Personal responsibility

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Notice here that god never says to not rape her, he says if he does AND GETS CAUGHT he has a penalty of silver and must marry her.
vince there is a cultural diff that is not really being gotten here in the literal sense, anyway; and fwiw the really important sense is the spiritual one, anyway, too The amazing name Tamar: meaning and etymology which is in there.

but wadr your focus on the OT is pretty telling here, ok
atheists and fundies, they go together in a way, see

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not sure how that would apply to the point, the Jews who lost their Theocracy?
even if it were true.

you think you could Quote something from their Book that we don't have in ours?
you cant, ok. See you maybe don't realize that based upon actions, you are paying me a compliment too I guess, as we have amply demonstrated here onsite I think, I mean i'm still waiting for the very first complaint against a Muslim neighbor here?

Why make yourself a liar on something so easy to verify?

My complaint is they are muslim. Haven't I made that clear. Of course clear to you is a river after a flood.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is bc you are under the law right now, Stranger, and you dont know what the law of God is yet imo. I could demonstrate this too if you like. Ah well I guess you just did huh. I tend more to lawlessness myself though i guess?

but to answer your q, would I accept those as given, likely in the same spirit as "an eye for an eye?" As limiting iow? Well, something is better than nothing I guess, so sure

Well, your opinion is muslim. Gee, what a help that will be.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Stranger
"Presidential candidates woo Ocasio-Cortez"
bro, so suck on it, ok?

Stranger
ah, i can see it now; heaven filled with mean old white guys in pointy white face-hats lol
after they have turned US into a wasteland of course
ok, have a good one

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me ask you Christian's a question.

You believe that Jesus has died for your sins, and therefore takes the burden of those sins off your shoulders. No matter how much you Christian's mess up this side of life, so long as you believe that Jesus died for you, you are absolved of the penalty of all your sins.

Please explain to me how this POV doesn't make you completely irresponsible, and prevents you from taking personal steps in changing your bad nature.

Because if you really believe some guy has taken the fall for you, your a complete coward. Okay, it's like this.

I do something real bad in life, and there is no way out for me but the chopping block. But I hatch a plan to get some other smuck to take the heat for me. So I go and setup my only daughter to take all responsibility, and then I sit back while her head goes to the block.

That's basically what you Christian's are telling me to believe, like it's so noble to let someone else pay for your stupidity.
The bible says, "Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:47 So this is why you do not understand the ways of God.

Reactions: Nancy