Please pray for people who are unequally yoked - your faith comes easy and lightly, but theirs is like a sea of doubt (testing?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I will be blunt, I have been unequally yoked. It was a fleeting thing, but I have had dysfunction ever since. It occurred to me that their might be other people like me, struggling with being unequally yoked. I think it would be a good thing, for the Church to pray - since the Church seems to endure the expectations of the World, much better than people who try to endure it on their own. I think what I really want is closure.

If you have been unequally yoked, it seems like the relationship will go on forever. That doesn't make sense. So as you can see, it is quite hard on the heart. Other people have it easy and lightly, because they have kept their faith for the Lord. It is the foolish virgins that the Lord mostly rejects. I suppose what would help also, is some sort of understanding. Like that in the end, those with whom we are unequally yoked, will see the light, in the end. We can at least pray that they will.

The problem is, their body is ours and ours is theirs. We need to learn to surrender, but also be strong. Its a difficult lesson to learn! I don't know what else to add, but that I pray that everyone who is unequally yoked, will have partners that see the light - that I think would be an important prayer.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

God bless.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my brothers who is born again of the Spirit married a Catholic. She is sweet as can be but, my brother, back when they married, was young and still had some shedding to do! ... Thought he could persuade her to leave Catholicism, did not happen as he was doing it in the flesh. Broke her statues of Mary, badgered her with scripture and all that did was push her further away. Now, they are still married but rarely spend time together :(

• Sad
Reactions: Chains Broken