Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
After faith is come.... And that is precisely what this thread is about. What is faith, and is it complete, or alive, without obedience to the law?
Word, and not only that, we know the law is insufficient, right? Ergo we might even be sinning while keeping within the bounds of the law! Iow the law is the minimum standard, and we should be doing better than that even?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol, nuff said right there i guess Scottie. DQed bro, sorry
Paul in Romans speaks of 'the obedience of faith' and 'obedience to the faith'; but it is definitely not a works righteousness that is in view.
i agree, but only bc if one is relying on the insufficient law, they are doomed, yes. If you cant do any better than the law go be a politician or a preacher or something imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Don't the devils also believe in the resurrection? That wasn't what I was alluding to. What promises are we to have faith in and what actions are we to take that reflect that faith in those promises?
ha ok well first we gotta change that pesky ol' faith into believe, right?
narf

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
lol, nuff said right there i guess Scottie. DQed bro, sorry

i agree, but only bc if one is relying on the insufficient law, they are doomed, yes. If you cant do any better than the law go be a politician or a preacher or something imo
This is what jesus meant in Mathew 5:20?
About being more righteous than the pharisees.
Easier to follow a few rules than to trust the heart.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
About being more righteous than the pharisees.
Amen, and you better believe that following your heart/doing the right thing is not going to be appreciated by those with a diff agenda right. Be prepared to give a defense and all that, to those who ask why. And while we imagine that these will be strangers, they will not; they will be our enemies, those of our own household
!

at least usually imo

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not say that I am perfect...but I will speak the words as they were spoken. I am convinced that anyone who is chosen of God is indeed special.

If your old man has completely died, no pride, no fleshly ambition, then you are walking in Him continuously and are perfect.

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have been receiving some nice insults from both @ScottA
and @Lady Crosstalk ....

I can't imagine why...
I try to stick to scripture but am finding it difficult with them.
Will no longer reply to either one.

They say that the truth will set you free....But the Apostle Paul found out the hard way that it will draw criticism and condemnation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have been receiving some nice insults from both @ScottA
and @Lady Crosstalk ....

I can't imagine why...
I try to stick to scripture but am finding it difficult with them.
Will no longer reply to either one.

You and Lady Crosstalk are two the the more knowledgeable ladies on this form. I pray right now...that you two could come to terms, because I believed it would be a blessing to this forum and serve God all so well.

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't accept it the first time; but let me remind you that John 6:47 has been referenced.

This is a false doctrine, taken out of context to support your tradition of man.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you took the scripture in context, this continues from my statement from before that faith is just the first step. Verse 47 says faith gives you eternal life, then as you read Jesus explains how faith gives eternal life. Because with faith you have your eyes opened to the truth and able to "eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood". Which is referring to living by the Word of God and repenting of your sins.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God did not bless Abraham because of his faith.

This was not the estimation of Paul...

Gal 3:6, Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7, Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8, And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9, So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

What promises are we to have faith in

The promise found in Romans 4:23-25.

Matthew 5:20 is to be interpreted by Galatians 2:21 and Philippians 3:9.

Pro 28:26, He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.