Please Pray For My Brother

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jar

Aug 1, 2010
Hi,

I don't often do this but I think my brother needs some prayer warriors on his side. I've been praying for him constantly, I'm very worried about him. He used to be a big lad, around 280lbs and over 6 feet but he's been living with this family that have been manipulating him, starving him and he's withered to around 130lbs and is skinny, sickly and always exhausted. This woman his verbally abusive and very controlling. She knows that he loves her kids very much, he's such a kind heart and a gentle soul. Her husband is gone to Afghanistan with the army. She's been using my brother as pretty much her gopher. He's doing her running around, taking care of her kids, and constantly is cleaning or doing something for her. It's gotten to the point where he's so exhausted from her obsessive behaviour that he lost his job. It was the one good thing he had in his life, it was a small business and he had a lot of responsibilities and he loved that job, but she took it away from him. She's toxic and I believe she's a very malignant personality. But he doesn't know how to walk away. He's a needy personality that's easy to manipulate. It breaks my heart because he's such a good man and he deserves to be with people who honestly care about him, won't use him and grind him into dust.

His relationship with this woman is sick. I'm not sure if they are intimate and frankly, I don't want to know. I know that my brother respects her husband very much and I don't imagine he'd do anything like that-- but then, I didn't imagine he could be used in such a way by this woman. I don't know what depravities are going on in that house. I worry for those children too, but I worry about my brother mostly. She forced him to eat peanut butter sandwiches for an entire week once knowing that he was sick and working a lot, she had laughingly said to my mother. She's proud of how domineering she is. I'm so worried for him and I'm ashamed to say, I do NOT like that woman at all. What I don't understand is how accepting her and her husband's family is about this. This is so incredibly wrong, so immoral.

I just ask for your prayers, that God would touch my brother's life and make him realize that the only person he needs in his life is God. That God will make him realize how terrible, immoral and unhealthy this relationship is.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hi,

I don't often do this but I think my brother needs some prayer warriors on his side. I've been praying for him constantly, I'm very worried about him. He used to be a big lad, around 280lbs and over 6 feet but he's been living with this family that have been manipulating him, starving him and he's withered to around 130lbs and is skinny, sickly and always exhausted. This woman his verbally abusive and very controlling. She knows that he loves her kids very much, he's such a kind heart and a gentle soul. Her husband is gone to Afghanistan with the army. She's been using my brother as pretty much her gopher. He's doing her running around, taking care of her kids, and constantly is cleaning or doing something for her. It's gotten to the point where he's so exhausted from her obsessive behaviour that he lost his job. It was the one good thing he had in his life, it was a small business and he had a lot of responsibilities and he loved that job, but she took it away from him. She's toxic and I believe she's a very malignant personality. But he doesn't know how to walk away. He's a needy personality that's easy to manipulate. It breaks my heart because he's such a good man and he deserves to be with people who honestly care about him, won't use him and grind him into dust.

His relationship with this woman is sick. I'm not sure if they are intimate and frankly, I don't want to know. I know that my brother respects her husband very much and I don't imagine he'd do anything like that-- but then, I didn't imagine he could be used in such a way by this woman. I don't know what depravities are going on in that house. I worry for those children too, but I worry about my brother mostly. She forced him to eat peanut butter sandwiches for an entire week once knowing that he was sick and working a lot, she had laughingly said to my mother. She's proud of how domineering she is. I'm so worried for him and I'm ashamed to say, I do NOT like that woman at all. What I don't understand is how accepting her and her husband's family is about this. This is so incredibly wrong, so immoral.

I just ask for your prayers, that God would touch my brother's life and make him realize that the only person he needs in his life is God. That God will make him realize how terrible, immoral and unhealthy this relationship is.

Mark 11:24 (KJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

limbo

Jan 22, 2009
Mark 11:24 (KJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Lord,
You know the horror of what is going on in this situation with Duckybill's brother. you know the depravity of the world and those who wish to manipulate others for their own selfish interests. And You know the pain that evil people can inflict on those around them.
Lord, i ask in Your Name, that You protect Duckybill's brother from further harm from this strange woman. I ask that You move in this situation to bind the powers of darkness that are obviously operating to destroy this brother and perhaps even innocent children involved.
Open Duckybill's brother's heart and mind to be aware of the strange things that are happening around him by this woman's manipulating and let him yearn for good and right in the situation, yearn for a way to get it and realize that in you, Lord Jesus, he has the power to stop being manipulated, power over the powers of darkness that are ultimately trying to destroy him.
Let this brother flee from this situation when he realizes that he is just being used and abused by a very selfish, wicked person.
Let this situation turn for good in that it becomes a catalyst for Duckybill's brother's salvation.
Glory to Thy Holy Name!
And Lord, somehow deliver innocent children involved.
In The Name of Jesus I pray,
Amen and Amen
limbo
richandpoordonotmix.com/prayer_forum/

limbo

Jan 22, 2009
Lord,
You know the horror of what is going on in this situation with Duckybill's brother. you know the depravity of the world and those who wish to manipulate others for their own selfish interests. And You know the pain that evil people can inflict on those around them.
Lord, i ask in Your Name, that You protect Duckybill's brother from further harm from this strange woman. I ask that You move in this situation to bind the powers of darkness that are obviously operating to destroy this brother and perhaps even innocent children involved.
Open Duckybill's brother's heart and mind to be aware of the strange things that are happening around him by this woman's manipulating and let him yearn for good and right in the situation, yearn for a way to get it and realize that in you, Lord Jesus, he has the power to stop being manipulated, power over the powers of darkness that are ultimately trying to destroy him.
Let this brother flee from this situation when he realizes that he is just being used and abused by a very selfish, wicked person.
Let this situation turn for good in that it becomes a catalyst for Duckybill's brother's salvation.
Glory to Thy Holy Name!
And Lord, somehow deliver innocent children involved.
In The Name of Jesus I pray,
Amen and Amen
limbo
richandpoordonotmix.com/prayer_forum/

To all who read---please forgive my mistake. i thought Duckybill had posted this request and used his name for the brother to pray for. The prayer still stands, the Lord knows who it is for!
In His Name,
limbo

limbo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Father,

Please divinely intervene in this situation.
smiley_pray.gif

You know all things and you know what is happening here and why...
Please straighten out what has become crooked and do not allow the enemy to have dominion in it.
Please protect Jar's brother from any kind of abuse and help him on the path of clearly understanding his situation with a sound mind.

Father,
I stand in the gap and break the power of control and manipulation over him...

In Jesus name!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your brother is learning a valuable life lesson. I truly believe every guy needs to learn from women like the one you are describing before they ever get married. There is a great book out there - a classic, called "Of Human Bondage" - it is a story about a young man who is going through a similar (I believe it is a universal story) situation and how he makes it through and ends up growing up a great deal. Women have their own lessons they need to learn before they can find the right person to marry, as well.

Unfortunately, I have friends who do not learn from these types of situations and end up making the worse mistake - marrying the women. I will pray for your brother!