PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This pic is taken in the Old City - Jerusalem - not far from the Wailing wall.

It's a wonderful portrait. The exposure is just perfect. I'm guessing afternoon light, unless you warmed up the image a bit. Her relaxed posture and friendly smile contrast strongly with the lethal weapon she cradles in her lap. It nicely illustrates your text. Well done.

I would have cropped a bit off the sides to make her face and posture more prominent in the composition, and to move her slightly out of the center of the image. But even as it is, it's one of those images I wish I had taken.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's just amazing. Looks unreal. I gather it's a domesticated strain of some kind of fox. The only "fire fox" I was aware of, is this:
animals_hero_redpanda.jpg

Not my shot, BTW. Red Panda or 火狐 (fire fox).
Saw a family of these in Auckland zoo.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh so the fire fox is actually real?! And not just some web browser. :eek:

I pulled it up..there is one, but not like that fabulous photo I posted , which was not real ...I should have googled it first LOL
Whenever we think something looks too good to be true...it usually IS!
I got taken...the real fire fox is nothing as flashy.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only benefit I'm drawing from lockdown is an increase in my stock of paintings that no one will want to buy until I'm a dead and gone artist.
The latest is of my home town shopping on a rainy winter's evening.
Fish-Hill-framed.png

Great work, it's so hard selling stuff sometimes, I know the feeling lolz, I need to clear some stuff from my workshop.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of its age our car, in spite of its immaculate condition, was uninsurable.

In those days, they built cars to last. Heavy steel frames and sheet metal that could take a hit without crumpling like foil. But not all modern cars are junk. When my daughter wanted a smart car, I was concerned about safety. I shouldn't have been. I found a video where the company ran an unmanned smart car into a masonry wall at 60 miles an hour.

Most of the car flew off in a cloud of broken parts. Except the passenger compartment, which was intact. You could even open the doors. And that satisfied me.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A spider? I saw one of those big huntsman spiders yesterday morning! As I opened the car door, I got a stick and I flicked it off onto the ground.

It then went behind my front tire, I then got into the car and reversed, I don't know if it moved away before then. :D
I suppose we could all offer some stories about the huntsman. My wife and I were traveling along Mt Dandenong road, and pulled up at the lights. A massive huntsman detached itself from wherever it was hiding and wandered aimlessly across the passenger side window 3 inches from the wife's left cheek. That it was on the outside made no difference to my wife's reaction... Which was horror... And it decided to curl up behind the rear view mirror on the left door pillar. My wife was not happy. But the people in the car next to us found the entire event totally hilarious and made their day I'm sure.
Situations like that call for a calm relaxed demeanor on the part of the driver... Me... Husband and skillful diplomat... Empathy... And an innate talent for hiding a total meltdown of uncontrollable laughter under the guise of compassion and a sincere promise to deal with the issue as soon as practicable.
What made it all worse was that it was the very same spider that crawled across the windscreen as we were departing our own driveway 15 minutes before hand and my heartfelt reassurance that said spider would fall off as we accelerated down the road. Clearly said arachnid had different intentions.

Reactions: Nancy and Josho

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In those days, they built cars to last. Heavy steel frames and sheet metal that could take a hit without crumpling like foil. But not all modern cars are junk. When my daughter wanted a smart car, I was concerned about safety. I shouldn't have been. I found a video where the company ran an unmanned smart car into a masonry wall at 60 miles an hour.

Most of the car flew off in a cloud of broken parts. Except the passenger compartment, which was intact. You could even open the doors. And that satisfied me.
My best friend offline who died 3-1-2020 bought a new Smart car several years ago. He was attracted like you to that strong passenger compartment. Against his wife's objections to the tiny car he bought it. I wish I could say he and his car lived happily ever after. On the contrary, he had continuous trouble with it. It was all covered under warranty, but he had to take to the car to a dealer about 50 miles away for each episode. If it were once it would not have been bad. It was an ever repeating sequence [I lost track of the times] for which he finally ran out of patience got rid of the car.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I did on my summer vacation...
49949430803_ff10ea31f9_b.jpg

Mrs. Yehren wanted a small seating area in the corner of the yard by the gate. I decided to extend the patio to another level.
49833833478_f22cb343b6_b.jpg

Awesome! My husband is not a handy man.
Anytime you want to visit Canada come on up and bring your tools! :D :D

Reactions: Nancy and Yehren

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome! My husband is not a handy man.
Anytime you want to visit Canada come on up and bring your tools!

Until my late 60s, I wasn't very handy, either. Then I just started trying to do stuff. Eventually, one learns. And a hint:
No matter what it is you want to do, someone has done it and put it on You Tube. It's been a genuine education for me.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen