Pictures and types - Hidden In Plain Sight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pictures and types - hidden in plain sight

Hello you,

You actually clicked here to view this thread. You may be curious to know what this is dealing with, the video above is an explaining the pictures and types found in the Gospel of Christ.

There are a few little snips of pictures that have a lot of information with in them for us to learn from. (We start off with a prayer first).

In my estimation this could open your eyes more to the realities of being lead by the spirit can bring forth in your life by looking and assessing what is being done in these stories as you see Jesus healing.

I am just man, and not perfect but if you really are curious to learn more about these pictures and types please feel free if you are lead to give a listen. The lesson is 30 minutes long, and many people may not have the time for that but you are welcome to come back and start where you left off if you like.

God bless you and your families,
And May grace and peace be found within your heart by the Lord Jesus Christ, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and Gods love.

Matthew G.

Reactions: Taken

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a little confused.

Do believe that the miraculous physical healing described in your examples are only metaphors for spiritual healing? Or do you believe they were healed physically in addition to it being a picture of spiritual healing?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are pictures and types of being free from sin or spiritual healing.

Wynona, I’m someone who believes that all the Bible has been completed. Not to exclude what God can help in providing someone to a doctor who can help a person out in their situations. But miraculous healing like Jesus did back the , and the apostles do not happen today, in my opinion.

For some people they may disagree. There was this man named Peter Popoff and he would get rich off “faith healing” or something like that. He would get information from people before the show then start naming off someone with a problem and then call them up and say that they been healed, people would listen to him and stop taking their medicines from the last time I heard.

There have also been people out there that desired their disabled son or daughter to be healed but they can not be done unless a doctor helped in some way, but my friend who is has problems with his muscles from his hands to his legs will never go away.

So it’s good to stay grounded in reality however the teachings that we see performed by Jesus is people with problems whom are being healed and today it is has a spiritual application.

If you have any thoughts or comments please let me know.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Wynona, I’m someone who believes that all the Bible has been completed. Not to exclude what God can help in providing someone to a doctor who can help a person out in their situations. But miraculous healing like Jesus did back the , and the apostles do not happen today, in my opinion.

For some people they may disagree. There was this man named Peter Popoff and he would get rich off “faith healing” or something like that. He would get information from people before the show then start naming off someone with a problem and then call them up and say that they been healed, people would listen to him and stop taking their medicines from the last time I heard.

There have also been people out there that desired their disabled son or daughter to be healed but they can not be done unless a doctor helped in some way, but my friend who is has problems with his muscles from his hands to his legs will never go away.

So it’s good to stay grounded in reality however the teachings that we see performed by Jesus is people with problems whom are being healed and today it is has a spiritual application.

Hi @MatthewG It's good indeed to understand the context of the signs and wonders in the Apostolic period as being before the complete record in Scripture of 'the faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude) was available.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be one to testify that you are mistaken, and in fact God does heal today, miraculously. I've received such.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Marks I love you either way it goes. You can disagree with me none of that matters but having love and showing kindness to you, sir.

Im not no better than anyone else here. All of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God it’s a great thing to be thankful for the Love God showed by sending his son to die for all people, and to be buried and resurrected and having new life with the Lord.

What an amazing free gift we have received forgiveness of sins, and a new life with Christ living by the spirit to have love for God and love for others out here in this life… even those who are rude and mean and drug addicts, and whatever you may consider the worst of the worse.

God sent his son out of love for everyone in the world, sir.

Let’s try to live and love while we have the chance and not fight and bicker over useless things.

Time is short and anyone we know could die tonight, … the world is passing away, sir.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey MatthewG,

Im not a cessationist. I believe the miracles, gifts, and healing are for today. It's not something that I think I can convince you of by discussion alone. The Holy Spirit has to teach all of us to bring us along in our faith.

The reason I believe they still happen is by personal experience.

People will abuse people's faith to make a dollar for sure, but that doesn't mean that all healing ministries are fake.

If you don't mind, how did you arrive at the opinion that miracles, gifts, and healing are not for today?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why doesn’t my friend get his legs and hands healed then?

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be one to testify that you are mistaken, and in fact God does heal today, miraculously. I've received such.

Much love!
I have received at least two miraculous healings and also know other people who have.

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this cessationist?

I am just a Christian believer and believe everything in the Bible pertaining to the church age and material age is over with and all things pertain to the spirit now, @Wynona

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not saying that God can’t help a person in going to the doctor or using a diet to help them out or anything like that. (Making wise decisions).

But what about people who are born with disabilities ? Or malformed genetics?

Can anyone answer that question?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the answer to that. Although I have received healing for other things I have not been healed of a cough that has been around for most of my life. He is Almighty God - he is Sovereign Lord an he has is own agenda and doesn't have to tell us why.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
My brother recently was in a coma and prayed over. He was not expected to live and he miraculously came back to life. He had died for 15 minutes. He's now talking and up and about somewhat. He's still in the hospital but the doctors can't explain his recovery. It was a miracle.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, thank you for your comment my question would be

Does God favor some over others if that is the case, in your opinion?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God for the @devin553344. That is a miracle and thankfully he is okay now.

I’m also simply talking about people with disabilities, and malformed genetics.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God for the @devin553344. That is a miracle and thankfully he is okay now.

I’m also simply talking about people with disabilities, and malformed genetics.
Oh. Yeah I would have to research that but I have heard stories of miracles like that.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Has he gone forward to be healed in church?

James 5:14-15
King James Version

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Also, some afflictions God says His grace is sufficient for.

Like with Paul in 2nd Corinthians 12.

Also, also does anyone really have faith that God is able and willing to heal him?

This is what God's Word says

Mark 11:23
King James Version

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Sometimes I think the way we overthink everything hinders miracles and healing from happening.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe my friend will ever be able to walk right or anything that like he was born with a disability.

That is my point I am trying to make.

Jesus healed a person who was completely paralyzed on a mat when four of his friends brought him to the Lord.

That guy got up and walked when Jesus said so.

The point is yes your can read about things like that happening but those are spiritual applications now today.

That man who paralyzed- was trapped in some type of sin of addiction (possibly) that he was able to move out of and his friends brought him to Jesus and Jesus broke him free of that addiction.

That is how stories are applied now today in our life when it pertains to the gospel people can get lost in the material aspect of what they read losing the spiritual side of it without noticing or relying on God to teach the what the story means, by the spirit.

That is why I created the video on pictures and types.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I don’t believe that will help in any way shape or form my friend… am thankful for those scriptures but that old material age of things and that church then are done in my view. I don’t really follow whatever a person has to say even if they use the scriptures to try to prove a point in all honesty.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not saying that God can’t help a person in going to the doctor or using a diet to help them out or anything like that. (Making wise decisions).

But what about people who are born with disabilities ? Or malformed genetics?

Can anyone answer that question?
God is Sovereign! We don't have to understand just accept him.

Reactions: marks