the street a little at night before work, and I can usually tell when he just got somebody good, because all of a sudden there'll be a startled "Bark!" coming from somebody.

But then, he thinks he's a dog, so the playing field is level as far as he's concerned.

2ee4f033929010a988449be1ff020cd8.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's ministers than I am thankful for Catholic Mass online. I have health problems and can't always make it to church especially during the pandemic. So I watch online Mass on Sundays and sometimes other days of the week.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too give thanks to all those in my life today, including those here, as restless as I am at times, and others to me...all good.
My wife of 48 years is a gem and a gift of God. I made a fib when I married her, as she thought I was her elder. She would never had married otherwise, I just knew it and was proven right.... It was wrong to do, although I confessed it, seriously, it was sure seared on my conscience...many years ago.

The greatest thanks of all goes to my God, who is my Father, and to my King, my lord, my brother and my Christ. Without this gracious dynamic duo I would have nothing. They saved me and brought me out of my wretched dead life to the new life into the Kingdom. I live and reign with Christ, a citizen of the Kingdom, TODAY!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's ministers than I am thankful for Catholic Mass online. I have health problems and can't always make it to church especially during the pandemic. So I watch online Mass on Sundays and sometimes other days of the week.
I'm glad you believe this chat or thread ministers to your heart devin...I too believe it does as well..

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am thankful to those who have walked with me through so many ups and downs, for their companionship, online friends, friends in my life away from the forum, family and workmates. For laughter as it has got me through some dark times, for music that’s lifted my mood. I am especially thankful to my sister in law who has supported me so much since her brother died. We weren’t that close before but now we have a solid friendship and have so many laughs together. I am grateful that I can work and despite the physical demands and aches and pains it has meant contact with others during the lockdowns.
I am beyond grateful for the Lord for coming into my life and giving it purpose and meaning and for the fulfilment of a promise that my son would come to faith , that has been a highlight of this year and given me hope for my other children.
I am also thankful for that hope for the future that no matter what unfolds I know who wins in the end x

Rita x

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a fib when I married her, as she thought I was her elder. She would never had married otherwise, I just knew it and was proven right....

LoL! "I have taken you by craft, tricky fellow that I am." (2 Corinthians 12:16)

Mine was the opposite. She didn't really tell me she was my elder, by four years. Found out after we were hitched that I had married a grandma.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thankful for my husband because he is a great counterbalance to how I operate. I appreciate his masculine perspective, how hardworking he is, and our discussions that go on for hours at a time.

Im of course thankful for the Lord Jesus, who I can worship and relate to personally. He really is a wonderful counselor and tells me exactly what I need to hear.

Im thankful for my pastor and his wife of our small church. They have taken a financial loss to be in their position, make daily sacrifices for the church, and are truly humble ministers of the gospel who are there for us.

It took us two years to really find a church so we both appreciate them.

Im thankful for the church congregation and their kindness. Im also thankful for the dynamin women of God who volunteer and staff the pro-life pregnancy center where I volunteer.

They are truly worthy friends to have.

Im thankful for members of my family with whom I have a phone call relationship with like my brother, sister, and mother.

They all mean so much because before, I felt very much alone and in need of friendship.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For ministers… Rev. D. was the first woman pastor we ever had. She helped me confront some things in my past, and when I broke down spiritually, she helped me through it by proclaiming the love of God when I needed to hear that message.

Unfortunately, our church soon let her go because, alas, she didn’t have a penis. I guess we weren’t ready to accept a woman pastor. But there’s nothing on God’s green earth that will convince me this woman was not called to be a pastor.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought this would be another positive thread to encourage people to meditate on the good things in life (Philippians 4:8). By "people," it can be anything, from relatives to spouses, to pastors, to ministers you listen to, to co-workers to neighbors to fellow believers to pets.

- I'm thankful first of all to my Lord and Savior. Too much to go into there, so I'll save that for another time.

- So thankful for my wife. I post stuff that might sound like criticisms, but the truth is we fuss like cats and dogs and play mind games relentlessly, but I am exceedingly blessed being married to someone like her, and reminded of it every day. It's why my real feelings for her will be occasionally expressed in posts like the following: Come together, and enjoy Sgt. Pepper's music appreciation thread.

- Very thankful for my pets. They always put a smile on my face, and they're always around to play with when I'm getting bored.

- Thankful for all my friends on the forums, including this one. Great to have people to discuss the things of God with. :)

Post who you are thankful for and why (if it's not too personal).
Looking at the posts, I can say thank you Lord for allowing us to take your yoke upon ourselves and really learn of you 1st. of all, and for my wife working together as a team with the scriptures.

Without her I don't think things would be worthwhile with issues, we thank the Lord for our pets, monarchs, dogs, Peppy Boy, Retriever, D.O.G./Female German Shephard, and Junior which was one of the litters of five.

And for our blood Brothers and Sisters, We thank you, Lord, for all the Ministers who helped us along with our faith Christian walk, We thank Him for the Brothers and Sisters in Christ, and friends.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, our church soon let her go because, alas, she didn’t have a penis.

Did they use those exact words in their official notice of termination? Seems like it would be a little deflating. Not much you can do about a thing like that.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they use those exact words in their official notice of termination? Seems like it would be a little deflating. Not much you can do about a thing like that.
In Methodist churches, pastors are appointed by the Conference yearly. The church’s Staff-Parish committee can request a change, or the pastors themselves can request a change, but the Conference has the final say. I had a friend on Staff-Parish who let me know what was going on. Her being a woman (and a divorced one at that) was a major issue, though there were some issues related to politics also. Of course, none of this appeared in the official request sent to the Conference. You don’t put something like that in writing. And you especially don’t phrase it the way I just did.

Reactions: Hidden In Him