Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha dont worry, there are no priests there anyway i guess. Or few, anyway. Real Priests do not have titles and camps and respect and yadayada, that stuff is strictly for the pretenders. Testing voice to print. Yeah Eicks look out I just found a new toy :)
You found voice print.
Looking forward to you pages of convo!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi N,
I'm not to keen on number 4. I think we should have that attitude anyway.

I mean, I know a little bit about eschatology....I just don't think I could speak to it with any kind of knowledge that goes beyond the simple.

I do believe the end is coming.
I believe Jesus is coming back ONE TIME. When the world ends.
Those in their graves and also we will be taken up off the earth and taken to heaven.
I don't believe in any 1,000 year reign of satan and then he comes back and taunts humans again.
I don't believe in the rapture. I believe the one taken means something totally different and some theologians do agree with this.

That's about all I know.

Well, seems you know quite a bit afterall! lol. I understand, that's cool. I just find it so interesting to see what has already taken place that was prophesied in the O.T. I no longer believe in the rapture, but that does not matter to me and it can be a dangerous thing to be telling others that it is a "certainty" , why do they not just teach that it MIGHT or might NOT happen that way. And, why are some so adamant that "you MUST be Rapture ready!!! Duh...should we not ALWAYS be ready for Him?? Oh well, I hope not too many will be ruined if the rapture does not happen as they see it happening. :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
okay, I'm still working through this... Read it four times and still a little perplexed as to where you are coming from... Sorry.
hmm, i dont recall the last time anyone asked me for a specific clarification, despite the many comments about my being hard to read lol. And i ask for clarifications all the time, and rarely if ever get them. So i had decided that that was my problem too!

Anyway, whenever i hear stuff like "the sky is falling, tomorrow," by which i mean thats the way i read your "all us sabbatarians are about to be killed here any second" thing, i just cant help but goto "fear mongering" mentally, which might not always be the best option i guess ok. My point there is that if someone wants to pass some law or even come and take me it will be bc God has allowed it anyway right, at least on that second thing, and on the first one, i left the law so to speak a long time ago now, i actually even go only ten miles an hour in a twenty zone if little kids are too near the curb, etc, see, might even come to a dead stop sometimes lol. Like for an example, i dont really drive any unless i have to, try to not get in cars even. And i mean to the point of frustration and distraction for acquaintences, sometimes. Doesnt acquaintance have three As? Ya, something wrong with my spell dealy now hmm. This thing sure is high maintenance lol.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or is life more abundantly supposed to be the prize? Not even srsly considered by those who call themselves Christian anymore, see? We're all looking up into the sky for Jesus and talking about "Mars" now yeh? We are aware on some level that Mars is the god of war, arent we?
We are aware on some level that Mars, the god of war, is not real ... is he. ;)

Here is a confession for you, even if God had said there was no afterlife ... if only the sleep of the grave awaited us like the Old Testament seems to imply ... I would still choose to follow Christ and strive to obey the Father. The hope and and peace and blessings of faith and love in THIS LIFE ALONE, make it worth while. Everyone dies sooner or later, but not everyone really lives.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, seems you know quite a bit afterall! lol. I understand, that's cool. I just find it so interesting to see what has already taken place that was prophesied in the O.T. I no longer believe in the rapture, but that does not matter to me and it can be a dangerous thing to be telling others that it is a "certainty" , why do they not just teach that it MIGHT or might NOT happen that way. And, why are some so adamant that "you MUST be Rapture ready!!! Duh...should we not ALWAYS be ready for Him?? Oh well, I hope not too many will be ruined if the rapture does not happen as they see it happening. :(
You know...
they'd miss armageddon....
that's a good enough reason!
must go.

Reactions: Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good stuff, mr pollard. I guess reading It with one eye is pretty tough, and i dunno anyone "being saved" here though...at least among the vocal. A um few might admit to that i'm sure.

no offense but i dont see how you have addressed the implications of my post, the part you Quoted? ty
You focus too much on dying to self ... which is necessary ... but God is the God of the LIVING not the God of the dead, so you need to focus more on what you are LIVING FOR than what you are dying to.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yeah. Well. Our warnings against Antichrist and his mark and the impending conflict over religious freedom that the gospel in the last days infers, takes into account that the message is being promulgated by finite men who are just as dependant upon the grace of God as the next man. Doesn't remove one iota from the urgency of the message though.
to this i have to say that my nascent stumbling into having i guess removed my right eye has caused a completely diff interp of the relevant vv to be realized, or at least imagined, still trying to figure tha out tbh, but its weird i dont expect things about the future to clarify much more than they have for me now, which by that i mean i have much less confidence in any future predictions than i once did, but at the same time i dont see myself returning to my old way of thinking either, which at the time anyway brought me what i thought was some comfort.

So i am in a really weird in-between state right now, and dunno if you ever jumped out of a plane or not? Without a parachute? But that is not overstating by much the feeling. Wish i could say i was more comfortable with it, its a new thing, been going on about six months now. And for the life of me i cant recall anything seminal happening six months ago either...hmm. I found...what i'll call my first approximation of The Pearl right about then, talking here with @amadeus one day, but it was really a passing thought, a theory that came to mind, and hasnt really become like remarkable or anything since.

Anyway not sure why i got into all that, but you and i have a diff interp of what "last days" even means now i guess, see fwiw to me they started a couple thousand years ago lol, i'm sure youre fam with the v already.

About any impending conflicts over religious freedom, i know these seem paramount or at least important to you right now bl, and i dont mean to minimize them ok, but see i suspect i am talking to a good citizen of the US and a patriotic person in you, and so um impending conflicts over religious freedom we are just going to have diff povs i guess, see i cant help but feel that by proxy anyway the guy with the nukes who has already used them right and the meanest rabid unleashed dog for a pet whose "we" has been at war since forever is trying to tell me to beware about some...thing else? Which might not be fair at all ok, making a few assumptions there.

Would you stand for the National Anthem, bl? See, i wouldnt, and i'm not like proud of that nor wishing to make any points about that any more, i'm just over here quietly taking a knee, and not wanting to offend anyone if possible, patriots included.

Freedom is completely free, imo, see. Not very comfortable lol, kinda scary actually, but i think that will damp down prolly. ok have a good day. yikes, a book :)

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, not sure what power she might have been displaying "over" Samuel? So my response here would prolly be that as near as i can tell we are told to not practice necromancy, and not told that necromancy does not produce some results?

and no offense ince again here ok, but once again i asked a Q about the validity of Scripture there, and see i did not really get an answer, wadr. Ha well i plain old did not get an answer i guess huh.

You say so much for "safe," but Samuel's complaint amounts to "who woke me up," yeh? Not exactly unsafe imo. ok ty
You are ignoring the implications of your assumptions. That is what my question was intended to get you to think about. You asked a dishonest question about if scripture is true and if we can believe it ... that is not the issue. Of course scripture is "God breathed" True and we must believe it, but we must also understand it correctly.

You are claiming that a witch snatched the soul of Samuel (presumably a Saint of God safe in the hand of God and protected by God) from sheol (the grave) and from the hand of God by the power of Satan and his demons (because that is the only power available to a witch). I would offer the counterargument that anyone or any demon snatching a soul from the hand of God is an impossibility, but a demon lying and creating a counterfeit spirit to frighten and torment is a very real possibility. I suggest that it is far more likely that a demon lied in that event than that God was shown unable to protect one of His children.

Believe whatever you wish.
Now your question has been answered with absolutely no subtlety.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
What James wrote, as shown above, are direct contradiction of the Gospel that Paul taught and the account given in Genesis 15:4-6. Abraham was righteous before God solely because he believed God’s promises.

The Bible does not contradict itself. The problem lies with Luther's idea that 'faith only' saves, which is not found in the Bible. When one tries and force Luther's faith only into scripture one ends up with problems. Paul and James are in total agreement:

James 2:24----------------------works>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>justifies
Paul Romans 6:17-18-------obey from the heart>>>>>>>>>>>>justifies/free from sin

Both Paul and James reach the same above conclusion that obedience to God's will save from different directions:
--Paul's point in Romans is that flawless works (as required by the OT law) apart from faith cannot save.
--James' point is that faith apart from obedience cannot save.

Hence they both reach the agreement that an obedient faith saves.

Reactions: justbyfaith

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mr pollard this is prolly going to get frustrating for you really quick bc see once again my post has been completely ignored, not answered at all, see, and i just dont want to go down this path again ok, no offense meant. I appreciate you time here, have a nice day, and best of luck to you sir
That is your right, but I don't see what you have to complain about. You asked a rather brief and vague question ...
WADR this is a standard reply also, and we might easily test it due to the fact that Jesus left us very specific instructions for what he wanted his followers to do, yeah? First for the 70 and then for the 12 correct? no offense meant here OK, but talk to me about your desire to do those if you will, thank you

To which I offered what I thought was a fairly specific answer ...
Sure. BG (before God) :) I wanted to be respected by the other gang members, to not get caught in any of my criminal activities, to set my enemies on fire, and to choose the time and place of my death rather than just another suicide by cop that would soon be forgotten.

AG (after God), I quit the gang, quit the life, abandoned everyone and everything I knew and made a “gentlemen’s agreement” with God for my soul. I exchanged the bomb and murder-suicide that I had planned and in motion for a new life of God’s choosing. Anything he wanted and anywhere he wanted to send me. A total exchange of my darkness for His light. My anger for his peace. My death for His new life. There is a word that I later discovered that describes the relationship ... “bondi” ... it is a type of slave, but not a normal slave. Moses talks about when a man has the right to be free but chooses to be a slave for another, then he pierces his ear with an awl and wears a ring so everyone knows that this man earned his freedom, but willingly chose slavery because he loves his master. I am a bondi to Christ.

So what I want to do is simple ... “LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

Most of Jesus' "specific instructions" do not directly apply to me. I cannot let down a fishing net that I don't have. I cannot leave my fishing boat. I cannot climb down and prepare a dinner party at my home for Jesus. I cannot seek a colt tied up in town. I cannot stand watch in Gethsemane. I cannot sell my cloak to buy a sword. I cannot follow Jesus to see where he is sleeping tonight.

If you had specific questions about specific commands, then you should have asked them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You found voice print.
Looking forward to you pages of convo!
ha well it has serious limitations, or at least i am not proficient at working it yet? I do a lot of editing of my posts, italics and whatnot, weird sentence constructions that are not acceptable English, that the feature fights, mostly. Might use it sometimes tho, as i dont feel compelled to do that when replying to the one eyed for whatever reason

Reactions: GodsGrace
B

brakelite

which at the time anyway brought me what i thought was some comfort.
Understanding what is coming shouldn't bring comfort. It really ought to, I think, bring some level of discomfort...an awareness that the traditional support structures that mankind for some time have trusted in, will no longer be there. The comfort perhaps should come when we are experiencing a life totally dependant upon God. I think you have suggested that at times in different contexts...no staff....no purse...only one coat etc? There is an assurance of provision and safety in knowing God is not only able, but also willing to provide for every need. Am I there yet? No. But learning. My wife and I did sell everything we had but for a suitcase each of clothes and moved to Oz. But we did have somewhere to go.. So yeah, not that much of a test, but it was great to shed.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not contradict itself. The problem lies with Luther's idea that 'faith only' saves, which is not found in the Bible. When one tries and force Luther's faith only into scripture one ends up with problems. Paul and James are in total agreement:

James 2:24----------------------works>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>justifies
Paul Romans 6:17-18-------obey from the heart>>>>>>>>>>>>justifies/free from sin

Both Paul and James reach the same above conclusion that obedience to God's will save from different directions:
--Paul's point in Romans is that flawless works (as required by the OT law) apart from faith cannot save.
--James' point is that faith apart from obedience cannot save.

Hence they both reach the agreement that an obedient faith saves.
I agree, except for your characterization of Luther's position on salvation. Luther never advocated that Faith apart from obedience would save anyone. Luther advocated that the power to save came from God without the need for our works to earn God's love.

"The first and chief article is this: Jesus Christ, our God and Lord, died for our sins and was raised again for our justification (Romans 3:24-25). He alone is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world (John 1:29), and God has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:6). All have sinned and are justified freely, without their own works and merits, by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, in His blood (Romans 3:23-25). This is necessary to believe. This cannot be otherwise acquired or grasped by any work, law, or merit. Therefore, it is clear and certain that this faith alone justifies us." - Martin Luther​

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are claiming that a witch snatched the soul of Samuel
not sure how you get to here wadr, i do not claim that anyone snatched Samuel's soul, bc Samuel was a living soul while he was alive, Samuel did not ever have a soul to snatch that i am aware of nor can be Quoted to me, yeh? So ty anyway. Imo my "dishonest" Q seems honest enough to me, and i still dont know what your answer to that would be, i mean either she saw Samuel or she did not, and you get to pick what you believe there, certainly.
You focus too much on dying to self ... which is necessary ... but God is the God of the LIVING not the God of the dead, so you need to focus more on what you are LIVING FOR than what you are dying to.
maybe, have to take a look at that i guess, ty
Jesus says we all do:
  • [Mat 10:28 NASB] 28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
ok, go with that then, i personally will stick with Adam became a living soul myself