Irrefutable biblical proof that death is abolished at the second coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it?

Scripture that states an immortal body?
I gave you it above and you ducked around it, as you do.

1 Corinthians 15:50-55: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] inherit incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying]. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed [Gr. allasso], In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and we shall be changed [Gr. allasso]. For this corruptible [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] must put on incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and this mortal [Gr. thnētos] must put on immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness]. So when this corruptible [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] shall have put on incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and this mortal [Gr. thnētos] shall have put on immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness], then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you it above and you ducked around it, as you do.

1 Corinthians 15:50-55: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] inherit incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying]. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed [Gr. allasso], In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and we shall be changed [Gr. allasso]. For this corruptible [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] must put on incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and this mortal [Gr. thnētos] must put on immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness]. So when this corruptible [Gr. phthartos or perishableness or decaying] shall have put on incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying], and this mortal [Gr. thnētos] shall have put on immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness], then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
You have added immortal body to the text.

The text says death puts on life. The text does not say a mortal body puts on an immortal body.

The word immortality is life in English. To not have death is to have life. All Paul is saying is that death puts on life. Which is nothing physical but spiritual. You are not restored to life until the spirit is restored to you. You are spiritually dead without a spirit. You have submitted to the Holy Spirit giving you His Spiritual life, as a loan, but Adam and the sons of God did not need the Holy Spirit prior to Adam's dead state. Once death has put on life, you will not need the Holy Spirit. You make it all about the physical and nothing about your spiritual condition. Tis you who are avoiding the truth of Scripture and avoiding the spiritual application Paul is talking about.

Now this body is corruptible, and yes the next body will be incorruptible. The body will be permanent, not temporal. But Paul does not address permanent and temporal in 1 Corinthians 15:53. That is addressed in 2 Corinthians 5:1. And Lazarus, the thief on the cross next to Jesus, and the entire OT redeemed had that permanent body that day, when Jesus said: "It is finished".

That is the only way any can enter Paradise. Dead flesh from Adam cannot enter Paradise. The OT redeemed could not enter Paradise. Lazarus was the first to receive a permanent body, yet he could not enter Paradise, until the Lamb physically finished the work of the Cross, which was to suffer until the point the soul left the body. Once the task was finished, then the thief could enter later that day when his soul left his body.

However the OT redeemed along with Lazarus ascended bodily Sunday morning and presented as the firstfruits. That is the point of 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits."

The OT were the first in the order Paul was given. All since the Cross have already arrived. At the Second Coming hopefully billions will be presented as those changed and glorified along with all in Paradise.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The text says death puts on life. The text does not say a mortal body puts on an immortal body.

The word immortality is life in English. To not have death is to have life. All Paul is saying is that death puts on life. Which is nothing physical but spiritual. You are not restored to life until the spirit is restored to you. You are spiritually dead without a spirit. You have submitted to the Holy Spirit giving you His Spiritual life, as a loan, but Adam and the sons of God did not need the Holy Spirit prior to Adam's dead state. Once death has put on life, you will not need the Holy Spirit. You make it all about the physical and nothing about your spiritual condition. Tis you who are avoiding the truth of Scripture and avoiding the spiritual application Paul is talking about.

Now this body is corruptible, and yes the next body will be incorruptible. The body will be permanent, not temporal. But Paul does not address permanent and temporal in 1 Corinthians 15:53. That is addressed in 2 Corinthians 5:1. And Lazarus, the thief on the cross next to Jesus, and the entire OT redeemed had that permanent body that day, when Jesus said: "It is finished".

That is the only way any can enter Paradise. Dead flesh from Adam cannot enter Paradise. The OT redeemed could not enter Paradise. Lazarus was the first to receive a permanent body, yet he could not enter Paradise, until the Lamb physically finished the work of the Cross, which was to suffer until the point the soul left the body. Once the task was finished, then the thief could enter later that day when his soul left his body.

However the OT redeemed along with Lazarus ascended bodily Sunday morning and presented as the firstfruits. That is the point of 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits."

The OT were the first in the order Paul was given. All since the Cross have already arrived. At the Second Coming hopefully billions will be presented as those changed and glorified along with all in Paradise.
The text i presented totally refutes what you promote. You have no answer for it.

How do glorified bodies procreate? Where does it say they even marry? How do they rebel against Jesus in their billions?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The text i presented totally refutes what you promote. You have no answer for it.

How do glorified bodies procreate? Where does it say they even marry? How do they rebel against Jesus in their billions?
You don't even remember what I promote. Because you turn around and ask silly questions that has nothing to do with what I even posted, changing the subject, instead of having an ongoing conversation about what was even posted.

You did not even explain what was refuted. I guess you refuted yourself, as that is all I hear from you is: "I did this, and I did that".

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even remember what I promote. Because you turn around and ask silly questions that has nothing to do with what I even posted, changing the subject, instead of having an ongoing conversation about what was even posted.

You did not even explain what was refuted. I guess you refuted yourself, as that is all I hear from you is: "I did this, and I did that".
You have to avoid. Your teaching does not add up. Address the contractions in your thesis. It is clear that you have no explanation. The Holy Scripture expose your error.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not true! You are redefining words to fit your teaching.

ἀθανασία (athanasia)

Thayer Definition:

1) undying, immortality, everlasting

Strong's Definition:

From a compound of G1 (as a negative particle) and G2288; deathlessness: - immortality.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to avoid. Your teaching does not add up. Address the contractions in your thesis. It is clear that you have no explanation. The Holy Scripture expose your error.

I never posted anything about glorified bodies. Define a glorified body. Define an incorruptible body. Define a permanent body. Is a glorified body, merely spiritual? Where in Scripture does it state: Adam and Eve had glorified bodies?

Adam and Eve were married. Where in Scripture does it state they were married? Would that principle not apply throughout time during this current creation?

It is said of the wicked prior to the Flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying, and being given in marriage. Why would that ever change as long as there is a sun and moon, and an earth to live on?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never posted anything about glorified bodies. Define a glorified body. Define an incorruptible body. Define a permanent body. Is a glorified body, merely spiritual? Where in Scripture does it state: Adam and Eve had glorified bodies?

Adam and Eve were married. Where in Scripture does it state they were married? Would that principle not apply throughout time during this current creation?

It is said of the wicked prior to the Flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying, and being given in marriage. Why would that ever change as long as there is a sun and moon, and an earth to live on?
More avoidance!

Scripture does NOT state Adam and Eve had glorified bodies! Now, answer my question.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true! You are redefining words to fit your teaching.

ἀθανασία (athanasia)

Thayer Definition:

1) undying, immortality, everlasting

Strong's Definition:

From a compound of G1 (as a negative particle) and G2288; deathlessness: - immortality.
Exactly, in English we would say life, not deathlessness nor immortality. Who uses "immortality" instead of "life" in English?

Jesus said He was the Resurrection and the Life. Jesus never said He was the Resurrection and the Immortality.

The translators just left the juxtaposition of mortal with immortality. Both words are still used in English. They did not go all the way to English, and put it "death puts on life", but that is what is meant.

It is not just about a physical body as you interpret it in your opinion. Paul is saying everything about us is death, even if we have physical life.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, in English we would say life, not deathlessness nor immortality. Who uses "immortality" instead of "life" in English?

Jesus said He was the Resurrection and the Life. Jesus never said He was the Resurrection and the Immortality.

The translators just left the juxtaposition of mortal with immortality. Both words are still used in English. They did not go all the way to English, and put it "death puts on life", but that is what is meant.

It is not just about a physical body as you interpret it in your opinion. Paul is saying everything about us is death, even if we have physical life.
It does not mean life. There are other Greek words for that. Stop twisting Scripture to support your beliefs.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture that states an immortal body?
LK 20
34 Jesus said to them, “The sons of this [world and present] age marry and [the women] are given in marriage; 35 but those who are considered worthy to gain that [other world and that future] age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 and they cannot die again, because they are [immortal] like the angels (equal to, angel-like). And they are children of God, being participants in the resurrection.

Philipp 3

20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

Romans 6:9
because we know [the self-evident truth] that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has power over Him.

• Love
Reactions: WPM

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More avoidance!

Scripture does NOT state Adam and Eve had glorified bodies! Now, answer my question.
Why not? That is what you claim when we are restored to Adam and Eve's original state prior to sin.

Adam was a son of God prior to his disobedience, and being placed into a state of death. Are you creating a third state?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop twisting Scripture to support your beliefs.
Stop using ad hominem posts. You know I am not twisting Scripture for some alleged belief. What belief would that be, that Jesus is Life?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LK 20
34 Jesus said to them, “The sons of this [world and present] age marry and [the women] are given in marriage; 35 but those who are considered worthy to gain that [other world and that future] age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 and they cannot die again, because they are [immortal] like the angels (equal to, angel-like). And they are children of God, being participants in the resurrection.

Philipp 3
20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

because we know [the self-evident truth] that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has power over Him.
The word immortal is not found in Luke 20:36.

You are adding your opinion to the text. Do angels have physical bodies like humans?

The other two verses don't say immortal body.

The body that Adam was created with, will be the body we are resurrected into.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not? That is what you claim when we are restored to Adam and Eve's original state prior to sin.

Adam was a son of God prior to his disobedience, and being placed into a state of death. Are you creating a third state?

Listen what people say instead of twisting what people say.

When did i say man will be "restored to Adam and Eve's original state prior to sin"? Man has never been glorified. He has never had a never-dying body.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does mortal mean death or not? What is the opposite of death?
Let the Bible speak for itself instead of imposing your opinions upon it.

• Life [Gr. zōē life or living].
  • Incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying].
  • Immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness].

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jeffweeder said:
LK 20

Philipp 3

Tim's reply
The word immortal is not found in Luke 20:36.

You are adding your opinion to the text. Do angels have physical bodies like humans?

The other two verses don't say immortal body.

The body that Adam was created with, will be the body we are resurrected into.
They are not the same body obviously.
We are then like the Angels who are immortal. If you disagree , then name one instance where we are told about an Angel dying.

We are like Jesus, never again to die...eternal life....remaining with him from hence forever and ever.
Adam on the other hand was warned not to sin lest he die.
Big difference between Adam's body and Jesus glorified body. We will all possess a body like his glorious body which can never die again.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen what people say instead of twisting what people say.

When did i say man will be "restored to Adam and Eve's original state prior to sin"? Man has never been glorified. He has never had a never-dying body.
Why don't you listen to what people post? I asked a question. I never claimed you said anything about Adam and Eve.

You obviously don't even know what it means to be glorified, or you would quote a verse to back up your opinion.

You would be in Adam's image even if Adam never sinned. There would be no sin nor death. You do invent a third type of body not found in Scripture. One either has the original body Adam was created with, or the one they have now. There is no third type as you propose that you named glorified and immortal.

We are not in God's image as a son of God, because we have the dead corruptible flesh handed down from Adam. Adam was in God's image a son of God. That is found directly in Luke's genealogy.

"Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

Adam physically died the instant he disobeyed God, and lost that incorruptible permanent physical body. His soul was placed in a body of death and corruption. Only two types of bodies.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the Bible speak for itself instead of imposing your opinions upon it.

• Life [Gr. zōē life or living].
  • Incorruption [Gr. aphthrsia or imperishableness or undecaying].
  • Immortality [Gr. athanasia or deathlessness].
Exactly, right back into the physical body Adam had from the moment he was a living soul, until the instant he disobeyed God.