Physical and Spiritual Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 116:
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

Physical death is as certain as being born is a celebration, and it is an appointment we all shall keep!

Our spiritual birth, however, costs us a cross according to Luke 9:23. Not only must believers be willing to lose earthly comforts, but we are to pick up our crosses “daily and follow him”. That is to say, we must regularly embrace the suffering and loss that may come on account of following Jesus.
If you want to follow Him, you will have to die to self daily, and by dying, you actually live.
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

To be in right standing with God we must die a spiritual death of fleshly desires and be " born again" from above and become spiritual beings, saints, children of God !
Romans 8:5-39
“If you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.”

So even though it is appointed to pass from these mortal vessels, we can say as Christ, O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15: 55-58

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Psalms 116:
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

Physical death is as certain as being born is a celebration, and it is an appointment we all shall keep!
Exactly. Good job in teaching what the Bible actually says, rather than something we want to believe. It's a rarity these days.

The verse does not exclude Adam, being supposedly made with 'immortal' flesh and blood. Nor of Jesus coming in 'immortal' flesh.

Our spiritual birth, however, costs us a cross according to Luke 9:23. Not only must believers be willing to lose earthly comforts, but we are to pick up our crosses “daily and follow him”. That is to say, we must regularly embrace the suffering and loss that may come on account of following Jesus.
If you want to follow Him, you will have to die to self daily, and by dying, you actually live.
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

To be in right standing with God we must die a spiritual death of fleshly desires and be " born again" from above and become spiritual beings, saints, children of God !
Romans 8:5-39
“If you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.”

So even though it is appointed to pass from these mortal vessels, we can say as Christ, O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15: 55-58
Well done again. Doing good and evil is always a choice of angels and men. Trying to blame God for making our bodies with lust and sin, is not only childish excuse-making. It's also an old accusation against God, that He is the one tempting man to sin with our bodies made by Him.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.