Please pray for CB.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What qualifies as worship of God?

Does highlighting self (what one wants, what one does, how one feels) qualify as worship of God or worship of the self which masquerades as worship of God?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray that God will bring in the Holy Spirit to CB, let us love one another, and keep out infiltrations of darkness. Let this site be pure in the eyes of the Lord, uplifting to the spirit, pleasing to him, and swept clean from evil.

Amen.
Joining you in this wonderfull prayer. Where two or three are gathered in his name there too is he among them. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What qualifies as worship of God?

Does highlighting self (what one wants, what one does, how one feels) qualify as worship of God or worship of the self which masquerades as worship of God?

23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:23–24

Worship is an act of love towards the Holy Father.

What you are speaking about is praise - which should also be an act of worship. You are right that not all do so with the right intentions...

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

But also I will give you this warning- nobody hates seeing the body of Christ being up and worshipping the creator more than the devil himself.

“Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace”

- Romans 8:4-6

God wants to be worshipped. Does anyone desire to stand in the way and accountable for withholding praise?

We want to be obedient to Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazed@grace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, revival starts with us. And I pray that for each person on CB, You will draw them close to You. You know every single person, Father. You see their weaknesses, their thoughts, their intentions, and their strengths. Thank You that You love every person on CB. I pray You draw them closer to You, and as You do, revival will take place starting at CB and reaching the world. Let CB become a site bringing You honor and glory through every person loving and serving You, in Jesus Name.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:23–24

Worship is an act of love towards the Holy Father.

What you are speaking about is praise - which should also be an act of worship. You are right that not all do so with the right intentions...

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

But also I will give you this warning- nobody hates seeing the body of Christ being up and worshipping the creator more than the devil himself.

“Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace”

- Romans 8:4-6

God wants to be worshipped. Does anyone desire to stand in the way and accountable for withholding praise?

We want to be obedient to Christ.
what I've noticed re the angels, when it comes to worshipping or praising God there is never any reference to themselves

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, thank You for the praise and the prayer I see on here!!! Thank You for the encouraging music!!! Thank You for the devotionals. Draw Your people to those things that encourage, uplift, and edify in Jesus mighty Name!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You for Your grace and mercy. Thank You for always accepting our repentance and prayers for a turned around life. Thank You by utilizing our time right on the forums, we can have edification in our spiritual lives.