PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
View attachment 6853 View attachment 6854 View attachment 6855 View attachment 6856
Okay @"ByGrace" They look a little blurry to me but, can you tell me what the white ones on top and the purple on the bottom are called? The others hanging were 2 for twenty bucks today so, I thought I would put a splash of color in the yard :)

wow beautiful....you have a lovely garden...I am jealous. LOL
Mine is pathetic ...our winter has been so long and cold...nothing has grown.
So enjoy yours 'for me' too. :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow beautiful....you have a lovely garden...I am jealous. LOL
Mine is pathetic ...our winter has been so long and cold...nothing has grown.
So enjoy yours 'for me' too. :D
Just so you know, those flowers (whatever they are called, lol) grow wild. I do not a lick of weeding so, I can only give God the credit as, He IS my gardener. :D I will enjoy it for you too ♥
BTW - there are a ton of buds yet to bloom and these things stay right into the Fall.

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just so you know, those flowers (whatever they are called, lol) grow wild. I do not a lick of weeding so, I can only give God the credit as, He IS my gardener. :D I will enjoy it for you too ♥
BTW - there are a ton of buds yet to bloom and these things stay right into the Fall.
They look like hibiscus to me. We have a variety here that grow wild along the coast.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They look like hibiscus to me. We have a variety here that grow wild along the coast.

Thanks Quiet...come to think, I do believe one of my neighbors told me that's what they were! I am going to look it up now ♥
...You are correct! Thanks!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
View attachment 6853 View attachment 6854 View attachment 6855 View attachment 6856
Okay @"ByGrace" They look a little blurry to me but, can you tell me what the white ones on top and the purple on the bottom are called? The others hanging were 2 for twenty bucks today so, I thought I would put a splash of color in the yard :)

I have sent the photos to my friend Mary ( who comes every Friday to my house) she is very good at gardening and knows a lot about flowers...)

So I hope she can tell us...and I believe Quietthinker is right.... :)

They don't winter here...so here they are mostly just an annul . :(
I so wish we could grow honeysuckle here...I miss it so much, and blackberries too. Not here in Alberta. :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sent the photos to my friend Mary ( who comes every Friday to my house) she is very good at gardening and knows a lot about flowers...)

So I hope she can tell us...and I believe Quietthinker is right.... :)

They don't winter here...so here they are mostly just an annul . :(
I so wish we could grow honeysuckle here...I miss it so much, and blackberries too. Not here in Alberta. :(
Yes, I also found out they are also called Rose of Sharon!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
67299363_2580052348673543_8363952040157642752_n.jpg

Clovelly in Cornwall, England

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
67299363_2580052348673543_8363952040157642752_n.jpg

Clovelly in Cornwall, England

What a fabulous photo Pat...well found.

I would love that on my wall. :)
It looks a wee bit like the old town in Hasting too...I love those small back streets . All the doors in the old town of Hasting are so tiny..even I would have to duck to go in ( and that is saying something, as I am now only five feet and shrinking! LOL )

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our pond in West Falls Summer.jpg You can see the big mouth bass in the pond.

Our pond in West Fals.jpg the pond during winter.My backyard in West Falls.jpg From the back treeline, looking at the pole barn, the old corn crib there too. The house is in front of the pole-barn.

From the pond to the back treeline. Looks like we already started the fire...smoke on right!
Yard in West Falls from the pond side.jpg

Adam miffed at West Falls.jpgAnd, this is Sir Adam, sitting inches from me yet miffed that he has to be inside the pen :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Winter in West Falls.jpg A light dusting of snow...it was more wind than snow. It knocked down our light house!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy fab photos.... Wow you were on a big place was all the land yours...and did you have to keep it etc?

Looks lovely x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy fab photos.... Wow you were on a big place was all the land yours...and did you have to keep it etc?

Looks lovely x

Oh gosh no Helen! I rented the upper of a farmhouse, but the family treated me so well that I raised my own rent 25 bucks a month, lol. It had 9 acres in the yard and we could always be found at the pool in the summer and by the pond cooking out, and fishing with a nice strong fire that lasted all night. Or, either at my place or my friends place in the lower atp. of the HUGE barn. She was one of my landlords daughters...they were all 5 raised there, was sad to see my landlords die and the farm (as they called it) fall into disrepair...only drove by it once and it broke my heart as, I was shocked at how it looked...it was a great 5 years there and I'll always cherish them ♥

Reactions: Pearl and Helen