Perpetual virginity of Mary mother of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #32.

You see all this has already been addressed.

i have read your drivel and no; it has not been addressed at all.

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer;
and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

(1 Corinthians 7:5)

your goddess-worship makes Mary in perpetual sin against her husband, defrauding him all the days of her temporary earthly life.
you ignore scripture in order to worship her, and in doing so you make her wicked.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well not God's Word . somebody else's sure, but definitely not God's biblical priniciples.

One passage shatters the myth you believe:

Matthew 1:25
King James Version

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

This biblical principle from this?

Joseph had intercourse with his wife after Jesus was born.

mother does not say anything about what happened after this

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would mary cave and give to Joseph what she refused to give to God even rejecting the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our salvation
Lk 1:34 if it meant violation of her perpetual virginity

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO - in typical Roman Catholic fashion, the phony Catholic "Blessed Virgin" is totally based on WHAT GOD'S WORD DOESN'T SAY, along with a bunch of rank assumptions to support their blasphemous theology.

Some 'ol, same 'ol

why is it blasphemous?
Why does it need be in scripture?
What is the source of truth and rule of faith and the pillar and ground of truth

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
not answered in the slightest.

scripture says "first"
goddess-worship says "only"
Not "first" but "first-born".
Jesus is "first-born"
And again, when he brings the first-born into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” (Heb 1:6)
It was there is post #111

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”
But He answered them, saying, “
Who is My mother, or My brothers?” And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.
(Mark 3:31-35)​

here Jesus indicates Mary was in sin, not doing the will of God. at that time, certainly so!
for:

But when His own people heard, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, “He is out of His mind.”
(Matk 3:21)​

she thought He was crazy. she was there with His carnal brothers, her sons, to take Him
is this what you call 'perpetual fasting and prayer' while she defrauds her husband, Mssr. Mungo?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
**ahem**

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife
(Matthew 1:24)​

why is it so important to you that Mary be in perpetual sin against her husband?

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer;

(1 Corinthians 7:5)​

they only consented to be married

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

your goddess-worship makes Mary in perpetual sin against her husband, defrauding him all the days of her temporary earthly life.
you ignore scripture in order to worship her, and in doing so you make her wicked.
1 Cor 7:3
"Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband." (KJV)

Three questions:
1. What is the "due benevolence" that each is due?
2. Is Paul ruling this in every possible circumstance or is he just making a general observation?
Bear in mind what he says in verse 5 "Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time"
And in verse 6 "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment."
3. Is Paul addressing Christians only or is he applying this to pagans and Jews as well?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not "first" but "first-born".
Jesus is "first-born"
And again, when he brings the first-born into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” (Heb 1:6)
It was there is post #111

not her "only" ((monogenes))
her "first" ((protogenes))

it's kinda elementary, dude.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 7:3
"Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband." (KJV)

Three questions:
1. What is the "due benevolence" that each is due?
2. Is Paul ruling this in every possible circumstance or is he just making a general observation?
Bear in mind what he says in verse 5 "Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time"
And in verse 6 "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment."
3. Is Paul addressing Christians only or is he applying this to pagans and Jews as well?

1. v.5 makes that extremely clear.
  2. casting shade on Paul doesn't make your case. it means you've lost your case.
  3. casting shade on Paul doesn't make your case. it means you've lost your case.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

They were legally married.
When the angel appears to Mary shey is in the first stage of marriage.
At this stage she is legally married to Joseph.
"Once kiddushin is complete, the woman is legally the wife of the man. The relationship created by kiddushin can only be dissolved by death or divorce." (Judaism 101)
Hence Mt 1:19 "and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly."

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  1. v.5 makes that extremely clear.
  2. casting shade on Paul doesn't make your case. it means you've lost your case.
  3. casting shade on Paul doesn't make your case. it means you've lost your case.

Answer the questions. Stop dodging.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proving That Mary is not a goddess and this tittle does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

Only a heretical fundamentalists brainwashing can say so!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

A good tree!

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

All generations shall call me blessed (not goddess) cos they are thanking Mary for our salvation! Mother of our savior! To love Mary is to love salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is it blasphemous?
Bewcause it gives the Cathol;ic Mary thing Status and authority in the Kingdom of God that she never possessed in actuality, and diminishes the role of JESUS, questioning HIS wisdom and love for us.

Why does it need be in scripture?

It doesn't, BUT it also shouldn't be OPPOSED To what's in Scripture. READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE YOUR UNDERSTANDING!!!!!

What is the source of truth and rule of faith and the pillar and ground of truth

The The HOLY SPIRIT, of course. He's IN the real Church of Jesus Christ. That spiritual body through the ages built of Born AGain People living and physically dead, whos "HEAD" is Jesus Christ.

The "Holy Roman Catholic Church Corp." is OBVIOUSLY NOT that church at all, and never was.

The Orthodox Catholic church denominations with their problems, are CLOSER to the REAL Church than Rome (the first protestants) ever was.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer the questions. Stop dodging.

already discussed.
  1. clearly we are talking about sex. see v.5
  2. casting shade on the scripture doesn't make your case; it indicates you have no case
  3. casting shade on the scripture doesn't make your case; it indicates you have no case

why is it so important to you that Mary be in perpetual sin, defrauding her husband all the days of her earthly life?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church of Jesus Christ. The "Holy Roman Catholic Church" is OBVIOUSLY NOT that church at all, and never was.

how can the queen diminish the king
All that belongs to the king also belongs to the queen

also mary is His mother and parents have a right to the possessions of children

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can the queen diminish the king
All that belongs to the king also belongs to the queen

also mary is His mother and parents have a right to the possessions of children

UTTER FOOLISHNESS!!!!! Only the protestant visible churches give the Mary, Jesus' mother, proper recognition.

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proving That Mary is not a goddess and this tittle does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

Only a heretical fundamentalists brainwashing can say so!

A good tree!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!

A good tree!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

All generations shall call me blessed (not goddess) cos they are thanking Mary for our salvation! Mother of our savior! To love Mary is to love salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

talk to Tertullian.

But whenever a dispute arises about the nativity, all who reject it as creating a presumption in favour of the reality of Christ's flesh, wilfully deny that God Himself was born, on the ground that He asked, Who is my mother, and who are my brethren? Let, therefore, Apelles hear what was our answer to Marcion in that little work, in which we challenged his own (favourite) gospel to the proof, even that the material circumstances of that remark (of the Lord's) should be considered. First of all, nobody would have told Him that His mother and brethren were standing outside, if he were not certain both that He had a mother and brethren, and that they were the very persons whom he was then announcing — who had either been known to him before, or were then and there discovered by him; although heretics have removed this passage from the gospel, because those who were admiring His doctrine said that His supposed father, Joseph the carpenter, and His mother Mary, and His brethren, and His sisters, were very well known to them. But it was with the view of tempting Him, that they had mentioned to Him a mother and brethren which He did not possess. The Scripture says nothing of this, although it is not in other instances silent when anything was done against Him by way of temptation. Behold, it says, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him. Luke 10:25 And in another passage: The Pharisees also came unto Him, tempting Him. Who was to prevent its being in this place also indicated that this was done with the view of tempting Him? I do not admit what you advance of your own apart from Scripture. Then there ought to be suggested some occasion for the temptation. What could they have thought to be in Him which required temptation? The question, to be sure, whether He had been born or not? For if this point were denied in His answer, it might come out on the announcement of a temptation. And yet no temptation, when aiming at the discovery of the point which prompts the temptation by its doubtfulness, falls upon one so abruptly, as not to be preceded by the question which compels the temptation while raising the doubt. Now, since the nativity of Christ had never come into question, how can you contend that they meant by their temptation to inquire about a point on which they had never raised a doubt? Besides, if He had to be tempted about His birth, this of course was not the proper way of doing it — by announcing those persons who, even on the supposition of His birth, might possibly not have been in existence. We have all been born, and yet all of us have not either brothers or mother. He might with more probability have had even a father than a mother, and uncles more likely than brothers. Thus is the temptation about His birth unsuitable, for it might have been contrived without any mention of either His mother or His brethren. It is clearly more credible that, being certain that He had both a mother and brothers, they tested His divinity rather than His nativity, whether, when within, He knew what was without; being tried by the untrue announcement of the presence of persons who were not present.

- Tertullian, 'On the Flesh of Christ' ch. 7, AD 203​

Status
Not open for further replies.