PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My usual morning visitors....
View attachment 22473
No he/she is not the culprit.

The last couple of days I've been battling am unknown critter who has suddenly decided to strip off the green stalks off my two young apple-banana plants I've started to grow in pots in the back. I just bought some chicken wire and covered each pot. I believe each of the root systems are still 'alive' and healthy.

I think this is an attack by a certain squirrel gone rogue....maybe the neighbor, one house over, since he installed a bird feeder, that squirrels love to gorge in, promoted and increase their appetites and palettes for more exotic and edible things to eat...

Well I also added strong hot pepper seeds and seasoning on the ground around the pots...we'll see if they scat

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No he/she is not the culprit.

The last couple of days I've been battling am unknown critter who has suddenly decided to strip off the green stalks off my two young apple-banana plants I've started to grow in pots in the back. I just bought some chicken wire and covered each pot. I believe each of the root systems are still 'alive' and healthy.

I think this is an attack by a certain squirrel gone rogue....maybe the neighbor, one house over, since he installed a bird feeder, that squirrels love to gorge in, promoted and increase their appetites and palettes for more exotic and edible things to eat...

Well I also added strong hot pepper seeds and seasoning on the ground around the pots...we'll see if they scat
I've got 4 feijoa plants in pots. Be a couple of years yet before they fruit but I can foresee a battle royal with the local parrot population in future. I'm going to leave them in pots... Be much bigger than they have now... Because we won't be in this place forever. Feijoas aren't something I want to leave behind.
Squirrels huh? Cute little critters and very resourceful according to reports.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got 4 feijoa plants in pots. Be a couple of years yet before they fruit but I can foresee a battle royal with the local parrot population in future. I'm going to leave them in pots... Be much bigger than they have now... Because we won't be in this place forever. Feijoas aren't something I want to leave behind.
Squirrels huh? Cute little critters and very resourceful according to reports.
A type of juicy Guava plant...I love them..some from S. America. That would be a nice addition to my backyard with the dwarf Cavendish banana trees,,,

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look into her eyes...your (g/gg)-(grand)mother knows.

8k1gasgosb091.jpg

We are about to enter the land of scarcity......

Reactions: dev553344

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Key Line" on the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Camera.
With the keyline technique the colours are reduced to only a few. In the image, several different shades of a colour are thus combined to fields of a single colour and bordered with a black "key line" (keyline) in the focus area.
In the blurred area the fields remain without black outlines

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dude, thats awesome!!! I’d love to be a storm chaser.
Nah. My family comes from Kansas. You see one of those things, you turn your butt around and drive the other way as fast as you can, speed limits be damned.

[EDIT] Okay, technically, if you can determine the tornado's direction of travel, it's best to go perpendicular to it in order to get out of the storm's path. My mom had a story about this actually happening to her when she was a little girl in Kansas. Grandpa thought he might have to go off-road through some farmer's corn field to get the family out of harm's way.

I did note that the taillights in that picture were pointing the wrong way, and some Darwin-award candidates had pulled off the side of the road in order to take pictures. Hopefully that means the storm is moving away from the camera, not towards it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344