"Please Report Heresy"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically they think they are under the OT law; (kind of, not much emphasis on Galatians, Hebrews 7, etc....
Oh. That's interesting. Because I've been an Adventist for 31 years, and I've never thought of myself or other Adventists as being "under the OT law."

By the way, what does that have to do with Scripture manuscript history?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Basically they think they are under the OT law; (kind of, not much emphasis on Galatians, Hebrews 7, etc....
I've been an Adventist for since 1997. A Christian since 1976. But not once have I sacrificed a cow since being an Adventist. I did sacrifice a few, and a sheep and a pig once before I was an Adventist. The extended family always loved those barbecues and and even the odd hangi. (Look it up). So maybe you have things a little back to front?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm. If he was covered in tattoos, had earrings, and smoked cigarettes and enjoyed the odd beer and was a member of a Christian rock band that would make his book more acceptable?
Don't forget theistic evolution. That always looks good on a Bible scholar resume nowadays. :p

Just ribbin' ya, @farouk :D

Reactions: Brakelite

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife Oh…okay, now I get what was happening in that other thread…

After I first met God I found a book in the thrift store that was my absolute favorite. I lament that i picked it up so much it fell apart eventually and the pages all got scattered. It was like…just almost all Bible verses. There was something toward the very end I vehemently didn’t agree with, I forget what…but man, did I ever love that book. The author was EG White. Do you know the title of a book that author wrote that is almost all verse after verse? It was a really thick paperback.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, I have seen and learned so much in past few days I just can’t even contain it all…

Ive also seen a very bad and false spirit in here that is fighting real hard to control men, but I have also learned about some mistakes I’ve been making.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife Oh…okay, now I get what was happening in that other thread…

After I first met God I found a book in the thrift store that was my absolute favorite. I lament that i picked it up so much it fell apart eventually and the pages all got scattered. It was like…just almost all Bible verses. There was something toward the very end I vehemently didn’t agree with, I forget what…but man, did I ever love that book. The author was EG White. Do you know the title of a book that author wrote that is almost all verse after verse? It was a really thick paperback.

Or maybe I don’t get it…I thought maybe they were having a fit over you being Adventist…but I guess it could have been over someone else. For all I know, it was me they were having a fit over.

But I still want to know the name of that book I had.
Maybe @Backlit knows…

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
f88dcce9-5e3d-4130-b50c-8f9dacc17d3b
View attachment 16700

I found this on another Christian site.
Heresy is a human concept based upon accepted doctrine.
A worldly definition is:
heresy
[ˈherəsē]
NOUN
belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.​
On an ecumenical web site like this one, heresy becomes a bit more difficult to define, but strictly speaking, reformed churches would label Catholicism as heretical for giving unbiblical doctrines equal weight to those outlined in scripture. Roman Catholicism labeled the reformers as heretical for rejecting their priesthood and asserting that salvation is dependent upon their five solas and independent of the church.
The rhetoric has been toned down over the centuries, in a search for common ground and unity, but every cult and sect that exists is founded upon heresy according to this worldly definition.
I'm really glad that heretics aren't burnt at the stake anymore. The vast majority of us would already have been forced to "recant" or have been turned into crispy critters long ago.