Personal Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a lot of revelations over the years and I believe many of them have been from God and some perhaps just dreams that mean nothing. One of them is coming up I saw from the news in a few days. But I don't think I'm going to tell anyone as I don't see the point.

God taught me something though. He predicted something terrible that would happen to me and it did. He did that a couple times. Which made me question why he told me. It caused me fear and anxiety the next time he told me of something bad that would happen. And thankfully it didn't happen that time.

So the one thing I learned is about destruction prophecies and telling people about them. What is the point? Because it can cause fear at minimum or cause people to make mistakes in their judgment and actions.

With the "global warming" catastrophes that are unfolding, and I've recently watched many unfold on the news sites, if it is in fact "global warming" and not just some co-incidence, I'm sure that many Christians are having dreams and visions about catastrophes.

And two things along those lines:

1. Did God tell the person to share the prophecy? Or is it assumed that they should tell people. I guess I don't just assume anymore.

2. What good will it do to tell people? Will it cause fear and panic? Or can it be avoided like Jonah's prophecy? So why tell people if it is going to unfold either way?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is on earth to steal, kill, destroy, plant seeds of doubt and fear NOT GOD!!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting idea. I personally love and fear God. Which makes me think of the following verse in Revelation 6 where everyone hid from God. Hmmm:

Revelation 6:15-17

15And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the bible there are many prophets sent by God to speak to the peoples. I don't know if those sort of prophets have ceased to exist - people seem to think they have - but I do believe there are those who still prophesy within their church groups and also that as individuals we can receive prophesies for our own lives.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a lot of revelations over the years and I believe many of them have been from God and some perhaps just dreams that mean nothing. One of them is coming up I saw from the news in a few days. But I don't think I'm going to tell anyone as I don't see the point.

God taught me something though. He predicted something terrible that would happen to me and it did. He did that a couple times. Which made me question why he told me. It caused me fear and anxiety the next time he told me of something bad that would happen. And thankfully it didn't happen that time.

So the one thing I learned is about destruction prophecies and telling people about them. What is the point? Because it can cause fear at minimum or cause people to make mistakes in their judgment and actions.

With the "global warming" catastrophes that are unfolding, and I've recently watched many unfold on the news sites, if it is in fact "global warming" and not just some co-incidence, I'm sure that many Christians are having dreams and visions about catastrophes.

1. Did God tell the person to share the prophecy? Or is it assumed that they should tell people. I guess I don't just assume anymore.

2. What good will it do to tell people? Will it cause fear and panic? Or can it be avoided like Jonah's prophecy? So why tell people if it is going to unfold either way?

Thoughts?
Well, I think we are in the Great Tribulation, and the the Four Horsement are out of the barn, so what's next? Famine, death, pestilence. I have not received dreams or visions; I just feel something big is coming this year. That said, in the USA, we have an important election coming up and I do think the liberals behind this New World Order will not allow for fair election - that would delay things for them. No, so something must happen to desrupt the election. I wouldn't be surprised. We have heard reports of worldwide famine coming, food shortages are already evident. Monkeypox (nasty illness) is rising but mostly in the gay sector. So that isn't big enough. No, an EMP taking out the power grid purposely will throw us into chaos and Martial Law. Blame it on the Russians is what they will do, igniting a war with us. They have been trying to collapse the economy - that would do it quickly. I don't know? Are any of those calamities related to your revelation?
I comfort in the end of the story, Jesus returns in judgment, kills the bad guys and we finally live in peace, love and harmony.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think we are in the Great Tribulation, and the the Four Horsement are out of the barn, so what's next? Famine, death, pestilence. I have not received dreams or visions; I just feel something big is coming this year. That said, in the USA, we have an important election coming up and I do think the liberals behind this New World Order will not allow for fair election - that would delay things for them. No, so something must happen to desrupt the election. I wouldn't be surprised. We have heard reports of worldwide famine coming, food shortages are already evident. Monkeypox (nasty illness) is rising but mostly in the gay sector. So that isn't big enough. No, an EMP taking out the power grid purposely will throw us into chaos and Martial Law. Blame it on the Russians is what they will do, igniting a war with us. They have been trying to collapse the economy - that would do it quickly. I don't know? Are any of those calamities related to your revelation?
I comfort in the end of the story, Jesus returns in judgment, kills the bad guys and we finally live in peace, love and harmony.
I have been given visions and they're usually natural disasters. I've questioned why I keep getting them and I'm not totally sure why. But I have also felt that the Lord will return soon. I thought in my lifetime, but I could be wrong on that.

And yes the liberals are fighters for sure. It will be a problem if a republican gets elected. Probably be more marches and such. Not fun, blocking freeways and all manner of chaos.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, if some sort of unavoidable calamity were to happen, I'd rather not know too long before it happens.

Ill live my happy life right up until the sky actually falls and I'm destroyed, thank you.

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, if some sort of unavoidable calamity were to happen, I'd rather not know too long before it happens.

Ill live my happy life right up until the sky actually falls and I'm destroyed, thank you.
The only thing you could do is stock up on food and secure a safe shelter. If you could get a years worth of food - great. That dehydrated food sounds good but is pricey. Of course if anyone knew you had a years supply of food, they would come and take it from you. Things get ugly fast, with riots and looting, every man for themself ,,, you've seen the movies. A clean water supply, canned food, foods that won't spoil is good enough to stock up on.
Happiness flees when catrastrophies hit and all people are concerned about is survival, food and safety.
I'm going shopping today for a month's groceries, that is all I can do other than pray and hope God takes us out of it soon. From my perspective, we will have to endure much of it, till the 7th trumpet.

Reactions: Wynona

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been given visions and they're usually natural disasters. I've questioned why I keep getting them and I'm not totally sure why. But I have also felt that the Lord will return soon. I thought in my lifetime, but I could be wrong on that.

And yes the liberals are fighters for sure. It will be a problem if a republican gets elected. Probably be more marches and such. Not fun, blocking freeways and all manner of chaos.
I had a very real dream years ago of an atomic bomb explosion. Most all of my dreams are abstract and meaningless to me - except this one stands out.
I saw it from about 20 miles away. It didn't happen in a city, but in a desert. I saw a white flash and terrible mushroom cloud and seconds later felt an earthquake. Immediately I was taken to another area overlooking the ocean. Thoughts came to indicate that we (USA), retaliated and sent some their way. North Korea came to mind and the dream was over. I woke up calm and thought this was a s something God showed me - part of the GT I guess. I also thought they must have missed their target, which if it was desert, than it have been on the outskirts of Los Angeles?
One other interesting person I met way back in 1995 was a girl who git saved be ause God gave her a dream. The dream was that the rapture took place and she was left behind. Freaking out she woke up and got serious for the Lord. The point to this is it happened in her lifetime. She was about 35 at the time. We are close.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a very real dream years ago of an atomic bomb explosion. Most all if my dreams are abstract and meaningless to me - except this one stands out. I saw it from about 20 miles away. It didn't happen in a city, but in a desert. I saw a white flash and terrible mushroom cloud and seconds later felt an earthquake. Immediately I was taken to another area overlooking the ocean. Thoughts came to indicate that we (USA), retaliated and sent some their way. North Korea came to mind and the dream was over. I woke up calm and thought this was a s something God showed me - part of the GT I guess. I also thought they must have missed their target, which if it was desert, than it have been on the outskirts of Los Angeles?
One other interesting person I met way back in 1995 was a girl who git saved be ause God gave her a dream. The dream was that the rapture took place and she was left behind. Freaking out she woke up and got serious for the Lord. The point to this is it happened in her lifetime. She was about 35 at the time. We are close.
I also had a dream of a nuclear weapon blast. It scared me in the dream but I saw that it happened way out in the sea. Somewhere I think between here (Washington) and Japan. So I knew I was safe. I'm not really sure what the dream meant though. Was it literal or some interpretation from God is necessary? Don't know.

I originally got saved for the same reason. Except I felt I was going to hell and wanted to escape that fate. When I started going to church I had this feeling that I was late to church in life.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also had a dream of a nuclear weapon blast. It scared me in the dream but I saw that it happened way out in the sea. Somewhere I think between here (Washington) and Japan. So I knew I was safe. I'm not really sure what the dream meant though. Was it literal or some interpretation from God is necessary? Don't know.

I originally got saved for the same reason. Except I felt I was going to hell and wanted to escape that fate. When I started going to church I had this feeling that I was late to church in life.
Since we are on the topic of dreams, I copied this dream that a member of this forum had because it impacted me and supported my view that we will be around till the 7th Trumpet.
_________>>>>>>___>>>>>
Here is the dream:

Stephanie's Dream
Setting: A town near Lemoore, CA. USA

"I had this dream on 02/21/2019
It was like 5 PM still daylight; the sun is still out but about to set.
I was standing at the top of a hill with my aunt. We were both watching everyone being social and enjoying themselves. It was my family and many other people I've never seen before. We were all standing on beautiful green grassland with many hills and little trees. It felt like we were waiting for something.
The sky quickly caught our attention because there was a thunder-like roar that came from it. Suddenly a very dark cloud covered the sky, but this cloud had a noise that sounded like horses galloping and wings flapping; it stayed in the sky for a few seconds...
Then I hear my aunt screaming to everyone, "GET INSIDE IT'S LOCUSTS!! LOCUSTS ARE COMING! Run!" They came down so quickly and stung many people. The cries from those who were stung were horrible."
And as I'm watching all of this happen, I'm thinking to myself, "what are locusts?! What's going on..." and as I'm thinking this, I woke up.
When I woke up, I still had that same adrenaline from my dream, and so I grab my phone, and the first thing I see as one of my notifications was a post, from a person on a local news page I follow, who had posted, "LOCUSTS ARE IN LEMOORE ." (A town nearby where I live).
I kid you not, my heart dropped. I googled what locust was because I didn't know what my dream meant.
And as I'm searching "locust in dream meaning," I come upon "Revelation 9, the 5th trumpet. "and I was shaking because I didn't know what God was trying to tell me.
And so as I read about it, I think God is warning us that he's coming. And this COVID thing is like the 1st woe of the three that will happen."

Scary dream huh, like a Stephen King movie.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin553344,
So, this natural disaster is
going to happen a few days from two days ago means when? A few is at least 3 or more so tomorrow ... the next day?
You alluded to Rev. 6:17. Does that have anything to do with your dream or was it just a passing thought? Because that refers to a major event in Revelation, a worldwide earthquake which levels everything.
Probably the only structures left would be caves to hide in. Interesting thought because huge underground bunkers have been made for a chosen group: leaders, scientists and the hierarchy elites in each country for shelter from a nuclear war or extreme natural disasters.
I don't have a bunked..The idea is foolish anyways, you can't hide from the wrarh of God.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts?
"Surely the Lord GOD does nothing
Unless He reveals His secret counsel
To His servants the prophets."
Amos 3:7

The purpose of prophecy is two-fold, bringing sinners to repentance and glorifying God in His works.
"Personal prophecy " should prepare your heart. Would you rather be surprised and tempted to disbelieve God?

The rejection of modern prophecy in some theologies is fear. If no two prophets arise as the last witnesses, then the book of the Revelation remains allegorical or symbolic, and we can ignore the messages to the churches and rest in our complacency.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13Therefore thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, My servants shall eat,
But you shall be hungry;
Behold, My servants shall drink,
But you shall be thirsty;
Behold, My servants shall rejoice,
But you shall be ashamed;
14Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart,
But you shall cry for sorrow of heart,
And wail for grief of spirit.
15You shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen;
For the Lord God will slay you,
And call His servants by another name;
Isaiah 65:13-15

If you're unfamiliar with the entire passage, it's about the judgement and the new creation.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The internet is full of "prophets" these days.
I know some people who stopped going to church.
They are totally occupied watching "prophets" on a daily basis.