Pictures and types - Hidden In Plain Sight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have earnestly prayed for the healing of someone with schizophrenia. I still am praying for his healing and salvation.

Believe what you want but I did mean everything I said.

I myself have a serious mental disorder and I know it's not something that is supposed to miraculously disappear through faith.

But I pray anyway. Because if God chooses to heal him, that could open doors for him to believe in Jesus as the Savior.

“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should. Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭4:2-6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Hello hate that for you, and your friend.

I would respectful rather dinner with you and your friend and offer prayers up to God with you.

Always pray, and also keep your eyes focused on Jesus. Keep having love for God and others.

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hate that for all the people dealing with this mental problems or disorders.

They said I had bipolar along time ago; maybe I do however I do not take medications anymore… I was a really bad hateful person who hated God and Christians and other people that was my ultimate suffering… hatred and murderous thoughts.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have mental disorder also. I thought I was healed once because it went into remission while I was on meds. I stopped taking my meds and had a psychotic episode that damaged my psychi. I will never stop taking my meds ever again.

What I learned from that experience is that being close to God and having his holy spirit in my life made my condition improve quite a bit. So now I like to be close to the spirit of God. He relieves my condition, but I still have to take my meds.

Devin, that is like me.

Although my theory is that medication causes you to not be able to stop once you take them. I accept that I will need them for life but I sometimes wonder if they aren't like that by design.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have mental disorder also. I thought I was healed once because it went into remission while I was on meds. I stopped taking my meds and had a psychotic episode that damaged my psychi. I will never stop taking my meds ever again.

What I learned from that experience is that being close to God and having his holy spirit in my life made my condition improve quite a bit. So now I like to be close to the spirit of God. He relieves my condition, but I still have to take my meds.

That is it staying close to God helps more than anything else!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a friend, he's with the Lord now, but he had "multiforme glioblastoma", and this was in the 90's when proton therapy was in it's initial testing stages. There was no treatment. The tumor spread it's fingers throughout his brain.

My friend grew worse, became comatose, and was dying, while his mother kept praying. One day, she was moved to request a new scan, at which time they found no tumor, and woke him back up. He lived for another 15 or 20 years, I forget exactly. He had a very dynamic prayer ministry after his recovery.

ON a simpler scale, I fell down a steep flight of stairs one night, I actually broke a 2" thick wood tread with my hip, my head bounced off about 3 places are so.

The people I was with pulled me out, guided me to a chair, where I sat, sore, stunned, everyone about 10 miles away, in fog. And there was beloved Jim, "Mark, would you like me to pray for you?" Jim is are real prayer warrior. I think he has a permanent gift of faith. YES!!!! I thought I'd be heading for a hospital, or at least have a concussion. He prayed, simple, as he always does, and immediately my head was clear, my pains were gone, and I was ready for our Bible study.

I was left with a bruise on my hip, not bad, enough to remind me for a few days how steep those stairs were, how hard I hit, and how none of that matters after Jim's prayer.

Much love!

Much love!
I had an eye infection and my eyes were shut and I couldn't open them. It was terrible. I had some people from my church come and give me a blessing. They prayed for me and shortly after I kneel down in prayer. I saw a vision of a Lion with black eyes. Suddenly I began to cry and my eyes were immediately healed. I couldn't afford to see a doctor at the time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin, that is like me.

Although my theory is that medication causes you to not be able to stop once you take them. I accept that I will need them for life but I sometimes wonder if they aren't like that by design.
My condition is set to degrade over the years. That's just how people with my condition degrade over the course of their lives. So I expect it to get worse. But so far I'm OK. and I've been on meds since 2001. Twenty years now.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin, that is like me.

Keep holding on to the Gospel of Christ dear friend next to your heart! God does hear our prayers and he does love all people and he desires for all to come to his son.

The Gospel of Christ is our hope, and the power of God unto Salvation.

Thank you and all here for sharing!

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother recently was in a coma and prayed over. He was not expected to live and he miraculously came back to life. He had died for 15 minutes. He's now talking and up and about somewhat. He's still in the hospital but the doctors can't explain his recovery. It was a miracle.
My sister died from cancer the year before last. Before she died, she had this testimony,

"I never knew how much God loves me until I was dying of cancer."

That also is, to me, a miracle. The emotional healing, well, if you knew my family . . .

Much love!

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My condition is set to degrade over the years. That's just how people with my condition degrade over the course of their lives. So I expect it to get worse. But so far I'm OK. and I've been on meds since 2001. Twenty years now.

I know a kind lady who has been on various meds in high doses for years before she got the right ones. She looks alright.

I don't really worry about my future too much. God has been good to let me get on a good set of meds early in life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing we do now is suffer for Christ having love for God and love towards others. Self denial is suffering because our flesh hates anything to do with faith but the spirit is willingly.

To reach out even if people don’t reach out to us, to share Jesus with other people even if they might not understand.

Sometimes it may seem like what you say falls on deaf ears out there in the world away from this place.

Please please please remember this; our words have an effect everything we say and even our actions they all play apart in our faith letting the Holy Spirit and spirit of Christ dwell in our vessel as the temple!!’

Reactions: Nancy and Truman

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all dying. And time is short, praise God and give thanks that he gives us life when we breathe in.

pray for all people

All of us are in need of a saviour please understand that.

take care. God bless

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've learned the same things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me too. What's wrong with me is known for getting really bad in the 50's and 60's, and I just turned 60. But God is good! And my life has never been better, though sometimes it's just miserable! But even then, His joy is still in me, at all times that I am trusting Him.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't mind, how did you arrive at the opinion that miracles, gifts, and healing are not for today?
I'm curious too, because, IMO, it does not come from scripture. Someone has to tell you the gifts are not for today. That seed of doubt has to be planted in a person from outside of the scriptures.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister died from cancer the year before last. Before she died, she had this testimony,

I never knew how much God loves until I was dying of cancer.

That also is, to me, a miracle. The emotional healing, well, if you knew my family . . .

Much love!
Sorry to hear about your sister. You're in my prayers.

I felt the love of God the most when I was homeless and freezing cold. He even miraculously warmed my hands a few times. I felt like he was with me the whole time.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your sister. You're in my prayers.

I felt the love of God the most when I was homeless and freezing cold. He even miraculously warmed my hands a few times. I felt like he was with me the whole time.
And He was. And is.

I think that has a lot to do with why. So we can find Him in these horrible places, and know, well, to quote Corrie Ten Boom, there is no pit so deep and dark that He is not there.

Much love!