Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've shown you scriptures before and you chose to disbelieve, that's your right. I have continue to say Adam went back to the dust from which he was taken. God didn't tell Adam he would go back to the dust from where he was taken and somewhere else
You have given ZERO Scripture that says "death means cease to exist" because there are none.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given ZERO Scripture that says "death means cease to exist" because there are none.

Like I said the scriptures in Genesis 3:19 says that Adam will return back to the dust. Because part of that Scripture says: "For dust you are and to dust you will return.” I see nowhere in this Scripture where God was talking to only part of Adam. God was talking to the complete person when he told Adam, "dust you are and dust you will return."
You and others can disagree with this Scripture and continue to say people survive death in some other plain of existence at the moment people die all you want to but I don't see anywhere in the scriptures that it says that. Words such as Sheol, Hades, Hell are words that are used symbolically to represent, it the individual grave but instead, "the common grave of mankind." The good and the bad alike, tyrants and saints, kings and orphans, Israelites and gentiles—all slept together without awareness of one another.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an excuse, the truth. I nor the watchtower organization has ever said we were perfect infallible humans. Do we believe we have God's Holy Spirit, yes. If you disagree with that, so what. Don't you believe you have God's Holy Spirit. Does that mean you're a perfect infallible human because you believe you have God's Holy Spirit? I do read and use my own head, I just don't agree with what a lot of you are saying is the truth. I also don't think you're going to believe it am reading the scriptures and using my own head unless I agree with you. Like I said however I decide when it comes to what I believe the truth is and what organization has God's Holy Spirit. I don't let you nor anyone else decide that for me. You disagree with what I believe the truth is or what organization I believe has God's Holy Spirit, so be it, that's your right. That however doesn't mean I'm wrong in my choices however it just means we disagree.
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply, second, that's a sorry excuse, for the word of God is not about me nor you, or the watchtower. God don't lie. men do, and expecially the watchtower, and U.

now I asked you about the the scriptures, not about me or you, or the watchtower, or who had or didn't have the Holy Spirit. concering Isaiah 41:4. your responds told me that you are not interested in the truth, but interested in staying in, and help to cover up a lie, told by men.

Now how can we tell this? simple, by not accepting what God said in Isaiah 41:4 it is a clear example of a false intention on your part not to accept what God said, but what your organization says. not what 101G said, I didn't write the scripture, but what God said in the scriptures.

when you said before in another topic, concering John 1:1c, I reproved you by scripture, by posting Deuteronomy 32:39 to eliminate your "god" small "g" theory. and now in John 1:1b I have reproved you again by scripture concering the term "WITH", which Isaiah 41:4 & Isaiah 48:12 completly destroys your false notion of anyone else beside the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD.

I did it by the scriptures. not by excuses, not by my opinion, no, nor did I make any excuse as to if you have or not the Spirit, no. we reproved you by the scriptures of the Spirit.

so all these excuses is just that... excuses. and yes all men LIE, and organizations including the watchtower lie. I asked did I lie about Isaiah 41:4 & Isaiah 48:12? if so point it out......... if you can.

now as for having the Holy Ghost/Spirit, if you do, which I don't know nor have the right to say so if you do or don't,. (that's between you and God), but if you believe that you have the Holy Ghost/Spirit then reconcile Isaiah 41:4 & Isaiah 48:12, and show from those two scriptures what "with" means in John 1:1 concering "GOD". that's all you have do, it's just that simple, leave me, you, and the watchtower out of the equation and just reconcile thode two verse in Isaiah with John 1:1.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said the scriptures in Genesis 3:19 says that Adam will return back to the dust. Because part of that Scripture says: "For dust you are and to dust you will return.” I see nowhere in this Scripture where God was talking to only part of Adam. God was talking to the complete person when he told Adam, "dust you are and dust you will return."
You and others can disagree with this Scripture and continue to say people survive death in some other plain of existence at the moment people die all you want to but I don't see anywhere in the scriptures that it says that. Words such as Sheol, Hades, Hell are words that are used symbolically to represent, it the individual grave but instead, "the common grave of mankind." The good and the bad alike, tyrants and saints, kings and orphans, Israelites and gentiles—all slept together without awareness of one another.”
"Return back to the dust" is referring to Adam's BODY! In NO WAY does it say Adam "ceased to exist". You're making that up!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Return back to the dust" is referring to Adam's BODY! In NO WAY does it say Adam "ceased to exist". You're making that up!

I told you, you don't listen. Nowhere in that scripture is there proof that God is talking to Adams body only. When God said, "you" to Adam he was talking to that person not just his body. You can argue about that all you want to but that's the truth. That truth isn't going away just because you want to argue about it.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you, you don't listen. Nowhere in that scripture is there proof that God is talking to Adams body only. When God said, "you" to Adam he was talking to that person not just his body. You can argue about that all you want to but that's the truth. That truth isn't going away just because you want to argue about it.
No Scripture? Of course you don't! "Cease to exist" is totally unScriptural! Even the NWT says many will wish they "ceased to exist"!
NWT Rev 20 They will be tormented day and night FOREVER AND EVER!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture? Of course you don't! "Cease to exist" is totally unScriptural! Even the NWT says many will wish they "ceased to exist"!
NWT Rev 20 They will be tormented day and night FOREVER AND EVER!

Of course you ignore what I said concerning Adam. You show me a scripture where when God was talking to Adam saying, he would go back to the dust he came from, that shows that God was talking about Adams body only. Show me a scripture there that says that. Where in that scripture when God says, "return back to the dust" that means God was talking about Adams body only. I see no scripture that says that. What I see is kcnalp interpretation of that phrase "return to the dust," which he says means God was talking only about Adams body only. I don't see a scripture that shows that God was only talking about Adams body only when he used the phrase, "return to the dust," that's what kcnalp says, not scripture.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you ignore what I said concerning Adam. You show me a scripture where when God was talking to Adam saying, he would go back to the dust he came from, that shows that God was talking about Adams body only. Show me a scripture there that says that. Where in that scripture when God says, "return back to the dust" that means God was talking about Adams body only. I see no scripture that says that. What I see is kcnalp interpretation of that phrase "return to the dust," which he says means God was talking only about Adams body only. I don't see a scripture that shows that God was only talking about Adams body only when he used the phrase, "return to the dust," that's what kcnalp says, not scripture.
You cannot show any Scripture that says death means "cease to exist". It's a JW fairy tale. Even the NWT says you're wrong. You need to talk to Kingdom Hall. Even they say you're wrong.
NWT Rev 20 They will be tormented day and night FOREVER AND EVER.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot show any Scripture that says death means "cease to exist". It's a JW fairy tale. Even the NWT says you're wrong. You need to talk to Kingdom Hall. Even they say you're wrong.

That scripture at Genesis 3:19 shows that we go back into non-existence. It's a fact that you do cease to exist when you die, why, because before God took dust from the ground to create Adam, he didn't exist, so God saying that Adam would go back to the dust he came from means that Adam goes back to non-existence. This is a point you don't listen to when it comes to scripture.
God’s declaration at Genesis 3:19 gives no hint that any part of Adam survived his death. When Adam died, Adam the soul died.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture at Genesis 3:19 shows that we go back into non-existence. It's a fact that you do cease to exist when you die, why, because before God took dust from the ground to create Adam, he didn't exist, so God saying that Adam would go back to the dust he came from means that Adam goes back to non-existence. This is a point you don't listen to when it comes to scripture.
God’s declaration at Genesis 3:19 gives no hint that any part of Adam survived his death. When Adam died, Adam the soul died.
Only the body died! You have ZERO Scripture to back you up.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No JW believes as I do. I was taught the scriptures at the kingdom Hall

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the body died! You have ZERO Scripture to back you up.

You saying only the body died makes it seem you're trying to add to this scripture. I see no hint in this scripture that God was only talking about Adams body. When God addressed Adam he was talking to the person who is Adam not just his body as you claim. Show me here in the scripture of Genesis 3:19 where God was talking only to Adams body and he wasn't talking to the person who was Adam.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You saying only the body died makes it seem you're trying to add to this scripture. I see no hint in this scripture that God was only talking about Adams body. When God addressed Adam he was talking to the person who is Adam not just his body as you claim. Show me here in the scripture of Genesis 3:19 where God was talking only to Adams body and he wasn't talking to the person who was Adam.
You have it backwards. Prove it's not talking about Adam's body. Death does not mean "cease to exist" no matter how many times you say it does.
NWT Rev 20 They will be tormented day and night FOREVER and ever.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not JW?

They weren't JW's that taught you at Kingdom Hall?

Yeah they were, you just don't know as much as you think you do of JW or Kingdom Halls.
Also at Revelation 20:10 where the NWT says they will be tormented day and night and forever and ever. All JW don't believe in the definition of the word, "tormented" as you do.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it backwards. Prove it's not talking about Adam's body. Death does not mean "cease to exist" no matter how many times you say it does.
NWT Rev 20 They will be tormented day and night FOREVER and ever.

So you don't believe that God was talking to the person known as Adam? Are you saying that the context of this scripture at Genesis 3:19 that God wasn't talking to a person by the name of Adam? Are you saying that the context of this scripture is that God was addressing only the body of Adam and not the person who was known as Adam? It looks to me that when God used the word, "you" when speaking to the person known as Adam, that's exactly what God was doing speaking to the person known as Adam, not just his body as you claim. So when God said, "In the sweat of your face "you" will eat bread until "you" return to the ground, for out of it "you" were taken. For dust "you" are and to dust "you" will return.” This scripture where God uses the word, "you" when speaking to Adam, it looks to me he was talking to the person known as Adam, not just his body. So God wasn't telling Adam that his body would go back to the dust but he meaning Adam was going elsewhere. I see no hint of such a thing in the context of this scripture.
When man stops breathing the body once again becomes lifeless. Man “goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” Psalm 146:4

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah they were, you just don't know as much as you think you do of JW or Kingdom Halls.
Also at Revelation 20:10 where the NWT says they will be tormented day and night and forever and ever. All JW don't believe in the definition of the word, "tormented" as you do.
So your argument is that it doesn't mean what it says. Typical JW teaching.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe that God was talking to the person known as Adam? Are you saying that the context of this scripture at Genesis 3:19 that God wasn't talking to a person by the name of Adam? Are you saying that the context of this scripture is that God was addressing only the body of Adam and not the person who was known as Adam? It looks to me that when God used the word, "you" when speaking to the person known as Adam, that's exactly what God was doing speaking to the person known as Adam, not just his body as you claim. So when God said, "In the sweat of your face "you" will eat bread until "you" return to the ground, for out of it "you" were taken. For dust "you" are and to dust "you" will return.” This scripture where God uses the word, "you" when speaking to Adam, it looks to me he was talking to the person known as Adam, not just his body. So God wasn't telling Adam that his body would go back to the dust but he meaning Adam was going elsewhere. I see no hint of such a thing in the context of this scripture.
When man stops breathing the body once again becomes lifeless. Man “goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” Psalm 146:4
Like you just said, "the body". You have ZERO proof that death means "cease to exist".

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your argument is that it doesn't mean what it says. Typical JW teaching.

That seems hypocrital to me when you don't believe what is written down in Genesis 3:19 and you think that's ok but when JW doesn't believe in the definition of the word torment you do at Revelation 20:10 you judge JW as doing something wrong. You seem to be judging yourself since you don't believe God was talking to a person at Genesis 3:19 you're changing it and saying that God was only talking to the body of Adam not the person who was Adam