Philippians 2:12

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once when I was baptized and had my sins remitted since then I have continued to walk in the light (1 John 1:7) and have not abandoned that walk altogether.

Some do abandon that walk and leave Christ becoming lost and remain lost unless, until they repent and return back to walking in the light.

Again the verb work in Phil 2:12 shows an action that is ongoing sustained. Similar to the idea one is not to quit running the race till he has crossed the finish line. Quit running the race one will not cross the finish line, will not enter the strait gate. Hebrews 12:1
Is there a reference in the Old Testament of this race runner

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is lost, s/he was never saved. Romans 8.38-39

That's the excuse OSAS likes to use. Like, "well, they didn't really believe on Jesus, so they were not saved." They say the same things about the five foolish virgins in Matt.25 which Jesus will shut the door on. Yet they had the lamps with the Oil in them, and were waiting on the bridegroom to come just as the five wise virgins were.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's the excuse OSAS likes to use. Like, "well, they didn't really believe on Jesus, so they were not saved." They say the same things about the five foolish virgins in Matt.25 which Jesus will shut the door on. Yet they had the lamps with the Oil in them, and were waiting on the bridegroom to come just as the five wise virgins were.
False reasoning; sorry. Romans 8.38-39 is clear; so is John 10.28-29:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting they were awaiting the bridegroom, there’s a reference to Him in the psalms also.

Reactions: Davy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
Many pluckers among us looking too pluck anyone pluckable.

Reactions: marks

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8:38-39 does not say that. You're confused.

Rom 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

Romans 8:1 is what you're referring to, and IT HAS A CONDITION...

Rom 8:1
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

KJV

Apostle Paul put that condition in what he said (highlighted there in red). Men's false OSAS doctrines try to omit that condition. They do the same with Paul's condition in Galatians 5 also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Romans 8:38-39 does not say that. You're confused.

Rom 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

Romans 8:1 is what you're referring to, and IT HAS A CONDITION...

Rom 8:1
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

KJV

Apostle Paul put that condition in what he said (highlighted there in red). Men's false OSAS doctrines try to omit that condition. They do the same with Paul's condition in Galatians 5 also.
And this condition is what characterizes true believers. "By their fruits ye shall know them"(Matthew 7.20).

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Is there a reference in the Old Testament of this race runner
Off the top of my head I cannot think of one. Under the OT law a Jew was physically born into a covenant relationship with God, yet the Jew still had to remain obedient to God to be saved. Most did not and God gave them up to their rejection of Him and cast them off from being His chosen, Romans 11.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An apostate has some light; but never life.

No, really, listen to what he said. The word 'apostate' means to have left what one had believed. In the case of belief on Jesus, no apostate can become an apostate without having first believed on Jesus as their Saviour.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off the top of my head I cannot think of one. Under the OT law a Jew was physically born into a covenant relationship with God, yet the Jew still had to remain obedient to God to be saved. Most did not and God gave them up to their rejection of Him and cast them off from being His chosen, Romans 11.
Have a look at psalm 19

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, really, listen to what he said. The word 'apostate' means to have left what one had believed. In the case of belief on Jesus, no apostate can become an apostate without having first believed on Jesus as their Saviour.
But it evidently wasn't saving faith; the Parable of the Sower clearly show examples of what looks like faith but is not, truly.