PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Each to his own. I wasn't being critical Helen, it's something that many people enjoy. It's just not for me. xx

30 years ago when he was a young med student ..he made my daughter go along. Later when the girls were born, he took them with him as toddlers!!

Now, he just can't understand why none of his family enjoy doing it with him!!
My golly ..my daughter and my grandchildren were bored out of their tree...
Yawn...he cannot understand why they don't understand why he enjoys it.. :D

Dave says that Fishing is like watching paint dry, and much cheaper.

( most of the rods cost over $1,000...it is not a cheap hobby by any means)o_O

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't imagine what it would be like having gorgeous Canada and all her resources as your back yard.
From what I've seen the US has some stunning places too. And here in the UK we have some beautiful areas although they not as large. :D

Reactions: Helen and farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
30 years ago when he was a young med student ..he made my daughter go along. Later when the girls were born, he took them with him as toddlers!!

Now, he just can't understand why none of his family enjoy doing it with him!!
My golly ..my daughter and my grandchildren were bored out of their tree...
Yawn...he cannot understand why they don't understand why he enjoys it.. :D

Dave says that Fishing is like watching paint dry, and much cheaper.

( most of the rods cost over $1,000...it is not a cheap hobby by any means)o_O
I felt like that when I got taken to a cricket match at Old Trafford. Bored rigid!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't imagine what it would be like having gorgeous Canada and all her resources as your back yard.

True indeed Dave.
But over 30 years he has "done" most of the lakes and rivers in Canada..also Alaska. Now he likes to fly all over the world to the renown fishing spots.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each to his own. I wasn't being critical Helen, it's something that many people enjoy. It's just not for me. xx

When living in the country side, there was a large pond that the owner stocked each year with big mouth bass. They were always thrown back into the pond. It wasn't until there was a young teenager (daughter of a friend of another tenant) who came with live bait. Of course, she caught one after another as we all were only using lures. That was the last day I ever casted a pole in that pond. These poor fish were swallowing her hooks left and right, or going through their eyes, then being tossed back, in so I suppose at least they were food for the snapping turtles!! I was a bit appalled as, she just kept getting kudos from all the adults and I just felt bad for the fish, LOL! In Jesus day at least they used nets! I know, I am weird :confused: Hahaha.

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, one big fish, what did they use to bait it !!!
I must admit I have never understood fishing myself- but all those maggots and worms put me right off !!!! Lol
Rita

Probably used another small fish, I would think...or a rodent! :eek:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When living in the country side, there was a large pond that the owner stocked each year with big mouth bass. They were always thrown back into the pond. It wasn't until there was a young teenager (daughter of a friend of another tenant) who came with live bait. Of course, she caught one after another as we all were only using lures. That was the last day I ever casted a pole in that pond. These poor fish were swallowing her hooks left and right, or going through their eyes, then being tossed back, in so I suppose at least they were food for the snapping turtles!! I was a bit appalled as, she just kept getting kudos from all the adults and I just felt bad for the fish, LOL! In Jesus day at least they used nets! I know, I am weird :confused: Hahaha.

Oh I so relate Nancy. Agree.

The only time Alan ships any home is once a year Salmon from Alaska, to stock the freezer.
The rest of the year it is always 'catch and release'.

I think I was have given that kid a big push and knocked her into the pond!!

When I think of bears , wolves, deer , moose , elk etc ..being killed for "sport" it turns my blood to ice.

...b4a2d5a587fd1ba45065c0aa2ab0db05.gif

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I so relate Nancy. Agree.

The only time Alan ships any home is once a year Salmon from Alaska, to stock the freezer.
The rest of the year it is always 'catch and release'.

I think I was have given that kid a big push and knocked her into the pond!!

When I think of bears , wolves, deer , moose , elk etc ..being killed for "sport" it turns my blood to ice.

...View attachment 5958

Oh, SO with you on the "for sport" thing!!!

"I think I was have given that kid a big push and knocked her into the pond!!

Ahahaha...I sure wanted to push her and even more so, the so called "adults" who were just giving her all kinds of cheers and accolades! LOL.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy @Pearl @Butterfly @firstthings1st. @amadeus

My son-in-law is not home yet...but his hobby is fishing trips.
He just sent this photo last night.
Can't wait to hear this "Fish Story"

It weighs in at 256 lbs by measurement - it took 90 minutes landing it - Alan was doing some pretty hard pulling too!! I have never heard the name...but it is called a Tarpon. I am sure it was a catch and release... :)
A long trip to get there....but this was the icing....

..View attachment 5957
Quite the angler.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the angler.
When I was a child I’d get off the school bus, grab my cane pole and run about a mile through the woods to the creek behind my parents house. It wasn’t a very large creek, but it didn’t matter. It had fish. Brim about as big as my hand at that time.
There was an ancient man and his wife that lived down the road from our home. They lived in a small wood sided shack on a dirt floor. You can’t imagine the gratitude expressed when I’d give Lucille that stringer of fish. If I’d handed her a fish of that magnitude pictured I believe she’d have had an aneurism.

Good memories.

D

Dave L

From what I've seen the US has some stunning places too. And here in the UK we have some beautiful areas although they not as large. :D
I was in London for a few months and the surrounding area. And spent a couple of weeks of that in a village in Wales. I'm still enamored by the beauty and the lush green from all the rain. It seemed the weather forecast every day was "sunny with showers".

D

Dave L

True indeed Dave.
But over 30 years he has "done" most of the lakes and rivers in Canada..also Alaska. Now he likes to fly all over the world to the renown fishing spots.
I was in Ontario a few times in the 70s and British Columbia and still remember the beauty where everything seemed untouched. Possibly because I drove through Detroit which was extremely "touched" in getting there. Really pleasant landscapes to reflect on.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to say, some things categorized as "SPORT" are Dumb. And IMO Catch and Release Fishing is one of those Dumb Sports.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the great invisible pics, we have to use our imagination! :D

I imagine a fish caught, cooked, and on my plate. :)

Don't imagine after a day of fishing, my supper is still in the lake. :D

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Hisman