Perpetual virginity of Mary mother of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All your points are answered in my post.
You just don't want to answer them so you flop around regurgitating failed claims with no evidence.

What failed claims? Rules of Grammar?

But why don't you address the one verse you haven't yet?

Matthew 1:24-25
King James Version

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

God's Inspired Word absolutely and unequivocally says here that Joseph did not have sex with Mary UNTIL Jesus was born. If you can show me a verse that just as plain says JOSPEH never had sex with Mary, then you will reconvince me like when I was a good Catholic.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Catholics understand Scripture. It appears you do not.

then explain this verse like you would to someone who doesn't know:

King James Version

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah!
Can't answer my post about Mary being a perpetual Virgin so you try to divert on to another topic.
That's effectively admitting you failed.

Well as I wasn't talking to you and addressing your false issues, your snide remarks are irrelavent.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What failed claims? Rules of Grammar?

But why don't you address the one verse you haven't yet?

King James Version

God's Inspired Word absolutely and unequivocally says here that Joseph did not have sex with Mary UNTIL Jesus was born. If you can show me a verse that just as plain says JOSPEH never had sex with Mary, then you will reconvince me like when I was a good Catholic.

I've already shown you that your claim there is false.
But you failed to answer what I said.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
then explain this verse like you would to someone who doesn't know:

King James Version

What is your problem?
Jesus was Mary's first born.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Catholics understand Scripture. It appears you do not.

Do you think what God says in Matt. 1:25 untrue because God only said it once? Do you think God needed to say that Joseph had sex with Mary and produced at least 6 other kids a whole bunch of times to make God believeable?

I have read your arguments about her virginity and th eone verse in Matt. should end that.

I have read your arguments about Jesus' half brothers and sisters both from you , BOL and thee faith multiple times and the quotes from biased Catholic scholars, who use a truth to promote a lie.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already shown you that your claim there is false.
But you failed to answer what I said.

then I must have missed it. Please show me where this verse does not mean Joseph did not know His wife UNTL after Jesus was born.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think what God says in Matt. 1:25 untrue because God only said it once? Do you think God needed to say that Joseph had sex with Mary and produced at least 6 other kids a whole bunch of times to make God believeable?

I have read your arguments about her virginity and th eone verse in Matt. should end that.

I have read your arguments about Jesus' half brothers and sisters both from you , BOL and thee faith multiple times and the quotes from biased Catholic scholars, who use a truth to promote a lie.

Are bitter because you have no answer to Catholics proper understanding of Scripture?

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual Virginity of Mary the mother of God!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the temple & dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary anywhere in scripture, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness! Especially after hearing from an angel that her child was of the Holy Spirit!

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her: (rejoice at the birth of the savior)

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s!

SO - in typical Roman Catholic fashion, the phony Catholic "Blessed Virgin" is totally based on WHAT GOD'S WORD DOESN'T SAY, along with a bunch of rank assumptions to support their blasphemous theology.

Some 'ol, same 'ol

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Really?

teh post where you quote "scholars " who make conjectures? Who are already biased towards the false Catholic doctrine??

Then you cite a litany of verses where you actually are wrong on most of them for you do not even know language well.

But I will correct you on one that you are 100% wrong on:

1 Corinthians 15:25-29
King James Version

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

do you need help understanding words? UNTIL is a time limiting word. Jesus reigns UNTIL.. something happens.

And the Jesus and the disciples were going to celebrate the Passover in the present- not a future Passover. Seems like you expect the present tense to be immediately with no time elapsing- that is just not reality.

But you still have not answered What God inspired in part A of Matt. 1:25

Matthew 1:25
King James Version

25 And knew her not till

In modern English Joseph did not have sex with her UNTIL (there is that time limiting word again.)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying after Christ’s birth Mary never had normal relations with her husband, never had any other children after Jesus was born, she remained a Virgin till her death?

correct and she did not have a husband only betrothed

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Really?

teh post where you quote "scholars " who make conjectures? Who are already biased towards the false Catholic doctrine??

Then you cite a litany of verses where you actually are wrong on most of them for you do not even know language well.

But I will correct you on one that you are 100% wrong on:

1 Corinthians 15:25-29
King James Version

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

do you need help understanding words? UNTIL is a time limiting word. Jesus reigns UNTIL.. something happens.

And the Jesus and the disciples were going to celebrate the Passover in the present- not a future Passover. Seems like you expect the present tense to be immediately with no time elapsing- that is just not reality.

But you still have not answered What God inspired in part A of Matt. 1:25

King James Version

25 And knew her not till

In modern English Joseph did not have sex with her UNTIL (there is that time limiting word again.)

Try going through post #63 in an orderly way and refute each point - WITH EVIDENCE -nstead of jumping around giving opinions.
Note:
Reply is not the same as refute.
Address is not the same as refute.
An opinion is not the same as refute.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try going through post #63 in an orderly way and refute each point - WITH EVIDENCE -nstead of jumping around giving opinions.
Note:
Reply is not the same as refute.
Address is not the same as refute.
An opinion is not the same as refute.

Well as you cite "experts" giving opinions I guess I can give them to.

but still waiting witih baited breath you defining what this means besides what one expects it to mean:

King James Version

25 And knew her not till

Well you have replied, addressed and opined, so I guess you have not refuted the evidence I have given.

But please tell us what the portion of Matt. 1:25 I just posted means.

Status
Not open for further replies.