Please pray for me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
WHOA mate!I don't do anonymous prayer requests myself until I know more about what people are asking for..
wink.gif
For example somebody a while back in another forum asked us to pray that his relationship would succeed, and it turned out he was a gay hoping that his new boyfriend wouldn't leave him!And more recently a lady asked us to pray that her new marriage would succeed, and it turned out she'd just married her girlfriend in a 'civil union'!Another time, a chap asked us to "help him become closer to God", and it turned out he was a Satanist and his 'god' was Satan!Maybe they think its funny asking a bunch of Christians to pray for them, but I can't see the funny side at all..
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2008
(MickinEngland;31971)
WHOA mate!I don't do anonymous prayer requests myself until I know more about what people are asking for..
wink.gif
For example somebody a while back in another forum asked us to pray that his relationship would succeed, and it turned out he was a gay hoping that his new boyfriend wouldn't leave him!And more recently a lady asked us to pray that her new marriage would succeed, and it turned out she'd just married her girlfriend in a 'civil union'!Another time, a chap asked us to "help him become closer to God", and it turned out he was a Satanist and his 'god' was Satan!Maybe they think its funny asking a bunch of Christians to pray for them, but I can't see the funny side at all..
wink.gif

Just don't direct your prayers blindly. God cannot be yielded beyond His will to do evil. Pray for His will in this individuals life. God will take care of the rest. I do understand your concerns. If you want you can also check out some other post from this user and come to a conclusion of your own.

topcat23

Jul 22, 2007
I can appreciate what Mr mickinengland is saying , but because we have faith in God, and nothing can be kept from him, God knows what we are praying for, and he knows whether to grant that request or not, remember its God's will not ours that is granted.I too pray that God's will is done in this person's life, and please remember that it is God's wll , not ours.God bless, love, topcat

Kimshi42

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks, all. I do get Mick's point but, like others, also know that God answers prayer according to His will.One of my concerns is my fears - they are getting out of control and it's frankly weird. I think it's an attack and in some ways it makes me think God has something big for me to do that Satan is trying to keep me from to be working so hard to distract me! For example, I was looking at pics from someone's baby shower and instead of being happy for her I was sad. I have very few friends and I started to panic that if I ever got pregnant one day no one would be there to throw me a shower. It was a serious pang of envy, fear and sadness. So this request is two-fold: that God send me more friends (or show me what's holding me back from having them) and that he calm my (sometimes irrational) fears.I have many needs but this one just came to mind. Thanks!