Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ "I met God, got the Spirit

At - I stand at the door and knock. If any man answers, I will come in to him and share a meal with him.

And at - we know we are His children because the Spirit in us confirms it.

And at - many more verses.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, what is the difference is a confession and a testimony, i guess? Did Christ die for my sin or no?
Ok now did you actually meet God or no? What is your ref for that again?

Does a man receive the Holy Spirit and not know it? Could I eat a meal with you and not know it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not me Mark. I HATE the things. It is already ridiculous with VERY loud "Cherry Bombs" here (in my hood) and it's not even dark out yet. I can only surmise what might be going on in the minds of those with PTSD from the war. I will ask my nephew how he handles it...
I have 3 mini schnauzers all surrounding me on my bed...air cond. going loud (but not nearly loud enough), my one is a puppy mill rescue and is in her Thunder shirt and cannot get close enough to me, shaking and panting continually. So, needless to say, I have gone no where to watch fireworks or even left my home on the 4th of July for 6 years now. It's all good. :)
ha ya theyre insane huh. The ones that even make a sound like a bomb dropping? I go bc i am drug, but i like watching ppl so i go. But Americans, i mean what can you even say? It's a um testimony to me, how far off the path we can be led, yeh. Love minis, we had a couple growing up. Smart as a whip, man, we even had one learned to join in some little joke thing my sister and i did, by moving some object around? Forget what it was now. We're like "i didnt do that, did you do that? Shultz, did you do that?" "woof"

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ya theyre insane huh. The ones that even make a sound like a bomb dropping? I go bc i am drug, but i like watching ppl so i go. But Americans, i mean what can you even say? It's a um testimony to me, how far off the path we can be led, yeh. Love minis, we had a couple growing up. Smart as a whip, man, we even had one learned to join in some little joke thing my sister and i did, by moving some object around? Forget what it was now. We're like "i didnt do that, did you do that? Shultz, did you do that?" "woof"
Ahaha...yes they are too smart for their own good...lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Really?? You can show me a verse that opposes the assertion? You can find a verse that says: Bbyrd is not a rooster. :D
ok, it was...funny, for a minute maybe, but wadr i think we're kinda stuck in the mud now? You may sure say you met God and got the Spirit and call that a confession, too i guess, if you like. Imo witnesses would become pertinent there?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, it was...funny, for a minute maybe, but wadr i think we're kinda stuck in the mud now? You may sure say you met God and got the Spirit and call that a confession, too i guess, if you like. Imo witnesses would become pertinent there?

Is the word from God one of the witnesses?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If only you had left out that last paragraph.

The largely Gentile Church has never been under the Law--that was settled very early--at the Jerusalem Council (see Acts 15). Our obedience to Christ is based in our love for Him and others--not on any set of rules.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, I guess if I'm going to get stuck in the mud with someone, I'd prefer it to be you rather than many others in here. :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
At - I stand at the door and knock. If any man answers, I will come in to him and share a meal with him.

And at - we know we are His children because the Spirit in us confirms it.

And at - many more verses.
ok well Christ and Abba are diff to me, Christ you can meet, although imo you would be testifying of self if you said "I answered that door" (I am one of the few) and His Spirit in you would must needs be confirmed by someone outside your camp imo, lest you be either bragging or deceived, testifying of self, obviously to obtain a better seat, yeh?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok well Christ and Abba are diff to me, Christ you can meet, although imo you would be testifying of self if you said "I answered that door" (I am one of the few) and His Spirit in you would must needs be confirmed by someone outside your camp imo, lest you be either bragging or deceived, testifying of self, obviously to obtain a better seat, yeh?

If I try to obtain a better seat, it won't go well for me. He will decide where everyone sits.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Great question. And the answer is found in early Acts, when Stephen stood before the Sanhedrin and they blocked their ears and killed him. They represented Israel as a nation. They, as Israel's rulers, rejected their final opportunity to accept their nation's Messiah. They rejected Him. While there was an individual or personal aspect in this rejection, the greater import was their stand as official represemtatives of the nation, for that was Stephens law-suit against them...as were all the pleas of all the prophets before him. But there was a major difference in Stephens presentation...there was no call to repentance. Stephen was denouncing the nations rulers...and by association the nation itself...as being beyond redemption. He then rejected them...as a chosen people. The parable concerning the absentee landowner/king sending prophets, and finally his Son, who then destroyed those "miserable murderers". Yes, individual Jews/Israelites have always been able to accept Christ personally...and many have...but the nation is finished as God's representative people.

Good point. Apostasy (the word) stems from the Greek word from which we get the concept of divorce. That falling away into apostasy means falling away from a former good relationship.
Lots of information.
And this is what we should be doing....sharing.
I agree with all you've said.
Absolutely nothing to add except that maybe the U.S. is in the same situation these days? Not sure,,,I'm far away, but it sure sounds like it.

And thanks for the falling away description...very helpful.
If we fall away....we must be falling away from something!

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does a man receive the Holy Spirit and not know it?
imo they certainly could, i doubt the Good Samaritan would accept that he received the Holy Spirit, he would most likely just tell you to be gone with your religious mumbo-jumbo i think?
Could I eat a meal with you and not know it?
again i would say yes, if we are speaking spiritually but you, in this case, were not aware of the symbolism of "meal."

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great point.
So if one is UNABLE to obey and/or believe in the Son...

HOW could a just God hold that person responsible for this lack of obedience/belief since the person WAS UNABLED to obey?

How does a Just God hold anyone responsible for what HE determined?
Great questions!
I only have the answers that God gave Paul to write down for us to offer ...
  • [Romans 9:14-24 NLT]
    • 14 Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not! 15 For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."
    • 16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.
    • 17 For the Scriptures say that God told Pharaoh, "I have appointed you for the very purpose of displaying my power in you and to spread my fame throughout the earth." 18 So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen.
    • 19 Well then, you might say, "Why does God blame people for not responding? Haven't they simply done what he makes them do?"
    • 20 No, don't say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, "Why have you made me like this?" 21 When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? 22 In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. 23 He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory. 24 And we are among those whom he selected, both from the Jews and from the Gentiles.
God has the RIGHT to show mercy to anyone He wants, and the RIGHT to not show mercy.
Both those saved and those destroyed show God's Glory.

The real question is: Do you* believe that God is good?
If you* believe that God is good, then you* can trust that God's decisions will ultimately all be the right ones.
If you* are unsure about God's goodness, then you* have reason to worry about his decisions being "fair".
(* not "you" personally, but "anyone" in general)​