Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh really?

Do you know how many times I've been told that a person could LIVE AS HE WANTS TO because it's impossible to lose salvation once one has believed in Jesus.

You're not aware of this?

It is poor teaching that would result in a "Christian" saying that. It is impossible to lose eternal life once having gained it. BUT, they still must stand in front of Jesus one day at the Bema Seat and explain to Him why they have sullied the gift they have been given by living for the devil and not God. It is my experience that those who say such things are not really in possession of eternal life. Once we are "reborn from above" the thought of grieving the Holy Spirit and insulting the Blood of Christ with how we live, is definitely NOT appealing. If one truly has eternity in view, the world, the flesh and the pride of life has a vanishingly small influence on us.

Reactions: GodsGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right now we DO NOT have everlasting life.
Our everlasting life begins here.
This is the same principle that Jesus taught that our life in heaven begins
here in the earthly Kingdom. Jesus spoke mainly about this Kingdom.
About 100X vs 4 or 5 about salvation. check it out...it's true.

We WILL receive our everlasting life after death at which point we become a spirit and will never die again.

If we have everlasting life or death depends on what we do not.

What we should be doing is BELIEVING in JESUS....
remaining IN CHRIST...as so many verses state...
and we will be safe and secure.

See Philippians 3:11-13 The promise has not yet been attained.
See John 8:31 Jesus said: IF we CONTINUE in His word.
See 1 John 2:28 We are to abide in Him so as not to be ashamed when

He returns.

According to John 5:24, we have already passed from death unto life if we hear the words of Jesus and believe on Him who sent Him. What is the nature of that life? It is that we "have" everlasting life according to the same verse. Therefore from the first moment that we believe on Christ, we pass over from death into everlasting life. The nature of that life is that it will never end. In John 6:47, the one who believes in Christ in the present tense "has" everlasting life...this means that I have and will continue to have (for ever) everlasting life because I currently believe on Christ (assuming it is a heart faith and not mere mental assent as we have been contending for some time).

It is logical that when a man begins to have the right kind of faith, that this is a faith that will never leave him, it is everlasting faith; because the man has been sealed by the Holy Ghost and He within him is a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.

don't know why I should no one else has to around here LOL, but if you'll tell me one of your believes I will proceed to do just that. It's going to be a sour cherry OK LOL

You are full of hot air. I post my beliefs around here often. Pick one and disprove it if you really think you can.

Pick anything you want to out of the following thread:

Commentary on Romans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there is a judgment coming.

Those who are in Christ have been forgiven of our sins and will be rewarded/repaid for the good things we have done, i.e. we will be handed out rewards (1 Corinthians 3:11-15). Those who are not in Christ, none of their good deeds will profit them (Isaiah 57:12, 1 Corinthians 4:5); and they will be repaid for the wicked deeds that they have done.

These verses are given for unbelievers as well as believers. So when it says that we will receive our due for things done in the body, whether good or bad, if we are in Christ, the bad has been washed away/ blotted out of the record (see Acts 3:19) by the blood of Jesus Christ; and we will be rewarded for good deeds that we have done (Revelation 11:18). But if anyone is not in Christ, this verse tells them that they will be judged concerning bad things that they have done while in the body (Revelation 20:11-15).

There is a clear delineation between those who have done good and those who have done bad in scripture. In John 5:28-29, those who have done good will be brought forth to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of damnation.

All have done evil (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:10), so the only way to be brought forth to the resurrection of life is to have your sins forgiven so that only the good is what counts. In having your sins forgiven you will be made into a new creature in Christ who is inclined towards doing what is right and good. You cannot do anything that is truly good before then; before then all your righteousnesses are as filthy rags.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I haven't.
Send me the link please.

I don't know the value of talking about eschatology,,,but it's nice to know what one believes. If it come up.
Hi GG,
There are many reasons end times need to be understood, it is actually the main conduit to my becoming saved in '91. The following is a short article that names 7 reasons to not shun it. I find it fascinating, myself. We all have areas, I think, that we are drawn more to than others but...I think it is important nonetheless :)
It's not long to read ♥
7 Reasons Your Church Should Take Eschatology Seriously | The Master's Seminary

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes there is a judgment coming.

Those who are in Christ have been forgiven of our sins and will be rewarded/repaid for the good things we have done, i.e. we will be handed out rewards (1 Corinthians 3:11-15). Those who are not in Christ, none of their good deeds will profit them (Isaiah 57:12, 1 Corinthians 4:5); and they will be repaid for the wicked deeds that they have done.

These verses are given for unbelievers as well as believers. So when it says that we will receive our due for things done in the body, whether good or bad, if we are in Christ, the bad has been washed away/ blotted out of the record (see Acts 3:19) by the blood of Jesus Christ; and we will be rewarded for good deeds that we have done (Revelation 11:18). But if anyone is not in Christ, this verse tells them that they will be judged concerning bad things that they have done while in the body (Revelation 20:11-15).

There is a clear delineation between those who have done good and those who have done bad in scripture. In John 5:28-29, those who have done good will be brought forth to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of damnation.

All have done evil (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:10), so the only way to be brought forth to the resurrection of life is to have your sins forgiven so that only the good is what counts. In having your sins forgiven you will be made into a new creature in Christ who is inclined towards doing what is right and good. You cannot do anything that is truly good before then; before then all your righteousnesses are as filthy rags.

Yes. Those who have been forgiven through the cleansing Blood of Christ, are profoundly grateful and HATE the thought of disappointing Him. It brings tears to one's eyes just contemplating it.

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the sins of the whole world are forgiven, dunno if you maybe forgot that part LC.
You are full of hot air.
yes, i am just another salesman, at the end of the day, i guess, youre prolly right there
I post my beliefs around here often. Pick one and disprove it if you really think you can.

Pick anything you want to out of the following thread
would you mind just picking a belief of yours, this needs to come from you ok jbf, i am biased and crafty, i am an evil snake ok, to you, right now, and i would end up spending hours choosing the perfect belief to make my biased point, see, and i would prefer to avoid tha, ty. Lets not make this into a big deal, its really a common and widely held concept, i doubt you will even be offended by it tbh

Reactions: GodsGrace

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no son of man may die for another's sins; The soul that sins Will die.

[John 1:29 NASB] 29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

[Romans 3:21-26 NASB] 21 But now apart from the Law [the] righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even [the] righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. [This was] to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, [I say,] of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

[Hebrews 2:14-18 NASB] 14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. 16 For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham. 17 Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

[2 Corinthians 5:18-21] 18 Now all [these] things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

[1 John 2:1-2 NASB] 1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for [those of] the whole world.

[1 Peter 1:17-19 NASB] 17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay [on earth;] 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, [the blood] of Christ.

and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to you you too!

Soli Deo gloria is a Latin term for Glory to God alone.

how do you want to die might be more important?

[Matthew 22:32 NASB] 32 'I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

[Mark 12:27 NASB] 27 "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; you are greatly mistaken."

[Luke 20:38 NASB] 38 "Now He is not the God of the dead but of the living; for all live to Him."

[John 3:36 NASB] 36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
[Jhn 5:24 NASB] 24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
[Jhn 6:47, 54 NASB] 47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. ... 54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

[2 Corinthians 2:15-16 NASB] 15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16 to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Those who are in Christ have been forgiven of our sins
ah, the whole world's sins are forgiven, Christ has covered them all bro. So...ya, just "no," sorry. Fail. Reload. Whatever. dont. idc.
and will be rewarded/repaid for the good things we have done, i.e. we will be handed out rewards (1 Corinthians 3:11-15). Those who are not in Christ, none of their good deeds will profit them (Isaiah 57:12, 1 Corinthians 4:5); and they will be repaid for the wicked deeds that they have done.
so, "we" huh, based upon the mistake just above there, i wonder how you might define this "we" that wadr i sure hope i am not included in, at least if i am understanding you correctly. Is this the same "we" that sings "When We All Get to Heaven" bac? ty
These verses are given for unbelievers as well as believers
boy, you sound awful sure, esp for a guy who so often disputes that Christ's blood was shed for all, plus it sounds now like you are just latching on to a Preaching Moment, wadr, is there any chance we are ever going to get to a point here bro, bc alla sudden i am feeling like fodder again no offense. Dang i forgot what the dang Q even was now lol

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say this is a good point, and we might even explore it, but in my opinion the wording in the Bible is not really going to allow for that interpretation? I know it's The standard go to, but look at the slippery slope you're now on, the Bible can basically lie to us now, by that interpretation?

12When the woman saw Samuel, she screamed, and then she asked Saul, "Why did you deceive me? You are Saul!"

did the woman see Samuel or not?
If she did, does that mean that demons and witches have power over the souls of deceased Saints?

So much for “safe in the hand of the Father” ...

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If she did, does that mean that demons and witches have power over the souls of deceased Saints?

So much for “safe in the hand of the Father” ...

I think she scared herself. She would know that she was a fraud (as all who claim to converse with the souls of the dead are) but I believe that God permitted Satan to play a trick on her and King Saul. We already know that King Saul was plagued by evil spirits. Since she was a witch, her daily companions were evil spirits.

Reactions: atpollard

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if we are in Christ, the bad has been washed away/ blotted out of the record (see Acts 3:19) by the blood of Jesus Christ; and we will be rewarded for good deeds that we have done (Revelation 11:18). But if anyone is not in Christ, this verse tells them that they will be judged concerning bad things that they have done while in the body
ah, the confession-free salvation, sweet, innit? Swing anna miss bro, sorry. Acts 3 19 specifically states that rebound--"repentance" to you--is required for that, and you dont "believe" that works are required for salvation, see? Rebound is a lotta work, bro, work is what rebound is, no penance is involved at all--which would i guess be more works anyway, right--see, Strong's Greek: 3340. μετανοέω (metanoeó) -- to change one's mind or purpose , Strong's Greek: 3340. μετανοέω (metanoeó) -- to change one's mind or purpose , indicators of works --since this is first a mind thing i guess, sure--in bold, ok;
μετανοέω, μετάνω; future μετανοήσω; 1 aorist μετενόησα; from (Antiphon), Xenophon down; the Sept. several times for נִחַם; to change one's mind, i. e. to repent (to feel sorry that one has done this or that, Jonah 3:9), of having offended someone, Luke 17:3f; with ἐπί τίνι added (the dative of the wrong, Hebrew עַל, Amos 7:3; Joel 2:13; Jonah 3:10; Jonah 4:2), of (on account of) something (so Latinme paenitet alicujus rei), 2 Corinthians 12:21; used especially of those who, conscious of their sins and with manifest tokens of sorrow, are intent; on obtaining God's pardon; to repent (Latinpaenitentiam agere): μετανοῶ ἐνσάκκῳ καί σποδῷ, clothed in sackcloth and besprinkled with ashes, Matthew 11:21; Luke 10:13. to change one's mind for the better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins: Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15 (cf. Matthew 3:6 ἐξομολογούμενοι τάς ἁμαρτίας αὐτῶν; Matthew 3:8 and Luke 3:8 καρπούς ἀξίους τῆς μετανοίας, i. e. conduct worthy of a heart changed and abhorring sin); (Matthew 11:20; Mark 6:12); Luke 13:3, 5; Luke 15:7, 10; Luke 16:30; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30; Revelation 2:5, 16; Revelation 3:3, 19; on the phrase μετανοεῖν εἰς τό κήρυγμα τίνος, Matthew 12:41 and Luke 11:32, see εἰς, B. II. 2 d.; (Winer's Grammar, 397 (371)). Since τόμετανοεῖν expresses mental direction, the termini from which and to which may be specified: ἀπό τῆς κακίας, to withdraw or turn one's soul from, etc. (cf. Winers Grammar, 622 (577); especially Buttmann, 322 (277)), Acts 8:22; ἐκ τίνος, Revelation 2:21; Revelation 9:20; Revelation 16:11 (see ἐκ, I. 6; (cf. Buttmann, 327 (281), and Winer's Grammar, as above)); μετανοεῖν καίἐπιστρέφειν ἐπί τόν Θεόν, Acts 26:20; followed by an infinitive indicating purpose (Winer's Grammar, 318 (298)), Revelation 16:9. (Synonym: see μεταμέλομαι.

so once again, wadr, just no bro, sorry. You cannot claim any Acts 3:19 without rebound i guess right, and you have already stated that you do not believe works are necessary, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So when it says that we will receive our due for things done in the body, whether good or bad, if we are in Christ, the bad has been washed away/ blotted out of the record (see Acts 3:19) by the blood of Jesus Christ; and we will be rewarded for good deeds that we have done (Revelation 11:18). But if anyone is not in Christ, this verse tells them that they will be judged concerning bad things that they have done while in the body
you might also note how you have had to add "if we are in Christ, if we are not in Christ" to the v in question in order to make Scripture comport with your "beliefs"

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WADR this is a standard reply also, and we might easily test it due to the fact that Jesus left us very specific instructions for what he wanted his followers to do, yeah? First for the 70 and then for the 12 correct? no offense meant here OK, but talk to me about your desire to do those if you will, thank you
Sure. BG (before God) :) I wanted to be respected by the other gang members, to not get caught in any of my criminal activities, to set my enemies on fire, and to choose the time and place of my death rather than just another suicide by cop that would soon be forgotten.

AG (after God), I quit the gang, quit the life, abandoned everyone and everything I knew and made a “gentlemen’s agreement” with God for my soul. I exchanged the bomb and murder-suicide that I had planned and in motion for a new life of God’s choosing. Anything he wanted and anywhere he wanted to send me. A total exchange of my darkness for His light. My anger for his peace. My death for His new life. There is a word that I later discovered that describes the relationship ... “bondi” ... it is a type of slave, but not a normal slave. Moses talks about when a man has the right to be free but chooses to be a slave for another, then he pierces his ear with an awl and wears a ring so everyone knows that this man earned his freedom, but willingly chose slavery because he loves his master. I am a bondi to Christ.

So what I want to do is simple ... “LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

I mean let's not forget that we travel land and Sea to make one convert and then turn them into twice the sons of hell we are OK
Speak for yourself. I am one of those blasted Calvinists ... and EVERYONE KNOWS that we don’t evangelize. God chooses the ELECT. ;) [that was humor]

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, ty for the unsolicited sermon bro, but see the prob here is once again that you have already stated that works are irrelevant, and now look at what you are doing? Saying? So wadr i'm going out back to smoke some dope while you finish and pass the plate around ok, no offense. Have a nice evening ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All have done evil (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:10), so the only way to be brought forth to the resurrection of life is to have your sins forgiven so that only the good is what counts.
ha, so cute, its like i'm twelve and back in my first day of "church" or something, huh. Doesnt matter how many ways it is Quoted at you, you still just arent going to hear the whole worlds sins have been atoned for, are you. Guess the arg would just shift to some religious double-speak about the diff in atonement and forgiveness anyway, thank you Father that "Ah, and who told you that you were naked?" can be understood by a four year old i guess huh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In having your sins forgiven you will be made into a new creature in Christ who is inclined towards doing what is right and good. You cannot do anything that is truly good before then; before then all your righteousnesses are as filthy rags.
right outta the manual i guess, huh? Just as whacked as it can be, and all tied up neat with a bow and everything, but i'm editorializing now, sorry, that last is strictly imo. including the misinfomation at "filthy rags" which got warped too, sorry, and in parting lemme ask if that is so then you are saying that afterward all your righteousnesses are golden?

Wouldn't those be works, bro? Or what?

and we are not even looking at "you will be made into a new creature in Christ who is inclined towards doing what is right and good" in light of many will be deceived or i guess several, many other vv, twice the sons of hell you are, few there are who find it, he who seeks to save his soul will lose it, even professing themselves wise, they became fools i guess.
Hey wait, did you just say again "doing what is right and good" after all that yack about works not being important? Man, i'm trying real hard here bro, but that is just straight comedy, sorry. I feel like whos on first alla sudden? I thought all of our doing right and good is as filthy rags, too, what happened to that alla sudden? Too tired to go dig it out now tho.

ok, tks for the, um, ya. attempt. I do appreciate it ok. This was all a refute of "all will be judged," right? Or a kind of attempt to agree with it? Reconcile it i guess? So ty ok, have a nice evening, and kudos for actually even attempting to...well, not convo i guess, among equals iow, still talking to me like a punk, preaching at me like you know something when Scripture assures me that you dont, but at least we finally got some sort of reply to one, skinny little v in the Bible that has thus far eluded us, ty.

Prolly i deserve the condescension anyway i guess, my apologies for that, i hope you understand that this has just been being deflected away from and not defended for years now, here, many, many spark plugs have come through here now all refusing to even address the many vv that you have just now addressed one of, not that that is any excuse ok. ok bye

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, so cute, its like i'm twelve and back in my first day of "church" or something, huh. Doesnt matter how many ways it is Quoted at you, you still just arent going to hear the whole worlds sins have been atoned for, are you. Guess the arg would just shift to some religious double-speak about the diff in atonement and forgiveness anyway, thank you Father that "Ah, and who told you that you were naked?" can be understood by a four year old i guess huh

[Galatians 5:22-23 NASB] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

So which of the fruit were you modeling there?
We doltish baby Christians, too young to understand someone as mature as you, need help identifying the Fruit of the Spirit when it is being modeled for us ... so we can learn to “follow you as you follow Christ”.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[Galatians 5:22-23 NASB] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

So which of the fruit were you modeling there?
We doltish baby Christians, too young to understand someone as mature as you, need help identifying the Fruit of the Spirit when it is being modeled for us ... so we can learn to “follow you as you follow Christ”.

bbyrd apparently sees his main task here as taunting and antagonizing Christians.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
According to John 5:24, we have already passed from death unto life if we hear the words of Jesus and believe on Him who sent Him. What is the nature of that life? It is that we "have" everlasting life according to the same verse. Therefore from the first moment that we believe on Christ, we pass over from death into everlasting life. The nature of that life is that it will never end. In John 6:47, the one who believes in Christ in the present tense "has" everlasting life...this means that I have and will continue to have (for ever) everlasting life because I currently believe on Christ (assuming it is a heart faith and not mere mental assent as we have been contending for some time).

It is logical that when a man begins to have the right kind of faith,
so strange to me how you can blithely change have faith to "believe on (h)im" when it suits you up there, then like whip-snap back to "have the right kind of faith" to make your next talking point. Maybe just me?

Did you say logical? Bc i'm pretty sure you just said faith is logical.
ha, man, what am i even doing here Father, talking in the direction of this man who cannot hear anything i am saying, and thinks faith is logical in any kind of way? How long? How much longer? How much longer. ust i contend with ppl who blithely state works are irrelevant, and then blithely conflate faith and belief except when it suits them to do otherwise? No one wants to hear this Father, that i can tell? But You know best, certainly better than me, and maybe even jbf, huh...ok. Goodnight.