Peter identifies Jesus as our God and Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your argument is that the Bible doesn't mean what it says. No surprise whatsoever.

Actually isn't that you? After all you believe what Thomas says but obviously not what Jesus says. The scriptures consistently shows even after Jesus resurrection that Jesus has a Father and God. So are you saying the Bible doesn't mean what it says when the scriptures show that Jesus has a Father and God?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything written down in John gospel from John 1:1 and including what Thomas said at John 20:28 were written down that we may believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of God not God. John 20:31.
and the Son of God is God as per John 1:1, 5:18, 8:24. 8:58. 10:30, 17:5, 20:28.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the Son of God is God as per John 1:1, 5:18, 8:24. 8:58. 10:30, 17:5, 20:28.
John tells us in his gospel that everything he was inspired to write down which includes John 1:1 was so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. John 20:31 You don't want to believe what John was inspired to write down, then don't. John believed what Peter believed, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John tells us in his gospel that everything he was inspired to write down which includes John 1:1 was so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. John 20:31 You don't want to believe what John was inspired to write down, then don't. John believed what Peter believed, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the God.
Since you mention John 1,
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually isn't that you? After all you believe what Thomas says but obviously not what Jesus says.
If what Thomas said was a lie then it was blasphemy! Jesus replied to Thomas:
John 20:29 (NKJV)
29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.
The scriptures consistently shows even after Jesus resurrection that Jesus has a Father and God. So are you saying the Bible doesn't mean what it says when the scriptures show that Jesus has a Father and God?
Again, you didn't even read my posts. So what if Jesus said His Father is His God? Try answering my question for a change.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you mention John 1,
John 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Should John 1:3 be translated Made by Him” or “Through Him”
The Greek Text for John 1:3 in all four Bible versions is as follows,

πάντα διʼ αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο

The transliterated form is panta di’ autou egeneto. The first Greek word is panta. It means “all.” The next Greek word is di’. It is an abbreviation of dia since this Greek word appears before a word with a vowel. The Greek word autou means “him, her or it.” The root meaning of the Greek word egeneto is “to become.”

The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology states that the Greek word dia means “‘through” when followed by a noun in the genitive case.[1] Therefore, since autou is in the genitive case, dia means “through.” The Greek lexicon adds that dia refers to the instrument “through” which the “action passes before it is accomplished.”

[2]The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, a Greek Lexicon, states that dia means “passing through and out from,”[3] The Greek-Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature defines dia as “through, throughout” when the genitive is used.

Meaning of John 1:3
Since the Greek word autou means “Him” and autou in John 1:3 is in the genitive case, the correct definition of dia is “‘through.” That is, the Greek autou in this verse is in the genitive case. This means all things were created through Christ. Therefore, the KJV is not the correct translation of the Greek text. That is why the NKJV, an updated version of the KJV, has translated the verse as “through.” That is the correct translation.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kcnalp says:
John 20:29 (NKJV)
29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.[/QUOTE]

What are you trying to say by quoting John 20:29

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should John 1:3 be translated Made by Him”
Amen! Glad you confessed!
or “Through Him”
The Greek Text for John 1:3 in all four Bible versions is as follows,

πάντα διʼ αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο

The transliterated form is panta di’ autou egeneto. The first Greek word is panta. It means “all.” The next Greek word is di’. It is an abbreviation of dia since this Greek word appears before a word with a vowel. The Greek word autou means “him, her or it.” The root meaning of the Greek word egeneto is “to become.”

The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology states that the Greek word dia means “‘through” when followed by a noun in the genitive case.[1] Therefore, since autou is in the genitive case, dia means “through.” The Greek lexicon adds that dia refers to the instrument “through” which the “action passes before it is accomplished.”

[2]The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, a Greek Lexicon, states that dia means “passing through and out from,”[3] The Greek-Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature defines dia as “through, throughout” when the genitive is used.

Meaning of John 1:3
Since the Greek word autou means “Him” and autou in John 1:3 is in the genitive case, the correct definition of dia is “‘through.” That is, the Greek autou in this verse is in the genitive case. This means all things were created through Christ. Therefore, the KJV is not the correct translation of the Greek text. That is why the NKJV, an updated version of the KJV, has translated the verse as “through.” That is the correct translation.
Who taught you Greek? Kingdom Hall maybe?

John 1 The Word was God!
Amen John!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Argue all you want but even the NKJV says through Jesus not by Jesus.
Argue? I asked a simple question. Who taught you Greek? Kingdom Hall maybe? Please stop trying to rewrite our Christian Bibles. I don't think you're qualified.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Argue? I asked a simple question. Who taught you Greek? Kingdom Hall maybe? Please stop trying to rewrite our Christian Bibles. I don't think you're qualified.

And I told you the New King James Version Bible says through Jesus not by Jesus, so does the New American Standard Version Bible, English Standard Version Bible. None of these Bibles had anything to do with the kingdom Hall.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No difference Barney. Anyway you already admitted:
"Should John 1:3 be translated Made by Him”

Stating something like this: "Should John 1:3 be translated made by him," is a question kcnalp, it's not my fault that you can't read the English language accurately. I didn't admit anything I posed a question then answered that question.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stating something like this: "Should John 1:3 be translated made by him," is a question kcnalp, it's not my fault that you can't read the English language accurately. I didn't admit anything I posed a question then answered that question.
A question is usually ended with a question mark. You didn't. You made a statement. Anyway, "the Word was God" is FACT. Even the NWT agrees.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I told you the New King James Version Bible says through Jesus not by Jesus, so does the New American Standard Version Bible, English Standard Version Bible. None of these Bibles had anything to do with the kingdom Hall.
Same thing! Jesus is God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question is usually ended with a question mark. You didn't. You made a statement. Anyway, "the Word was God" is FACT. Even the NWT agrees.

I text people everyday and ask questions Without using a question mark and they understand it's a question, so like I said, it's not my fault you can't read English accurately.
Also "The Word was a God" because the 1st half of John 1:1 says, "the Word was with the God," FACT.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I text people everyday and ask questions Without using a question mark and they understand it's a question, so like I said, it's not my fault you can't read English accurately.
Literate English speaking people normally use question marks.
Also "The Word was a God" because the 1st half of John 1:1 says, "the Word was with the God," FACT.
Jesus was "a God"? Says who, Kingdom Hall? How many "Gods" does Kingdom Hall believe in? Notice, I used question marks with my questions.

John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

Last edited:

PGS11

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no debate he is the first person in the Gospels to proclaim Jesus as the Christ if there is someone else before him show me. Unfortunately for Peter he put his foot in his mouth and Jesus was rebuking him as satan moments later.
Thinking on that moment I probably would of done the same thing - someone I love was talking about dying - of course Peter was unaware of what really was happening - I would of tried to talk him out of it too and Jesus would rebuke me and he would be right. Peter was in a bad spot and no doubt satan was there to temp Jesus when Peter said it.
Peter was a flawed human just like everyone else but after he received the holy spirit he became Bold Burning with faith and ready to die for it as we read in the acts of the apostles - people were afraid to look him in the eye. A completely different Peter as we can see in his letters and the stories about him. He is mentioned more than anyone else in the gospels. I think 109 times in the 4 gospels.
Interesting person.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you mean by this?
What I mean is simply this: anyone who denies that Jesus is God CANNOT be saved.

Only God as Man could pay for the sins of the whole world, and the Bible is crystal clear that Jesus is God. That is called the deity of Christ (although some use the term divinity, which is not exactly the same).