Pictures and types - Hidden In Plain Sight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona I don’t believe that will help in any way shape or form my friend… am thankful for those scriptures but that old material age of things and that church then are done in my view. I don’t really follow whatever a person has to say even if they use the scriptures to try to prove a point in all honesty.
MG, please remember this: People don't believe in miracles.....until they or a loved one needs one.

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My condition is set to degrade over the years. That's just how people with my condition degrade over the course of their lives. So I expect it to get worse. But so far I'm OK. and I've been on meds since 2001. Twenty years now.
In 2001, I got ill with untreatable Lupus. I was facing a 60% possibility of being dead in five years. I'm still here.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 2001, I got ill with untreatable Lupus. I was facing a 60% possibility of being dead in five years. I'm still here.
It's a miracle Truman. God blessed us with your presence. :)

Reactions: Truman

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin, that is like me.

Although my theory is that medication causes you to not be able to stop once you take them. I accept that I will need them for life but I sometimes wonder if they aren't like that by design.

" but I sometimes wonder if they aren't like that by design."
Nail on head! This is what I've thought for years and still do. I used to get sinus headaches that would sometimes turn into migraines. I always took Tylenol sinus. It seemed the more I too them the more sinus headaches I got! So, I stopped taking them and viola, GONE! I know God is responsible for ALL healings, whatever manner He decides...and I believe He delivered me from migraines years ago.

But yeah, I agree with you Wynona, "designed" that way...
They are legal drug pushers.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why doesn’t my friend get his legs and hands healed then?
No one can answer that with certainty. I personally believe that disabilities from birth are most likely given to a person to serve a specific purpose for that person or the people in that person's life. I have a Down's Syndrome son and I feel no compulsion to pray him out of it. I can see that it has been serving another higher purpose in my family's life. Also, I have had a bad back since I was 26 years old. I fell on it. God has never healed it, but it has taught me to depend on him to do things that I used to be able to handle myself...with pride. So that was not an easy lesson for me to learn, trust me. And it has taught me compassion for others who are in pain and suffering and how to pray with fervency out of love for them. When you live in impossible situations you want all the more for others to not live in those situations and so your heart goes out to them in effective fervent prayer (2 Corinthians 1:4).

If you want to see genuine miraculous healings you should go with a missions team that believes in healings to a third world country. Healings are perhaps the most effective witnessing tool the Christian has at his disposal. See, the problem in western society—besides the fact that Reformed theology teaches that the gifts have ceased—is very few of us ever come to the point of desperation for a miracle of healing, or whatever we need. In our affluent society there's always a doctor or a medication or a government check that will help us cope with our ailments and other problems. I'm not knocking those things, but they often keep us from sinking to the place of desperation of need where we HAVE to have a miracle from God. And so faith gets stifled and we may languish in an ailment or lack of something that God did not intend for us to languish in.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" but I sometimes wonder if they aren't like that by design."
Nail on head! This is what I've thought for years and still do. I used to get sinus headaches that would sometimes turn into migraines. I always took Tylenol sinus. It seemed the more I too them the more sinus headaches I got! So, I stopped taking them and viola, GONE! I know God is responsible for ALL healings, whatever manner He decides...and I believe He delivered me from migraines years ago.

But yeah, I agree with you Wynona, "designed" that way...
They are legal drug pushers.
You probably know about rebound headaches then. I suffered from refractory migraines for a few years. I was on pain meds at one point which just made them worse. After I got off of all the meds is when my headaches began to subside. I only have slight migraines now.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You probably know about rebound headaches then. I suffered from refractory migraines for a few years. I was on pain meds at one point which just made them worse. After I got off of all the meds is when my headaches began to subside. I only have slight migraines now.

Happy to hear you have them only slightly now. Mine were pretty debilitating, but only for the duration of the headache, I knocked myself out in a cool dark room with Excedrin PM's. The
refractory migraines are much worse. Praise god for delivering you from them!

Reactions: dev553344

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know God is responsible for ALL healings, whatever manner He decides.
I do too.
MG, sometimes we're healed through the miraculous. Sometimes it's through the practical, you know, how to treat a damaged body part, or make a change in your diet. Either way—miraculous, or practical—all good comes from God. If you don't believe that he can prove it to you. Sometimes things you are sure are going to help you, because that's what works in the natural, will suddenly not do that. All things work because God let's them work...or doesn't let them work. All good things come from God (James 1:17).

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy to hear you have them only slightly now. Mine were pretty debilitating, but only for the duration of the headache, I knocked myself out in a cool dark room with Excedrin PM's. The
refractory migraines are much worse. Praise god for delivering you from them!
Yes me too. I would have to sleep them off and they were too painful to sleep. God is good to Christians. Praise God for sure.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You came to the place of desperation where there was no where else to go and God met you there.
Yes. I've always believed that if there is another way to get help for a condition than God will likely not heal us. But if there is no other way then he is more likely to heal us.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God say he is going to heal everyone now today on earth through people?
Does that really happen now today on earth?
Have you tried to go up to a disabled person and try to heal them by anointing them with oil on their head?
You need to hang around people who believe in healings and who pray for people.
Just at the church I used to attend we prayed and saw a young couple's newborn baby born without an anus miraculously healed.
A man and his wife attending the church had a six year old boy who was deaf. We prayed, he was healed.
A devout couple brought the wife's brother who was dying of cancer to the church. Heartbreaking. He was middle aged with a wife and family. We prayed more fervently and loudly than we'd ever prayed for someone, with the laying on of hands. Honestly, I don't know the outcome of that one. I just assumed he'd been healed given the move of the Spirit in the room at the time. I just know when I saw the couple a few months later they were beaming.
All of these prayers had a common thread: These were answers to prayers for what I would consider borderline or weak believers. If you're going to see miraculous healings anywhere it's going to be among the unbelieving. Strong, devout believers can be healed to, but it seems if they're suffering through something it's for another purpose beyond testifying to the reality of Christ and the gospel. They're beyond that. But don't get me wrong. All believers should pray for healing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Marks I love you either way it goes. You can disagree with me none of that matters but having love and showing kindness to you, sir.
Sorry, but that's a cop out. @marks testified to being miraculously healed. Now either he was, or he wasn't. You either believe him, or you don't. By your response I take it you don't believe him. Why not? Do you think he was lying, mistaken and he's still sick, or his healing was not miraculous but came from something else?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

If you read this it is important to understand this is the truth of the matter.

The most important healing is the healing of the heart and soul of a person.

Many people will harp on their disabilities, and I get it. It also leads to a sad life of you are always in a state of why me this why me that, why God, why God did you do this to me.

Listen yesterday I talked to a person who said

“If God would just give me what I wanted you know, I would show more love to him, the Bible says that God will give the desires of your heart”

I told him is not Jesus Christ enough?

I said the desire of your heart is according the to will of God; which is our focus on doing…

Paul did the Will of God.
Jesus did the Will of God.
The apostles did the Will of God.

Is mans Will the same as Gods?

No it’s about self: me me me me me.
Gods Will is about : us looking having love for God being thankful for what He has done for us by having our sins forgiven by the Lord Jesus Christ and him being buried and raised from the dead…

This is the truth of all this stuff… it’s obvious everyone of us is going to die…. But the disability is not gonna kill you. One day your life will be taken away when it’s the Fathers time to call you on up to your judgment day…

The flesh is the flesh is died and corrupts you can’t save it but try to mend it by going to the doctor.

God can save our souls when we accept the Word of God and live by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ….

It’s not about us: it’s all about him.

I didn’t take time to read every comment but if you put everything in a pot and turn the heating on high all it melts down to at the end is the

Gospel of Christ.

Having love for God and sharing Christ with others when given the chance in a respectful, gentle manner.

I went a little to hard on the guy I guess either the truth got to him or something cause he just hung up. Would gladly get something to eat with him or whatever but if I was in the wrong for what I said God forgive me… truth does still matter and relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i read this today and thought of this thread.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. 2 Corinthians 1:3-8

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read that also to this morning, with breakfast @Pearl. That suffering they are enduring is doing the Will of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please understand

I don’t know who teaches you anything when it comes to your source you look to to tell you the information from your Bible my best suggestion is for people to read for themselves.

We don’t live for God to have our needs met; God meets our needs freely by the grace of himself being saved by having faith on the Lord Jesus who died, was buried and resurrected.

You are given new spiritual life. This body is earthy and it passes back down in to the dirt, the soul inside of your body is the real you. Your mind/heart/will/emotion. That is what God gave you when you were born and drew your first breathe you became animated: moving.

Now listen closely. This body breaks down over time. For all people, some people are born with disabilities but they are very capable of doing what is necessary to live. What is given to you by God is newness of life by dying with Christ being buried and resurrected into newness of life becoming a new creation.

The earthly body simply bears the image of the earth. The spirit of man tells you pick up the gun, aim, and shoot. The Holy Spirit of God and the spirit of Christ in you: notifies you to have love; peace, patience, joy, long suffering, kind, mercy, forgive.

The spirit of man is different cause it only know what man or woman knows; from the natural instincts to hate, covet, be jealous, be greedy, Jesus said it the best.

“And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:20-23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The greatest healing that can be given from God is the change of heart by becoming a new creation in Christ where your heart, mind, will is changed by having love for God: and in turn God works on you; and in turn you will start having the desire to love other people.

Some people believe it’s about God has to give them what they want otherwise they have no need for God and they are confused by what is the truth of these things it’s sad, but we are here to help them lead them to the truth and help explain the scriptures to someone who doesn’t understand them.

Amazing to wonder that God must perform an action before someone give gratitude to him… He sent his Son… is that not enough for people?

“But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:22-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read that also to this morning, with breakfast @Pearl. That suffering they are enduring is doing the Will of God.
So then I suppose all suffering that Christians endure is the will of God and he gives us the comfort - strength - we need through his grace.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG