PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't take this picture, but here is one of the lesser known Australian creatures called the Quokka.

images

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't take this picture, but here is one of the lesser known Australian creatures called the Quokka.

images
So cute. Isn't it interesting that the creatures here are so contrasting. The above, the koala, the wombat, the kangas, you wanna hug and take home. In contrast they're are others all around you hiding in the bushes, under the toilet seat, and sitting in plush leather seats in Canberra that want you for dinner.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So cute. Isn't it interesting that the creatures here are so contrasting. The above, the koala, the wombat, the kangas, you wanna hug and take home. In contrast they're are others all around you hiding in the bushes, under the toilet seat, and sitting in plush leather seats in Canberra that want you for dinner.
@Backlit I do think the koala is a quintessentially Australian animal... :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even with the blight of sin God's creation is still wonderful. Lovely!
Thinking about this comment. You are correct of course. This world has such beauty, in environment, animals, fish and birds. And of course people. Sadly, that beauty has been marred by predation and death and all manner of horrors, yet there remains still a powerful reflection of God's love and care and a testament to His desire for us to be happy. We cannot possibly imagine how it must have broken God's heart contemplating the flood... Consider how profoundly more beautiful the earth was so soon after creation. I look forward to witnessing the creation of the new Earth. I just hope the surf's good. images (13).jpeg

Reactions: Josho and TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thinking about this comment. You are correct of course. This world has such beauty, in environment, animals, fish and birds. And of course people. Sadly, that beauty has been marred by predation and death and all manner of horrors, yet there remains still a powerful reflection of God's love and care and a testament to His desire for us to be happy. We cannot possibly imagine how it must have broken God's heart contemplating the flood... Consider how profoundly more beautiful the earth was so soon after creation. I look forward to witnessing the creation of the new Earth. I just hope the surf's good. View attachment 10918
@Bakclit Great photo!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thinking about this comment. You are correct of course. This world has such beauty, in environment, animals, fish and birds. And of course people. Sadly, that beauty has been marred by predation and death and all manner of horrors, yet there remains still a powerful reflection of God's love and care and a testament to His desire for us to be happy. We cannot possibly imagine how it must have broken God's heart contemplating the flood... Consider how profoundly more beautiful the earth was so soon after creation. I look forward to witnessing the creation of the new Earth. I just hope the surf's good. View attachment 10918
the curl of that wave....just like the shavings off a jade carving

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

That's one beautiful wave there, did you take that picture?

Reactions: farouk

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jupiter tonight on phone camera, looks more like a star in this pic, but that's as far as it would go and hard to get a good night picture at maximum zoom with no tripod. :p

It's a very good night for planet watching and stargazing though. Saturn is also somewhere up there, it's not in this picture, or not visible in the picture at least haha (I think it's outside this picture's borders), and it's harder to see than Jupiter, but if you have a telescope set up you may just see It with the rings.

IMG20201013231352.jpg

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jupiter tonight on phone camera, looks more like a star in this pic, but that's as far as it would go and hard to get a good night picture at maximum zoom with no tripod. :p

It's a very good night for planet watching and stargazing though. Saturn is also somewhere up there, it's not in this picture, or not visible in the picture at least haha (I think it's outside this picture's borders), and it's harder to see than Jupiter, but if you have a telescope set up you may just see It with the rings.

View attachment 11082
Okay. Out I go with my little telescope.

Reactions: Josho