Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo they certainly could, i doubt the Good Samaritan would accept that he received the Holy Spirit, he would most likely just tell you to be gone with your religious mumbo-jumbo i think?
again i would say yes, if we are speaking spiritually but you, in this case, were not aware of the symbolism of "meal."

How was I not aware of the symbolism of "meal"? I can say there were no actual potatoes and a salad.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why not let God judge that?
ha well that makes a handy escape now, but regardless you came to believe, and went out into the wilderness to see, an implicit offer of immortality, right, bc you want to go up to heaven after you have died, and intrinsic to that is the pit that we dig for others, i mean you are just avoiding now the standard proselytization model, what we call "evangelism" now, yeh, "follow my instructions or goto hell" essentially, right. Bc can a practicing Muslim be accepted in your system or no? How about a profesed Atheist? If not, why not

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: possibly the worst thing you could do in your state, wadr. Jesus gave some very explicit, literal instructions that we do not follow, or even attempt to follow, and no believer talks about them, ever. Bring up the subject and they will change it, every time.
The largely Gentile Church has never been under the Law--that was settled very early--at the Jerusalem Council (see Acts 15). Our obedience to Christ is based in our love for Him and others--not on any set of rules.
yet if you dont obey Christ but say you do then what have you done?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
grateful is more powerful than love, apparently, which we have prolly skewed the defintiion of the last one to suit ourselves anyway, "love" is a pretty codependent concept now i guess

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well that makes a handy escape now, but regardless you came to believe, and went out into the wilderness to see, an implicit offer of immortality, right, bc you want to go up to heaven after you have died, and intrinsic to that is the pit that we dig for others, i mean you are just avoiding now the standard proselytization model, what we call "evangelism" now, yeh, "follow my instructions or goto hell" essentially, right. Bc can a practicing Muslim be accepted in your system or no? How about a profesed Atheist? If not, why not

I went out into the wilderness to die, so I could find my life.

Concerning a Muslim or an atheist, Why do you balk at my decision to let God be the judge?

Where did I ever say: follow my instructions or go to hell?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Smart to refuse to answer that!
smarter to refuse when it mattered i guess, when you bought that you were going to heaven. But bam try clever words, and find witness for them if you can. But who are we really kidding here? In order to attain heaven in the "afterlife" you must dig a pit for others, and you can dress it however you like imo.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
smarter to refuse when it mattered i guess, when you bought that you were going to heaven. But bam try clever words, and find witness for them if you can. But who are we really kidding here? In order to attain heaven in the "afterlife" you must dig a pit for others, and you can dress it however you like imo.

What pit have I dug for others?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, well, who in your estimation is going to hell?

[Revelation 20:10, Revelation 20:14-15] 10 Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. ... 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. [New Living Translation]
  • the devil
  • the beast and the false prophet
  • death and the grave
  • anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life
IMHO

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that reply does not comport with the question, no, you did not initially goto an unfamiliar place/congregation to die, at the time, now did you. It just makes a spiritual-sounding reply now, see

I went out into the wilderness to die. Did He lead me there at the very moment? No. He led Israel not by a direct route, because He knew if they saw war immediately, they would go back to bondage in their fear.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I went out into the wilderness to die, so I could find my life.

Concerning a Muslim or an atheist, Why do you balk at my decision to let God be the judge?
ha well its not that i am balking at any "decision" now, but rather reviewing the actual decision then
Where did I ever say: follow my instructions or go to hell?
ok so then you have never proselytized or evangelized, fine. Meant to speak generally there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[Revelation 20:10, Revelation 20:14-15] 10 Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. ... 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. [New Living Translation]
  • the devil
  • the beast and the false prophet
  • death and the grave
  • anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life
IMHO
so, there it is, right there, see sbg? Lets take this "vision" of "the revelation of Christ" a little more literally, so that we might go up to heaven and become immortals when we die like we misread in them other vv, too! See we wanna read that part of the Rev literally, right, but plenty other parts we dont wanna read at all lol. So now the pit has been dug for others to fall into, yeh?

Gehenna is no longer on Erets, all of Jesus' Words on the matter are warped, and Christians get to sing "When We All Get to Heaven" just like they want, yeh? And the fact that they just happen to have the biggest, meanest dog on the planet we'll just overlook for now lol.
ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't think we have. But if you don't want answer as to what pit you think you see I've dug for others, I'm fine with that.
if you dont want to answer how you might be going up to heaven after you have died without some other ppl being condemned to hell, i'm fine with that too ok.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And you say you do not fear the Lord. You certainly do if you refuse to be the judge!
but see you have adjudged yourself worthy of heaven based upon a proxy setup, any way you slice it, right. Your current belief is that you sinned and the Son of Man died in the past for your sin, so that you may not die for your sin, right? So that you will, not might, not prolly, but absolutely will without any discussion possible be going up to heaven after you have died, yeh? And in a diff venue at least you could be persuaded to delineate and expound upon those going to a different place, regardless of all the wadr pious statements made here?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I went out into the wilderness to die.
ok well my understanding is that we are supposed to do that at baptism, and wadr i seek to be one of the three who did not die in the wilderness. I think concepts are being confused there. too. Might be wrong though, i would seek other opinions. See at a certain point it is just easier for me to agree with you, and say that what you decide is what will matter for you, yeh? What you bless will be blessed, and what you curse will be cursed. Although the interp changes based upon your perception there i guess. Iow you can find yourself blessing evil i guess

Last edited: